• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] stimulated world

Paisley

Strolling Through The Shire
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
No, I think you're right on topic. MBTI is a starting point or reference point to organize, and by nature is left open due to the varying externalities of human behaviour. Especially in a case like myself that scores 50/50 on my E and I. It's simply a reference point for me, to understand the varying ways I would go about doing or thinking about something. You could make the case that MBTI needs to be supplemented with the Enneagram and Socionics, to fill in some of those externalities in behaviour.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
...................Astrology, Chiromancy and Divining are as authoritative in their respective subjects as the faith one puts into them. They are faith based, not science based, and can be disproved and considered fallacious. I guess the next question is, to what extent is MBTI taken on faith, and to what extent is it justifiably unreasonable?

HARSH - astrology is the interpretation of number listed in an ephemeris, it take a while to learn but it is not based on GIFTed skills, simply text book learning of interpretation....

NO faith require at all to do it.

Lis

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I can prove Astrology incorrect in whatever amount of time it takes me to write the rest of this post.

Astrology is for predicting personality.
I don't have one -- I just make up a bunch of characters and play them all.
Nocapszy is one of them. Whatever I am is probably pretty close, but it's not identical.
That is to say, I encompass many personalities.
But I was only born once, so I ought to have only one.
By virtue of the fact that Astrology is the kind of 'science' that only requires a single contradicting specimen to disprove any potential validity it managed to muster, it's bullshit.

Close the thread.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I can prove Astrology incorrect in whatever amount of time it takes me to write the rest of this post.

I don't have one -- I just make up a bunch of characters and play them all.
Nocapszy is one of them. Whatever I am is probably pretty close, but it's not identical.
That is to say, I encompass many personalities.
But I was only born once, so I ought to have only one.
By virtue of the fact that Astrology is the kind of 'science' that only requires a single contradicting specimen to disprove any potential validity it managed to muster, it's bullshit.

Close the thread.

Ouh he is such a drama queen, reminds me of myself when I was younger :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sometimes I think I am the last one, who actually does not need to defend his viewport all the time

Ah bless ya,

You do realise that coming onto a site where there are a load of sudo-scientists (some of whom, pride themselve in perceptions of free thinking) and put an out there beleif that is both well considered and very, very educated - it cracks me up how much of a rise you can get out of people. So many 20-something men seem to just be in capable of beliving in much. Life knocks the stuffing out of that in good time, so I ought not to tease....

Enjoy the banter, and don't get too strung up. I'm entitled to think what I think, because I've been practicing and learning for nearly 9 years - AWCH! It really can be wonderfully accurate at giving windows of opportunity for different things.

For people with more age - mid life stuff, it's good to give a begining a middle and an end to problems. The old adage "this too shall pass" is remarkably theraputic for people in crisis.

As for telling if your latest squeeze is the love of your life style questions - they tick me off no end, learn about the person from experience not using mental tools....

L

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Loads of questions, why it works is not proven, at a very educated guess ................something along the lines of the miridians used in accupuncture.

As beings we are made up mainly of water - which is why the moon impacts us - we are tidal beings even if trapped in unatrual light. Do you know womens can be rendered infertile and cured by Moonlight, stop drawing cutrains while you sleep can regulate your menstral cycle.

Mars - blood contains iron, Mars is related to Iron... I was anemic a few years ago (when my mars was being affected).

Venus - I think relates to copper (but I could be wrong).

Most planets relate to different minerals within the body - which may be the root of how these planets influence.

In terms of free will - I totally agree. Astrology may predicat a window of opportunity, but if you don't leave the house that opportunity is never relaised (unless it is abotu accidents or the sky falling in).

Major cycles are dead ringers with peoples actual chart, day to day moods are just nonsence really.

Can we sperate horoscopes from astrology please, the latter is much more detailed.

Lis

Again, taking that at face value, I'd ask you for your evidence, your proof that it works that way. It seems like Science Fiction not Science. You take Asprin for a heart condition because it's proved to be a blood thinner, and therefore provable. Astrology is highly unprobative, and for the most part unprovable unless, like I said, you have to believe in it, so you go around looking for evidence of astrology actually working, while dismissing those evidences that don't. Then again, I love sci-fi so I'm not oppossed to the idea, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate for the conversation.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Close the thread.

