User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

No, I think you're right on topic. MBTI is a starting point or reference point to organize, and by nature is left open due to the varying externalities of human behaviour. Especially in a case like myself that scores 50/50 on my E and I. It's simply a reference point for me, to understand the varying ways I would go about doing or thinking about something. You could make the case that MBTI needs to be supplemented with the Enneagram and Socionics, to fill in some of those externalities in behaviour.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    ...................Astrology, Chiromancy and Divining are as authoritative in their respective subjects as the faith one puts into them. They are faith based, not science based, and can be disproved and considered fallacious. I guess the next question is, to what extent is MBTI taken on faith, and to what extent is it justifiably unreasonable?

HARSH - astrology is the interpretation of number listed in an ephemeris, it take a while to learn but it is not based on GIFTed skills, simply text book learning of interpretation....

NO faith require at all to do it.

Lis

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I can prove Astrology incorrect in whatever amount of time it takes me to write the rest of this post.

Astrology is for predicting personality.
    I don't have one -- I just make up a bunch of characters and play them all.
    Nocapszy is one of them. Whatever I am is probably pretty close, but it's not identical.
    That is to say, I encompass many personalities.
    But I was only born once, so I ought to have only one.
    By virtue of the fact that Astrology is the kind of 'science' that only requires a single contradicting specimen to disprove any potential validity it managed to muster, it's bullshit.

Close the thread.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I can prove Astrology incorrect in whatever amount of time it takes me to write the rest of this post.

I don't have one -- I just make up a bunch of characters and play them all.
    Nocapszy is one of them. Whatever I am is probably pretty close, but it's not identical.
    That is to say, I encompass many personalities.
    But I was only born once, so I ought to have only one.
    By virtue of the fact that Astrology is the kind of 'science' that only requires a single contradicting specimen to disprove any potential validity it managed to muster, it's bullshit.

Close the thread.
    Ouh he is such a drama queen, reminds me of myself when I was younger
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Sometimes I think I am the last one, who actually does not need to defend his viewport all the time
    Ah bless ya,

You do realise that coming onto a site where there are a load of sudo-scientists (some of whom, pride themselve in perceptions of free thinking) and put an out there beleif that is both well considered and very, very educated - it cracks me up how much of a rise you can get out of people. So many 20-something men seem to just be in capable of beliving in much. Life knocks the stuffing out of that in good time, so I ought not to tease....

Enjoy the banter, and don't get too strung up. I'm entitled to think what I think, because I've been practicing and learning for nearly 9 years - AWCH! It really can be wonderfully accurate at giving windows of opportunity for different things.

For people with more age - mid life stuff, it's good to give a begining a middle and an end to problems. The old adage "this too shall pass" is remarkably theraputic for people in crisis.

As for telling if your latest squeeze is the love of your life style questions - they tick me off no end, learn about the person from experience not using mental tools....

L

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Ouh he is such a drama queen, reminds me of myself when I was younger
    Must of been born in the same year/month/day/somethingoranother.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Loads of questions, why it works is not proven, at a very educated guess ................something along the lines of the miridians used in accupuncture.

As beings we are made up mainly of water - which is why the moon impacts us - we are tidal beings even if trapped in unatrual light. Do you know womens can be rendered infertile and cured by Moonlight, stop drawing cutrains while you sleep can regulate your menstral cycle.

Mars - blood contains iron, Mars is related to Iron... I was anemic a few years ago (when my mars was being affected).

Venus - I think relates to copper (but I could be wrong).

Most planets relate to different minerals within the body - which may be the root of how these planets influence.

In terms of free will - I totally agree. Astrology may predicat a window of opportunity, but if you don't leave the house that opportunity is never relaised (unless it is abotu accidents or the sky falling in).

Major cycles are dead ringers with peoples actual chart, day to day moods are just nonsence really.

Can we sperate horoscopes from astrology please, the latter is much more detailed.

Lis
    Again, taking that at face value, I'd ask you for your evidence, your proof that it works that way. It seems like Science Fiction not Science. You take Asprin for a heart condition because it's proved to be a blood thinner, and therefore provable. Astrology is highly unprobative, and for the most part unprovable unless, like I said, you have to believe in it, so you go around looking for evidence of astrology actually working, while dismissing those evidences that don't. Then again, I love sci-fi so I'm not oppossed to the idea, I'm mostly playing devil's advocate for the conversation.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post

Close the thread.
    So which astrology are you talking about????

Native astrology (exploring the reserve of a person)
    Psycological Astrology (exploring the psycology of a person)
    Decumrature (medical astrology)
    Elective astrology (settign dates for events)
    Horary (a bit wooly method of answering question)
    Mundane (political astrology)
    Financial (yes people really can play the market, gambol etc - some of them make an absolute killing in the city)
    Predictive (using a varity of techneques)
    Horoscopic (what you read in the papers and other Scopes)

So I'm guessing you really don't quite know what it is you are talking about - depending on you making sweeping gneralisations about probably the experience you've had a one of the weakest forms of astrology - Horoscopes

Lis

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Ah bless ya,

You do realise that coming onto a site where there are a load of sudo-scientists (some of whom, pride themselve in perceptions of free thinking) and put an out there beleif that is both well considered and very, very educated - it cracks me up how much of a rise you can get out of people. So many 20-something men seem to just be in capable of beliving in much. Life knocks the stuffing out of that in good time, so I ought not to tease....

Enjoy the banter, and don't get too strung up. I'm entitled to think what I think, because I've been practicing and learning for nearly 9 years - AWCH! It really can be wonderfully accurate at giving windows of opportunity for different things.

For people with more age - mid life stuff, it's good to give a begining a middle and an end to problems. The old adage "this too shall pass" is remarkably theraputic for people in crisis.

As for telling if your latest squeeze is the love of your life style questions - they tick me off no end, learn about the person from experience not using mental tools....

L
    I am hardly getting all that you said, but I think you just mocked me.

I dont make a difference in class, I am seeking for new perspectives in life about life and to rule out the younger people, is like cutting your eyes out concerning the idea.

If I can share an experience on something I know, with someone who doesnt know, I try but most of the times it does not work, because I havent settled on a truth yet and I think I never will.

Do me a favour and get the NT back into you. Your SJ status crap is scaring the hell outa me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Again, taking that at face value, I'd ask you for your evidence, your proof that it works that way. It seems like Science Fiction not Science. You take Asprin for a heart condition because it's proved to be a blood thinner, and therefore provable. Astrology is highly unprobative, and for the most part unprovable unless, like I said, you have to believe in it, so you go around looking for evidence of astrology actually working, while dismissing those evidences that don't.
    Ah now, there are LOTs of things that can't be proven.

Science - which you seem to be hanging you hat on, can PROVE accupuncture works, but it can't prove WHY it works.

Tides are proven to be influenced by the moon

100 years ago - science couldn't PROVE hormones exsists

So I'm guesing you want to limit your thinking BIG time....

Next thing you'll be telling me you don't beleive in Fairies :P

Although I might need to fly - Jen's got a stick she wants to poke in my eye (WHAT did I ever do to her)... sheeesh

Lis