User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

So your only explination lies in a force unknown to science.

Since planets more or less are given equal pull in astrology we can deduce: The effect the planet has on us is not effected by a planet's mass. If it were then Jupiter would rule all and little Mercury would be left out. Also by astrologer's own claims distance isn't a factor as both Venus and Pluto have more or less the same measurable effect (in the sense that it effects us somehow).

So back to what I was talking about earlier, if distance and mass don't effect this force that rules our lives then what about the billions upon billions of asteriods in our solar system? What about the large transneptunian objects like Quoar, Sedna, Orcus, Eris, etc etc etc? And hey, distance isn't a factor, so what about the planets beyond our solar system? Scientists today accept exosolar planets are a pretty common thing, so fifty years ago why didn't some astrologer say "Hey, there are gaps in my data, there *must* be other planets out there."

By the rules of this 'unkown force' all the asteriods/planets/everything everywhere would simply be drowned out by the trillions of other celestial bodies.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    IsTP

And acupuncture is a load. Its easy to do disprove, I don't even have to do any research : There are thousands of hospitals instead of acupuncture clinics. You show me a man who's cancer is cured by acupuncture I'll show you a man who never had cancer in the first place.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Since planets more or less are given equal pull in astrology we can deduce: The effect the planet has on us is not effected by a planet's mass. If it were then Jupiter would rule all and little Mercury would be left out. Also by astrologer's own claims distance isn't a factor as both Venus and Pluto have more or less the same measurable effect (in the sense that it effects us somehow).
    You know you don't half talk rott....

All astrologers will tell you the planets have different impacts - actually the further out the more powerful.

The moon circulates the chart every c.28 days - it has pull on moods and emotions and fertility cycles - was actualyl a big player in crop management a long while ago.

Mercury - is important in day to day communications and travel but not life changing.

Mars - adds energy and focus for about 6 weeks to go through a house, except when it's rex, in which case it can last c.5 months. Typically it just ticks on a good or bad month, or a month when you are really busy at work or reall busy with love life, home etc etc

Jupiter lasts about a year in a house, has bigger impact but generally brings nice things or things that work out well. In your first house - it can have you out and about, indicate a make over but also a tendancy to put weight on.

Saturn - nasty little blighter most would say, personally I like him. He dictates you must work on an area in your life for about 2.5 years before he moves into the next house...

NOW IT GETS INTERESTING!

Uranus can take several years to get through your chart, brings restlesness a need for freedom, inventiveness, unexpected events, sudden happenings - I've got it in my 6th house (jobs you do to pay the rent, service and health) right now and spent the first 3 years of it temping and various health issuse, it toned down when I started work in a service organisation. Transits take c.7 years in a house

Neptune - can last a lot longer in a house, it tends to be idealisim, illusions and deception, confusion, apathy, dreaming of alternatives. A whole bunch of other things. Can take many years to get through a house

Pluto - the biggie, has a huge impact, when I said I would spot transits for people over 35 - it's Pluto I wanted to look at. People KNOW when they have had pluto transits, it causes undisputible life events... Often brining death, divorce, sudden and drastic change, increadible stress and a hoist of other interesting stuff - not always bad but most people think it is.... it only breaks what itsn't working for you.

SO contrary to your spouttings the planets have a huge difference in terms of power and impact. You know all about a Pluto transit, and you are so use to moon ones that you would do well to spot them without looking for them.

L

MBTI
    ENTP

And acupuncture is a load. Its easy to do disprove, I don't even have to do any research : There are thousands of hospitals instead of acupuncture clinics. You show me a man who's cancer is cured by acupuncture I'll show you a man who never had cancer in the first place.
    Surprisingly enough the people who have run blind experiments, have PROVEN - Scientifically it works...

So spout rott to your hearts content... simply not interested in childish - doesn't exist because I say so... crap argument and rather dull and to be honest worthy of someone who is under 20

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Surprisingly enough the people who have run blind experiments, have PROVEN - Scientifically it works...
    Source?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, this isn't true. There have been *some* experiments that have shown acupuncture to be slightly beneficial, for certain conditions, but these studies have not been repeated reliably, and they haven't been able to rule out the placebo effect, either.

The most recent study on fertility and acupuncture actually found that *fewer* women who had had acupuncture became pregnant compared to those who had none.

I have never had acupuncture, but I know quite a few people who rave about it. I dunno, even if it *is* the placebo effect - if you feel like it works, who cares?
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    IsTP

Well you seem to tactfully avoid my main points and then talk about things irrelevant to what I'm asking, or go off on tangets over trivial details. I don't want to argue about acupuncture, I'm not asking what aspect of my life a planet specifically 'rules' over.

I'm asking why does astrology only take into account celestail bodies known only during it's conception. Why was there never a huge gap in astrologer's data regarding undiscovered dwarf planets? By your own words the further out objects are the more powerful they are, then what of Eris? It is larger than pluto (not that planetary mass has anything to do with astrology) and much further out. Farther out still is Sedna, and it roughly the closest it will ever come to the sun in its wild orbit.

Its really quite interesting, currently we are only able to detect some of these dwarf planets becuase they are in close proximity to the sun in their odd, ellipitical orbits. It only makes you question how many others there are our there that we can't detect. Really I think advances in science aren't making astrology any more plausible, but rather it highlights the glaring flaws in the system.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Source?
    Google it something around Accupuncture test - theres been loads on standard accupuncture and electric accupuncture, the've even done experiments on animals...

Loads of them- they can find it works but have no idea how

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm asking why does astrology only take into account celestail bodies known only during it's conception. Why was there never a huge gap in astrologer's data regarding undiscovered dwarf planets? By your own words the further out objects are the more powerful they are, then what of Eris? It is larger than pluto (not that planetary mass has anything to do with astrology) and much further out. Farther out still is Sedna, and it roughly the closest it will ever come to the sun in its wild orbit.

As for Orbits etc - Neputues pretty wobbly in terms of orbit, Plutos a bit in the same boat... Both hae quite major impact.

Ok to explain, traditional astrologers (the ones who use astrology without any add on planets) only use Sun, Moon, Mercury, venus, mars, Jupiter, Saturn. and moon nodes

More modern ones also put in Uranus, Neptune and Pluto.

The taditionalists say the more modern planets don't rules signs, the research think they have influence but may go either way on the sign thing. Personally I've seen these outter planets work and powerfully, so I don't ignore them. Do they rule a sign - I've no fixed opinion.

What about astroids etc - well some are taken into acount but the main palyers are listed above. Many use Chiron - which has it place, some use Vist, Eros, psyce etc... It's like information overload, these additional are not powerful enough IMO.

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Google it something around Accupuncture test - theres been loads on standard accupuncture and electric accupuncture, the've even done experiments on animals...

Loads of them- they can find it works but have no idea how

Lis
    Would you mind linking to one that you find reliable?