So which astrology are you talking about????

Native astrology (exploring the reserve of a person)
Psycological Astrology (exploring the psycology of a person)
Decumrature (medical astrology)
Elective astrology (settign dates for events)
Horary (a bit wooly method of answering question)
Mundane (political astrology)
Financial (yes people really can play the market, gambol etc - some of them make an absolute killing in the city)
Predictive (using a varity of techneques)
Horoscopic (what you read in the papers and other Scopes)

So I'm guessing you really don't quite know what it is you are talking about - depending on you making sweeping gneralisations about probably the experience you've had a one of the weakest forms of astrology - Horoscopes

Lis

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ah bless ya,

You do realise that coming onto a site where there are a load of sudo-scientists (some of whom, pride themselve in perceptions of free thinking) and put an out there beleif that is both well considered and very, very educated - it cracks me up how much of a rise you can get out of people. So many 20-something men seem to just be in capable of beliving in much. Life knocks the stuffing out of that in good time, so I ought not to tease....

Enjoy the banter, and don't get too strung up. I'm entitled to think what I think, because I've been practicing and learning for nearly 9 years - AWCH! It really can be wonderfully accurate at giving windows of opportunity for different things.

For people with more age - mid life stuff, it's good to give a begining a middle and an end to problems. The old adage "this too shall pass" is remarkably theraputic for people in crisis.

As for telling if your latest squeeze is the love of your life style questions - they tick me off no end, learn about the person from experience not using mental tools....

L

I am hardly getting all that you said, but I think you just mocked me.

I dont make a difference in class, I am seeking for new perspectives in life about life and to rule out the younger people, is like cutting your eyes out concerning the idea.

If I can share an experience on something I know, with someone who doesnt know, I try but most of the times it does not work, because I havent settled on a truth yet and I think I never will.

Do me a favour and get the NT back into you. Your SJ status crap is scaring the hell outa me :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Again, taking that at face value, I'd ask you for your evidence, your proof that it works that way. It seems like Science Fiction not Science. You take Asprin for a heart condition because it's proved to be a blood thinner, and therefore provable. Astrology is highly unprobative, and for the most part unprovable unless, like I said, you have to believe in it, so you go around looking for evidence of astrology actually working, while dismissing those evidences that don't.

Ah now, there are LOTs of things that can't be proven.

Science - which you seem to be hanging you hat on, can PROVE accupuncture works, but it can't prove WHY it works.

Tides are proven to be influenced by the moon

100 years ago - science couldn't PROVE hormones exsists

So I'm guesing you want to limit your thinking BIG time....

Next thing you'll be telling me you don't beleive in Fairies :p

Although I might need to fly - Jen's got a stick she wants to poke in my eye (WHAT did I ever do to her)... sheeesh :)

Lis

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ah now, there are LOTs of things that can't be proven.

Science - which you seem to be hanging you hat on, can PROVE accupuncture works, but it can't prove WHY it works.

Tides are proven to be influenced by the moon

100 years ago - science couldn't PROVE hormones exsists

So I'm guesing you want to limit your thinking BIG time....

Next thing you'll be telling me you don't beleive in Fairies :p

Although I might need to fly - Jen's got a stick she wants to poke in my eye (WHAT did I ever do to her)... sheeesh :)

Lis

That just goes to prove my point, in dealing with the subject matter of astrology, by it's very nature, you're continually having to check it against that which is credible, and it takes a certain amount of trust, before you even begin, just to do that. Again, devil's advocate. I am open minded to things like astrology, but to partake in it, takes faith.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I am hardly getting all that you said, but I think you just mocked me.

Sprung! But I wasn't being nasty - promise

"to rule out the younger people, is like cutting your eyes out concerning the idea.

Yea but when the young people are having temper tantrums without knowing anything at all about what they are talking about is really amusing don'tchathink?

Why it would be like them talking and being hugely opinionated about the loch ness monster or the finate detail of a subject they have very little knowledge off. Wisdom is knowing when you know jack shit about something and act acordingly.

