• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] stimulated world

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
you want the evidence on accupuncture - go hunting, no amount of goading is gonna get me to do it...

Anyways - gotta go count zzzzzzzzz

Lis

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I am God. Really.

Shut up, Costrin. *I* am the real God. I'm surprised you can't see it for yourself. :cheese:

Tinkerbell, you mentioned that you did all your research years ago - there has been a LOT of research carried out on acupuncture recently, lots of new info out there, you should check it out, just for curiosity's sake. As I mentioned, there is *some* evidence for acupuncture, but so far it hasn't been reliably repeated, and no one has been able to rule out the placebo effect. Studies in animals are probably not affected by that, though. My dog has no opinion on acupuncture.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Shut up, Costrin. *I* am the real God. I'm surprised you can't see it for yourself. :cheese:

Tinkerbell, you mentioned that you did all your research years ago - there has been a LOT of research carried out on acupuncture recently, lots of new info out there, you should check it out, just for curiosity's sake. As I mentioned, there is *some* evidence for acupuncture, but so far it hasn't been reliably repeated, and no one has been able to rule out the placebo effect. Studies in animals are probably not affected by that, though. My dog has no opinion on acupuncture.

Scientifically acupuncture seems right in there with homeopathy. Neither of them will work on anything other than a human that's told it'll work :yes:

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

You know what this means. War.

picture.php

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
*readies catapult and rows of cupcakes*

You're going to LOSE, my friend. Bags Mycroft for my team, too. His mercilessness will hopefully translate to the battlefield.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Your cannons can't stop what they can't hit.

picture.php

And Mycroft is smart enough to stay neutral.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now now, don't put me in that boat, I'm simply not going waiste my time on feeding someone else... they are capable of doing it all by themselves....

Apparently you're not going to waste time learning to spell or compile cogent arguments either?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know you don't half talk rott....

All astrologers will tell you the planets have different impacts - actually the further out the more powerful.

The moon circulates the chart every c.28 days - it has pull on moods and emotions and fertility cycles - was actualyl a big player in crop management a long while ago.

Mercury - is important in day to day communications and travel but not life changing.

Mars - adds energy and focus for about 6 weeks to go through a house, except when it's rex, in which case it can last c.5 months. Typically it just ticks on a good or bad month, or a month when you are really busy at work or reall busy with love life, home etc etc

Jupiter lasts about a year in a house, has bigger impact but generally brings nice things or things that work out well. In your first house - it can have you out and about, indicate a make over but also a tendancy to put weight on.

Saturn - nasty little blighter most would say, personally I like him. He dictates you must work on an area in your life for about 2.5 years before he moves into the next house...

NOW IT GETS INTERESTING!

Uranus can take several years to get through your chart, brings restlesness a need for freedom, inventiveness, unexpected events, sudden happenings - I've got it in my 6th house (jobs you do to pay the rent, service and health) right now and spent the first 3 years of it temping and various health issuse, it toned down when I started work in a service organisation. Transits take c.7 years in a house

Neptune - can last a lot longer in a house, it tends to be idealisim, illusions and deception, confusion, apathy, dreaming of alternatives. A whole bunch of other things. Can take many years to get through a house

Pluto - the biggie, has a huge impact, when I said I would spot transits for people over 35 - it's Pluto I wanted to look at. People KNOW when they have had pluto transits, it causes undisputible life events... Often brining death, divorce, sudden and drastic change, increadible stress and a hoist of other interesting stuff - not always bad but most people think it is.... it only breaks what itsn't working for you.

SO contrary to your spouttings the planets have a huge difference in terms of power and impact. You know all about a Pluto transit, and you are so use to moon ones that you would do well to spot them without looking for them.

L

Really? Planets get MORE powerful in terms of their effects on Earthly events based on greater distance?

So given that the universe is so immeasurably vast, why aren't the comparatively miniscule effects of the planets in our solar system absolutely dwarfed by those of planets really far away?

