• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Help! I'm an INTP

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
But why not think about it carefully first? I needed to analyze beforehand what caused me to be so demotivated. It's my nature to think before acting.

I see you're Enneagram type 7w8. I'm type 5. I'm guessing that you are more assertive and spontaneous. Not me. But I can try, one step at a time.

edited it some.

ps: I may be blunt at times.
anyway, i'd be glad to exchange a few ideas.
Let me read what the topic is about first :whistling:

ps bis: alright.
done

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ok I think there's some major misunderstanding there. I wasn't attacking the person but the process, u need somebody to tell things bluntly otherwise we both know this thread would just sink into the 'let's have some theory, draw a few maps and theorize some more until the final end of time and space.

Whether or not others who read this actually apply to be better is not your or my business. I don't know about others, but I'm determined to make myself better.

And I made this post with the best of intentions. I'm an INTP. I don't seek advice unless I feel I really need to (emotions not being my biggest strength)

And this is my process. It's not yours. You wont understand it just as I won't understand ENFPs/INFPs/ENTJs/etc way of self-improvement.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
first, getting rid of the whole solipsistic background would be a good start.
We are data processing units, we are social animals living within a social network. Our society and its members provide us with knowledge, information and the processing power of other human beings.

Therefore as a thinker, you have to see a rich social life as a way to intellectually enrich your life.

I haven't slept so I'm really not in shape to write a mid term paper on social dynamics in the post modern early 21st century or something.

Lets make it simple.

You like ideas, thinking things over, see how it all works. (So do I)

Well, try studying inter group social dynamics, bodylanguage, biological anthropology, neuro linguistic programmation, sociology and so on.

Make people a subject of study, turn socialization into a game of skills, learning to go with the flow while keeping it intellectual, use your mind as an advantage.

Why?
Because More interaction equals to more possibilities equals to more stimulations.

More informations, new topics of interest, building your social muscle using what you have instead of seeing it as a forceful process, a 10meters high wall.

Learn to do most of the thinking in real time, make it a challenge to yourself instead of an aimless quest for normality.

You don't have to find some awesome organisation, some very special activity. This is a bias we all have, thinking that simple things everybody do cannot be just as complex and fascinating as any so called intellectual field.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
first, getting rid of the whole solipsistic background would be a good start.

I haven't slept so I'm really not in shape to write a mid term paper on social dynamics in the post modern early 21st century or something.

Let's make it simple.

You like ideas, thinking things over, see how it all works. (So do I)

Well, try studying inter group social dynamics, bodylanguage, biological anthropology, neuro linguistic programmation, sociology and so on.

Make people a subject of study, turn socialization into a game of skills, learning to go with the flow while keeping it intellectual, use your mind as an advantage.

Why?
Because More interaction equals to more possibilities equals to more stimulations.

More informations, new topics of interest, building your social muscle using what you have instead of seeing it as a forceful process, a 10meters high wall.

Learn to do most of the thinking in real time, make it a challenge to yourself instead of an aimless quest for normality.

Good points. I should pay attention more to verbal cues, body language, etc and see how other people do it.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Good points. I should pay attention more to verbal cues, body language, etc and see how other people do it.
It starts with simple things you know. Take the subway or any public transportation.

You'll never see these people again right? And even if you did you wouldn't recognize them.

So play with them. When people try their best not to look anybody in the eyes, observe the way people act and react to your bodylanguage.

Take some space, act like ur at home and everybody else is just acting wierd.

Because trust me, they are. When you think of it there's nothing as ridiculous as the way people act. Everybody tries not to make everybody else unconfortable and they try so hard that everybody ends up feeling awkward.

You should see me grin in the subway : P

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
GrooveJet02 your posts are very well self-critiqued, there has been a lot of effort put in. I think by first recognising your flaws you are already progressing. I like Eck's idea that interaction will allow introspection, simulateneously allowing to bond with others.

Qre:us

Do life get better for INTPs as they grow older or are they doomed to be eternally restless and uncommitted? What should I do? What keeps INTPs going? I feel that I'm not aggressive enough for to assert my self in this world. I feel so unmotivated to strive for anything.

Alas, it is not treatable, this condition of INTPidity, only symptomatic relief can be prescribed.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Alas, it is not treatable, this condition of INTPidity, only symptomatic relief can be prescribed.

The small tube is $4.49? Yeah, I'll take one please.

No, no.

Must persist. MUST.