• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Fellow INTJs (and others as well), I need your input on "case studies"

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
(I love listening to INTJs 'discuss' :wubbie: )
So, you like to listen to us, huh? =P *cough* ;)

I knew I wasn't a loony!!!!! ;)
Ah, you didn't actually expect you were alone with that, did you? =P

I people watch more to kill time at the check-out stand.
I don't know about the others here but for me it's just that I love knowledge and I love to know as much as possible; and studying others is definitely a way to learn more.

I like finding out what makes people tick, but I usually just ask a lot of questions, instead of following them around covertly.
Yes, that works too. Though, people could start to be bothered after a while and get grumpy. So goodbye studies then.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yes, repeated the "you cant box me in" argument against MBTI to an INTJ once. He didnt realize I was repeating it and went on to explain in a very detailed manner about how it works. I already knew it but I just loved listening to the explanation.

Alright I'm done. heh.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've always tried to deduce people's motives. And the holodeck thing is an interesting metaphor ;)
I was never able to explain what I did until now. I was forced to come up with the most accurate allegory. Holodeck was the best I could come up with without prattling on for four paragraphs.
(I love listening to INTJs 'discuss' :wubbie: )
Doesn't all this talk about holo-decks and social experimentation turn you on?
So, you like to listen to us, huh? =P *cough* ;)
Lol.
Ah, you didn't actually expect you were alone with that, did you? =P
Well I didn't know that this was all that prevalent. What I found out in the end was that a lot of people are just as sick as .... um, curious as I am.
I don't know about the others here but for me it's just that I love knowledge and I love to know as much as possible; and studying others is definitely a way to learn more.
Cheers to that.
Yes, that works too. Though, people could start to be bothered after a while and get grumpy. So goodbye studies then.
Yea, and that's the problem. You have to maintain cover for as long as possible so you can reap the benefits accordingly.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
What do you mean by benefits?

The ability to manipulate them however you want of course....

Uh... I mean.... the intellectual stimulation you get from being able to observe and understand a person in their natural state.

I was never able to explain what I did until now. I was forced to come up with the most accurate allegory. Holodeck was the best I could come up with without prattling on for four paragraphs.

You're not alone. I've independently come up with and used the holodeck metaphor myself.

WithoutaFace

MBTI Type
INTJ
What do you mean by benefits?
The benefits of observation, understanding how one more type of person works. Everything falters, once someone is onto you. It can also strain or ruin a potential friendship. In essence, not everyone wants to feel like some sort of experiment, as GL said in a recent post. That's why forums like this are excellent: There is a lot of honest input from everyone, a lot of people want results. It thereby reduces the need to do things like this as much.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
The benefits of observation, understanding how one more type of person works. Everything falters, once someone is onto you. It can also strain or ruin a potential friendship. In essence, not everyone wants to feel like some sort of experiment, as GL said in a recent post. That's why forums like this are excellent: There is a lot of honest input from everyone, a lot of people want results. It thereby reduces the need to do things like this as much.

I appreciate your honest integrity. Understanding other people can really help in life and making good friendships with others. This forum, has a lot of interesting and thought provoking discussions. :)

mibnelius

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Everything exists to be understood... therefore, your "case study" is simply a natural extension of the human desire for knowledge and understanding.

Personally, I already know I'm a nutcase, so a case study is irrelevant.