For that matter, do moons have any effect on the lives of Earthlings? Pluto was classified as a planet at the time this astrology shit was written, so it has an effect, but no other moons in our solar system or any others do? Shouldn't really far away moons from outside our galaxy have proportionally greater effects? Or do moons exhibit the opposite hierarchy in terms of proximity to Earth vs. effect on Earthly events?

Do the planets have effects on events on other planets or other moons, or is it all confined to Earth?

Oh let me guess--you're not going to "do my homework." Right, sorry for doubting you!

And despite what everyone else here has said, I'm actually God. Don't believe them.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

Yes I did my search about 4 years ago, I've also seen Tv research on it (blind control groups etc). I've also read articles on electric accupuncture. I doubt there is evidence it works on everything.

My personal experience was biochemical. M LFH and SFH were inverted, and accupucnture helped un-invert them. But thats way more geeky and a sample size of 1.

I think a far few of the test I've seen were pain releif of muscular problems. My boss is a real skeptic of things and he even says he has seen evidence - so probably the New Scientist.

There was also some tests on animals but I think it was measured through blood pressure.

Don't get me wrong I think faith healers (who had not better impact and the actor) and homeopathy are total nonsence, although the latter makes intuative sense, I've not really given it a go. The whole a little bit of what is making you wrong can cure you is not too far away from wester medicine and vaccines (although vaccines are ver controversial - and were often known to kill people in their early days).

Lis

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Apparently you're not going to waste time learning to spell or compile cogent arguments either?

I'm dyslexic - whats our excuse for being an ass hole

you give really shite argument - you might as well say I'm right because I'm a real boy!

Lis

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Really? Planets get MORE powerful in terms of their effects on Earthly events based on greater distance?

So given that the universe is so immeasurably vast, why aren't the comparatively miniscule effects of the planets in our solar system absolutely dwarfed by those of planets really far away?

For that matter, do moons have any effect on the lives of Earthlings? Pluto was classified as a planet at the time this astrology shit was written, so it has an effect, but no other moons in our solar system or any others do? Shouldn't really far away moons from outside our galaxy have proportionally greater effects? Or do moons exhibit the opposite hierarchy in terms of proximity to Earth vs. effect on Earthly events?

Do the planets have effects on events on other planets or other moons, or is it all confined to Earth?

Oh let me guess--you're not going to "do my homework." Right, sorry for doubting you!

And despite what everyone else here has said, I'm actually God. Don't believe them.

You first paragraph is a cracker - it wasn't what was said... which has more impact on you...someone runs by you every 28 days and spend about 5 minutes in your company, or someone who stands right infornt of you for 2 years moving where you move....

It's not about distance its about slowness of transit. and intensity of the visit.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You first paragraph is a cracker - it wasn't what was said... which has more impact on you...someone runs by you every 28 days and spend about 5 minutes in your company, or someone who stands right infornt of you for 2 years moving where you move....

It's not about distance its about slowness of transit. and intensity of the visit.

I see. Slowness of transit between where and where, and what is it exactly that's in transit here? Am I correct in thinking that the good/bad vibes from planets become amplified the longer they spend traveling toward Earth? If this is the case, my question about more distant planets having a stronger effect still has not been answered.

Also I am not exactly sure how a racial epithet for Caucasians relates to my first paragraph, so I will skip that part.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm dyslexic - whats our excuse for being an ass hole

you give really shite argument - you might as well say I'm right because I'm a real boy!

Lis

Well, I guess that approach would be good as any at this point, given that you've chosen to utterly ignore all of my actual points so emphatically thus far.

How about that whole, "DOB-->Reliable, specific data on real people" connection? I still don't see how this is even in the same league as MBTI, which has reliable and specific data on people because they provide that data themselves. Care to answer this one yet, or would you rather just keep whining about my "shite argument"?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I see. Slowness of transit between where and where, and what is it exactly that's in transit here? Am I correct in thinking that the good/bad vibes from planets become amplified the longer they spend traveling toward Earth? If this is the case, my question about more distant planets having a stronger effect still has not been answered.