Do me a favour and get the NT back into you. Your SJ status crap is scaring the hell outa me :D

There is nothing S type about me and my P-ness is HUE, I work for and SJ organisation, so my NP stands out BIG time.

for an ENTP you're a bit mainstream. :hi::shock:

Lis

Paisley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I quote Julia Roberts, "Every time someone says they don't believe in fairies, a fairy falls down dead".

I quote Dustin Hoffman, "And no amount of clapping will bring you back from where I will send you"!

LOL!

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Why it would be like them talking and being hugely opinionated about the loch ness monster or the finate detail of a subject they have very little knowledge off. Wisdom is knowing when you know jack shit about something and act acordingly.

Mainstream... well thanks

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
entropie - I'm just ribbing you - don't take offence

Paisley - I LOVEd that movie!!!!

Now now, all that anyone has proven here is that they have very limited exposure to a very big subject.

If anyone around 35 can PM me their TIME, place and date of birth, I will either post a few major life events OR times when life was a wee bit stressful.

Idealy someone who really really knows their time of birth.

Last time someone did it - I hit the date within a week of their most upsetting time in their lives (and gave a reasonable explanation of the likely cause).

Proof - pudding :)

but right now I need to do some skipping or I'll get lardy and it's afte 10.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
So I'm guessing you really don't quite know what it is you are talking about
Honestly I think you've got our roles reversed. Astrology is physically impossible.
And not just Horoscopes. All of them are.

Consider the implications of what astrology demands on the universe and get back to me.

you making sweeping gneralisations about probably the experience you've had a one of the weakest forms of astrology - Horoscopes
Putting aside the fact that having to rank astrology from best to worst is further proof of its falsehood, I've never seen a horoscope that told me about my personality. Usually they just tell me where some constellation is and what I need to watch out for.

But I confess, I haven't read many -- the first 30 or so turned out to be wholly untrue except the things that were applicable to everyone; assertions like "you will continue breathing" or "masturbation is fun, but could be dangerous" or my favorite "careful, mercury is in hector's grade" among other fortune cookie style proverbs, and after that I figured they were nonsense, and reading them was a mistake not to be made again.

This is retarded though.
I can see everyone lawling at the downs syndrome kid in the corner.
I need to leave.

"Challenge is abroad!"
-horoscope

Qre:us

Qre:us

Please don't make stuff up and quote me, I didn't type validity in the above posts and that is misreprsenting me.

"Originally Posted by tinkerbell
Astrology....validity
Lis"

True, you didn't. My bad. Although, I would say I was deducing more than misrepresenting.

In the other, "ENTP the hell outta ya" thread, one post made me infer:

Post #56
The reason MBTI has some validity is that the information on which its conclusions are based comes directly from the person him/herself, giving concrete information on his/her behavioral and information-processing preferences. MBTI doesn't create anything that isn't already there; again, it's just a handy system of efficient categorization. In short it allows for good educated guesses.

Astrology, on the other hand, makes a bunch of totally unsubstantiated random guesses based on nothing but one's birth date.

MBTI is basedon on Jung, Jung is based on astrology...go figure:newwink::hi:

Love the lack of knowledge around here....

~Lis

So, if the point you debate is that MBTI has validity, and to counter, you say, MBTI is based on Jung, which is based on astrology.....and anyone who would only question why astrology is not valid while not question MBTI has lack of knowledge?

*sorry, was that inferring too much?

*Aside - gotta say, I am loving you for your tenacity to stick with this topic, when the masses seem to be against you. That's badass legit! Much respect. :cool:

But I do apologize, and will go back and edit my quote accordingly. :doh:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Now now, all that anyone has proven here is that they have very limited exposure to a very big subject.
Yeah, you. Learn astronomy and tell me Astrology is true.

If you have any worthwhile principles you won't be able to do it.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I do not believe in astrology. Why? Because I see no evidence for it. If you can provide some hard evidence (such as experiments showing a high accuracy rate for horoscopes, and not something so generalized that it would apply to nearly anyone.), then I will definitely consider it.

I'm not interested in the mechanisms of it right now, just, does it work?