User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    MBTI is unproven, not validated scientifically, so you are on pretty thin Ice. I ran a nationally representive sample and had the largest number of unclassifiable people I've come across.
    Define "validated scientifically" and I can answer your questions.

Astrology is not about date of birth, it factors in Date, time and place. Which make even identical twins uneque from each other (they can't be born at exactly the same moment). Those data are fed through astronmic data to give exact locations of 10 planets (Sun, Moon, Merucury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, Node and Asc, MC/IC), thats a lot of data from just time place and date. So two people born on the 1st of January, 1980 20 minutes apart can have different life events. They will be very similar, have similar life events but can be experienced very differently.
    Astrology is a red herring and/or strawman. It plays no part of MBTI. It would be like saying that modern navigation is wrong because we though the world was flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Naw. People are special.
    (because we invented astrology. )

Hmm. I wonder if monkeys have their own chinese new year chart with human beings as one of the 12 species.
    We're right next to the twin amoebas.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Naw. People are special.
    (because we invented astrology. )

Hmm. I wonder if monkeys have their own chinese new year chart with human beings as one of the 12 species.
    First things First. I love your play on the movie "12 Monkeys". Had me laughing for a while. Time repeating itself, determinism, astrology. I connected the dots, I hear ya. LOL!

I put as much stock in the validity and verifiablity of Astrology as I do Chiromancy and Divining....so that is to say, not a lot. Astrology, Chiromancy and Divining are as authoritative in their respective subjects as the faith one puts into them. They are faith based, not science based, and can be disproved and considered fallacious. I guess the next question is, to what extent is MBTI taken on faith, and to what extent is it justifiably unreasonable?
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Astrology was very popular in the medievil for people to seek a purpose to their life. Maybe one day, you shall think about that..

Oh YAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!

L

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

MBTI does not look at behavioural patterns and tries to predict an outcome. It gives human actions a name.
    It does more than give a human action a name. If it did only that then MBTI would a psychological dictionary of functions. MBTI from what I've seen in practise is used as a tool for predicting a person's personality. Like what kind jobs or hobbies certain types will prefer/do well at over others types. Or it's used as a tool to better understand and communicate with other types (and in some cases yourself). I say predict, as no two people are exactly the same even if they are the same type. But, wait, I'm getting off topic... Sorry.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    First things First. I love your play on the movie "12 Monkeys". Had me laughing for a while. Time repeating itself, determinism, astrology. I connected the dots, I hear ya. LOL!
    Wow, I can't believe some of you are actually following my wacky Ne all over the place... I sometimes string together lots of marginally connected things like that, just to be quirky.

I guess the next question is, to what extent is MBTI taken on faith, and to what extent is it justifiably unreasonable?
    I think most of the flaw will come in the assumption that people actually have six distinct functions and then a distinct J/P preference. Breaking people into binary poles is a convenience but probably not entirely realistic. And thus some of the cognitive function theory (especially when assigning roles to each function) is too much as well.

But I think studying preference and then seeing how it influences behavior in broad ways makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Oh YAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn!
    L

*pokes the fairy with a pointy stick*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Correlation does not equate to causation. I think more people are interested, not in how the nooks and crannies of astrology works, but, WHY it's supposed to work. What is the justification for *why* planetary alignments would affect the course of a person's life? For every good theory, there is a justification for WHY one connects to the other.
    Loads of questions, why it works is not proven, at a very educated guess ................something along the lines of the miridians used in accupuncture.

As beings we are made up mainly of water - which is why the moon impacts us - we are tidal beings even if trapped in unatrual light. Do you know womens can be rendered infertile and cured by Moonlight, stop drawing cutrains while you sleep can regulate your menstral cycle.

Mars - blood contains iron, Mars is related to Iron... I was anemic a few years ago (when my mars was being affected).

Venus - I think relates to copper (but I could be wrong).

Most planets relate to different minerals within the body - which may be the root of how these planets influence.

In terms of free will - I totally agree. Astrology may predicat a window of opportunity, but if you don't leave the house that opportunity is never relaised (unless it is abotu accidents or the sky falling in).

Major cycles are dead ringers with peoples actual chart, day to day moods are just nonsence really.

Can we sperate horoscopes from astrology please, the latter is much more detailed.

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP

Now you're talking

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP

Qre:us

Please don't make stuff up and quote me, I didn't type validity in the above posts and that is misreprsenting me.

"Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    Astrology....validity
    Lis"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Sometimes I think I am the last one, who actually does not need to defend his viewport all the time
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]