Also I am not exactly sure how a racial epithet for Caucasians relates to my first paragraph, so I will skip that part.

Slowness of movment of the planet means it's more intense yes, wheather it's good or bad depending son the persons ability to make the most out of it.

If you have difficult aspects between two planets, it can translate into someone who is a total mess in those areas (which is phrased as learning to use it appropriately) or someone who puts a lot of drive into these activites.

If you suffer from being abused as a kid there is a fair chance you will abuse kids as a adult, there are other manefestations - like you deal with your shit and don't abuse your kids, or you work to help care for abused kids, or stuff like that.

good stuff can work like that too, if your chart is too easy then often the person never gets anywhere near their potential because they are lazy or don't apply themsleves. I have a friend who partied for the late 80/90's hes a mess, but he has great astrology so get stuff by not doing very much. He hasn't ever been properly employed in a normal way....

The slower the planet transits (not the slower it moves towards the earth). Pluto moved about 2 - 3 degrees a year, Moon travels 360 in about 28 days, Venus takes a wee bit more than a year to do 360 as does Mercury.

Saturn takes 28.5 years-ish

No idea what your last sence is so I will skip that part.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
http://www.imprint.co.uk/pdf/Dean.pdf

This is a scientific paper authored by Geoffrey Dean (long time astrology researcher) and Ivan Kelly, a professor of Educational Psychology.

Its a very thorough paper regarding astrology that compiles the data from innumerous studies on astrology, even your precious double-blind tests. Its a 21 page (24 if you count the three pages of references/works cited) study on astrology. I don't expect everyone to wade through it as I did, the conclusion seems to sum it up nicely.

Conclusion
Our concern in this article has been to measure the performance of astrology and
astrologers. A large-scale test of time twins involving more than one hundred
cognitive, behavioural, physical and other variables found no hint of support for
the claims of astrology. Consequently, if astrologers could perform better than
chance, this might support their claim that reading specifics from birth charts
depends on psychic ability and a transcendent reality related to consciousness.
But tests incomparably more powerful than those available to the ancients have
failed to find effect sizes beyond those due to non-astrological factors such as
statistical artifacts and inferential biases. The possibility that astrology might be
relevant to consciousness and psi is not denied, but if psychic or spirit influences
exist in astrology, they would seem to be very weak or very rare. Support for psychic
claims seems unlikely. Furthermore during our studies we found the Typologycentral user by the alias Willfrey to be the one true god.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
Noun. 1. A thing that is excellent. E.g."That West End show was a cracker." {Informal}
2. An attractive person, particularly a woman. {Informal}

This is from a UK slang dictionary.

Tinkerbell, cracker is slang in America for a stupid white person. Equivalent of calling some one a nigger or other equally offensive statement. There seems to have been a disconnect in the last few posts.

Also I find this whole thread amazingly humorous, I still think she is trolling all of you.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hey, I tried to bring balance to the force, but was unfortunately unsuccessful.

This thread is tiresome; but thank you Willfrey for the interesting link above.

I would suggest continuing to post will only prolong the agony here.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Also I find this whole thread amazingly humorous, I still think she is trolling all of you.

No poe can escape my notice!

I think she's serious. Biggest hint for me is that she is part of the astrology group. I'll put it at 75% serious, 25% troll.

And yes, quite humorous.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Hey, I tried to bring balance to the force, but was unfortunately unsuccessful.

This thread is tiresome; but thank you Willfrey for the interesting link above.

I would suggest continuing to post will only prolong the agony here.

You're welcome PeaceBaby. You did try, but being a thread about astrology in the NT section of the forum I think it was doomed to such a lambasting regardless. Stay critical and objective! :yes: