User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Life is a continuous case study. However, having fun is part of it as well for personal reflection and understandment of other types. Did you enjoy yourself?
    Yes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I constantly do this "case study" thing. Sorta. It's more of just observation. Case study seems to imply a more structured thing, following the scientific method, and all that. That's not what I do, I just make observations, see how they fit in with my model, and occasionally make a prediction that I test.

MBTI
    INTJ

This one time however, I did not really have fun with a case study. It was an ENFJ, and I could have sworn she turned it backwards. Her personality did a full 360, and she started playing games with me. Oh god, never again. Don't every try to mess with an ENFJ's head, insanity.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    This one time however, I did not really have fun with a case study. It was an ENFJ, and I could have sworn she turned it backwards. Her personality did a full 360, and she started playing games with me. Oh god, never again.
    Rarely have this happen to me (although I occasionally do it to others), but when it does I tend to feel excited, rather than scared. I would probably try and turn it into some sort of competition, and just the fact that they realize what I was doing instantly garners respect. The people who do this are the more interesting ones, and therefore more worth the effort.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Rarely have this happen to me (although I occasionally do it to others), but when it does I tend to feel excited, rather than scared. I would probably try and turn it into some sort of competition, and just the fact that they realize what I was doing instantly garners respect. The people who do this are the more interesting ones, and therefore more worth the effort.
    I guess, but that ruins the whole "controlled experiment" aspect of it. Now I have to deal with confounds and lack of applicability, and it degenerates into a confrontation of egos. Shit, if I wanted that I'd go to the club.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    I guess, but that ruins the whole "controlled experiment" aspect of it. Now I have to deal with confounds and lack of applicability, and it degenerates into a confrontation of egos. Shit, if I wanted that I'd go to the club.
    Well, like I said above, I don't do controlled experiments, instead I do open ended observation and spontaneous testing. I observe behaviours A, B, and C, and I come to conclusion, then I observe behaviours E, F, and G, refine that conclusion. Then perhaps I spontaneously get an idea "I wonder how she'll react if I do this? She will probably do X, but possibly Y and Z." If instead she does T, then that changes things unexpectedly for the better. "Why did she do that? Likely because of reason J, possibly reason K, and a small possiblity of L and M." The more unknowns, the more fun there is in discovering them. When things are mostly predictable, then it is boring.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

INTJs are absolutely brilliant at creating convincing sounding analyses which have only rough accuracy. The INTJ is definitely happy with this, being more concerned with official, recognized success than, say, the depressing obsession with truth of the INTP.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    INTJs are absolutely brilliant at creating convincing sounding analyses which have only rough accuracy. The INTJ is definitely happy with this, being more concerned with official, recognized success than, say, the depressing obsession with truth of the INTP.
    Well, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the truth. Truth is beautiful, I'd take that any day over some matrix like delusion. It's just that, I prefer to have some results with it. I know it might be a little close minded to only be looking for the results that I planned out, but sometimes you just want what you want. The truth though, is never depressing. As a matter of fact I admire those who seek and experiment for the truth. Sometimes, I wish I was a little more spontaneous and experiential. But hey, life is a journey and we all mature in time.

Besides to some, the "depressing obsession with truth" is actually their own version of officially recognized success.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

You don't have to make excuses for who you are, WAF. I certainly don't. Besides, you can't escape your nature anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    You don't have to make excuses for who you are, WAF. I certainly don't. Besides, you can't escape your nature anyway.
    What does WAF mean?