MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Source?
    Your probably an adult, who is big enough to google stuff all by themselves

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Yeah, this isn't true. There have been *some* experiments that have shown acupuncture to be slightly beneficial, for certain conditions, but these studies have not been repeated reliably, and they haven't been able to rule out the placebo effect, either.

The most recent study on fertility and acupuncture actually found that *fewer* women who had had acupuncture became pregnant compared to those who had none.

I have never had acupuncture, but I know quite a few people who rave about it. I dunno, even if it *is* the placebo effect - if you feel like it works, who cares?
    Well to be honest, my boss is a rationalist and even he has sighted evidence, you are big grown up people who are capable of doing research on line like everyone else.

I've seen a variety of studies myself both on humans and animals...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Your probably an adult, who is big enough to google stuff all by themselves
    And your probably an adult, who realizes that telling people to "google it yourself", is not the way a debate is to be conducted. One should be able to provide sources to defend your position yourself. It is not the skeptics job to search for evidence that supports the other person's position.

Plus, I was giving you the opportunity to be able to provide a particularly reliable and convincing article. By me googling it myself, there is an inherent risk that I will not find articles that accurately represent your position.

You may think that I am being immature by not doing a 5 minute google search. Well, I think you're being immature by not doing the same and requiring other people to do your work.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    And your probably an adult, who realizes that telling people to "google it yourself", is not the way a debate is to be conducted. One should be able to provide sources to defend your position yourself. It is not the skeptics job to search for evidence that supports the other person's position.

Plus, I was giving you the opportunity to be able to provide a particularly reliable and convincing article. By me googling it myself, there is an inherent risk that I will not find articles that accurately represent your position.

You may think that I am being immature by not doing a 5 minute google search. Well, I think you're being immature by not doing the same and requiring other people to do your work.
    Who the hell do you thinks gonna do your home work...not me I already did mine

I do think the level of argument here (not nessesarily forwarded by yourself) hav verged on hissy fit a small child might do - not true cos I say so (and thats a really powerful argument) Often the posts have come from people who know nothing about the study of real astrology and usually from people who beleive that astrology = horoscopes which it most certainly not (hosocopes are based on astrology not the other way around). Horoscpes are like reading an online health page and diagnosing something.

I'm not about to start wading around doing research for someone else... Your the one saying it - back up if you feel the need but personally speaking I don't give a fig, I've done my home work many years ago and found what I found....

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Who the hell do you thinks gonna do your home work...not me I already did mine

I do think the level of argument here (not nessesarily forwarded by yourself) hav verged on hissy fit a small child might do - not true cos I say so (and thats a really powerful argument) Often the posts have come from people who know nothing about the study of real astrology and usually from people who beleive that astrology = horoscopes which it most certainly not (hosocopes are based on astrology not the other way around). Horoscpes are like reading an online health page and diagnosing something.

I'm not about to start wading around doing research for someone else... Your the one saying it - back up if you feel the need but personally speaking I don't give a fig, I've done my home work many years ago and found what I found....

Lis
    I am God. Really. The proof is out there, you just gotta look for it. If you can't find it, it's because you haven't looked hard enough. Do you see how fallacious that is?

If you make a claim (especially one as controversial as this), be prepared to back it up. That is your job. Your homework. My homework would be to be prepared to back up my own claims (I haven't made any in this thread), and to unbiasedly assess the evidence that you provide.

If you fail to do your homework, don't be surprised when you fail the class (equivalent in this case to people not believing you). If your fine with failing the class, then so be it, but don't knock those who do wish to pass.

MBTI
    ENTP

Sorry I'm a researcher - albeit Market Research - my consukltancy fee are 1000 a day - otherwise do you own homework, it's not really worthy of my time

Lis

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Sorry I'm a researcher - albeit Market Research - my consukltancy fee are 1000 a day - otherwise do you own homework, it's not really worthy of my time

Lis
    Well you're obviously right then.

I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

MBTI
    ENTP

Now now, don't put me in that boat, I'm simply not going waiste my time on feeding someone else... they are capable of doing it all by themselves....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Now now, don't put me in that boat, I'm simply not going waiste my time on feeding someone else... they are capable of doing it all by themselves....
    My philosophy is that when you entertain a theory, you try as hard as you can to prove it wrong. If you can't, you can keep your theory.

If you just look for positive evidence, all theories are correct.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

To extend that metaphor, you aren't willing to cook your specific variety of food for me, and you're fine with me not eating it as a result.

Well, I'm not willing to cook your recipe myself (and in fact, believe I would likely mess it up), and I'm fine with not eating it as a result. There's plenty of other food out there.

So, we both have an understanding then.