User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

you want the evidence on accupuncture - go hunting, no amount of goading is gonna get me to do it...

Anyways - gotta go count zzzzzzzzz

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    you want the evidence on accupuncture - go hunting, no amount of goading is gonna get me to do it...

Anyways - gotta go count zzzzzzzzz

Lis
    Was not intended to be goading.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I am God. Really.
    Shut up, Costrin. *I* am the real God. I'm surprised you can't see it for yourself.

Tinkerbell, you mentioned that you did all your research years ago - there has been a LOT of research carried out on acupuncture recently, lots of new info out there, you should check it out, just for curiosity's sake. As I mentioned, there is *some* evidence for acupuncture, but so far it hasn't been reliably repeated, and no one has been able to rule out the placebo effect. Studies in animals are probably not affected by that, though. My dog has no opinion on acupuncture.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Shut up, Costrin. *I* am the real God. I'm surprised you can't see it for yourself.

Tinkerbell, you mentioned that you did all your research years ago - there has been a LOT of research carried out on acupuncture recently, lots of new info out there, you should check it out, just for curiosity's sake. As I mentioned, there is *some* evidence for acupuncture, but so far it hasn't been reliably repeated, and no one has been able to rule out the placebo effect. Studies in animals are probably not affected by that, though. My dog has no opinion on acupuncture.
    Scientifically acupuncture seems right in there with homeopathy. Neither of them will work on anything other than a human that's told it'll work

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

You know what this means. War.

MBTI
    ENTJ

*readies catapult and rows of cupcakes*

You're going to LOSE, my friend. Bags Mycroft for my team, too. His mercilessness will hopefully translate to the battlefield.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Your cannons can't stop what they can't hit.

And Mycroft is smart enough to stay neutral.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Now now, don't put me in that boat, I'm simply not going waiste my time on feeding someone else... they are capable of doing it all by themselves....
    Apparently you're not going to waste time learning to spell or compile cogent arguments either?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

You know you don't half talk rott....

All astrologers will tell you the planets have different impacts - actually the further out the more powerful.

The moon circulates the chart every c.28 days - it has pull on moods and emotions and fertility cycles - was actualyl a big player in crop management a long while ago.

Mercury - is important in day to day communications and travel but not life changing.

Mars - adds energy and focus for about 6 weeks to go through a house, except when it's rex, in which case it can last c.5 months. Typically it just ticks on a good or bad month, or a month when you are really busy at work or reall busy with love life, home etc etc

Jupiter lasts about a year in a house, has bigger impact but generally brings nice things or things that work out well. In your first house - it can have you out and about, indicate a make over but also a tendancy to put weight on.

Saturn - nasty little blighter most would say, personally I like him. He dictates you must work on an area in your life for about 2.5 years before he moves into the next house...

NOW IT GETS INTERESTING!

Uranus can take several years to get through your chart, brings restlesness a need for freedom, inventiveness, unexpected events, sudden happenings - I've got it in my 6th house (jobs you do to pay the rent, service and health) right now and spent the first 3 years of it temping and various health issuse, it toned down when I started work in a service organisation. Transits take c.7 years in a house

Neptune - can last a lot longer in a house, it tends to be idealisim, illusions and deception, confusion, apathy, dreaming of alternatives. A whole bunch of other things. Can take many years to get through a house

Pluto - the biggie, has a huge impact, when I said I would spot transits for people over 35 - it's Pluto I wanted to look at. People KNOW when they have had pluto transits, it causes undisputible life events... Often brining death, divorce, sudden and drastic change, increadible stress and a hoist of other interesting stuff - not always bad but most people think it is.... it only breaks what itsn't working for you.

SO contrary to your spouttings the planets have a huge difference in terms of power and impact. You know all about a Pluto transit, and you are so use to moon ones that you would do well to spot them without looking for them.

L
    Really? Planets get MORE powerful in terms of their effects on Earthly events based on greater distance?

So given that the universe is so immeasurably vast, why aren't the comparatively miniscule effects of the planets in our solar system absolutely dwarfed by those of planets really far away?

For that matter, do moons have any effect on the lives of Earthlings? Pluto was classified as a planet at the time this astrology shit was written, so it has an effect, but no other moons in our solar system or any others do? Shouldn't really far away moons from outside our galaxy have proportionally greater effects? Or do moons exhibit the opposite hierarchy in terms of proximity to Earth vs. effect on Earthly events?

Do the planets have effects on events on other planets or other moons, or is it all confined to Earth?

Oh let me guess--you're not going to "do my homework." Right, sorry for doubting you!

And despite what everyone else here has said, I'm actually God. Don't believe them.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes I did my search about 4 years ago, I've also seen Tv research on it (blind control groups etc). I've also read articles on electric accupuncture. I doubt there is evidence it works on everything.

My personal experience was biochemical. M LFH and SFH were inverted, and accupucnture helped un-invert them. But thats way more geeky and a sample size of 1.

I think a far few of the test I've seen were pain releif of muscular problems. My boss is a real skeptic of things and he even says he has seen evidence - so probably the New Scientist.

There was also some tests on animals but I think it was measured through blood pressure.

Don't get me wrong I think faith healers (who had not better impact and the actor) and homeopathy are total nonsence, although the latter makes intuative sense, I've not really given it a go. The whole a little bit of what is making you wrong can cure you is not too far away from wester medicine and vaccines (although vaccines are ver controversial - and were often known to kill people in their early days).

Lis