User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

yeah noz you're right, is was a total spur-of-the-moment thing to make it an NT thread, it mainly had to do with the idea that like, RTS games specifically appeal to the inner desire for "total control" that uh...certain...NTs...have...

I've noticed also that like, the first time I opened up Hammer (the level-creating tool for Half Life) I felt that exact same control-rush. If anything, for me, it's even greater with creative outlets, because it feels like I'm controlling EVEN MORE.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I like warcraft3, age of empires 2 and diablo 2 for rts. I prefer turn-based games though, like heroes 3 and masters of orion. I play d2 with friends often, rarely solo.
    -end of thread-

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Strategy games will always have a special place in my heart, but I've found better ways to spend hours and hours of my time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post

As far as strategy games that have consumed my life, I've probably played around 30-40,000 total hours on Civilization (2 3 and 4) and Starcraft alone.
    There was a time when I played Alpha Centauri (1999) for like 15 hours a day sometimes . I liked that game more than Civilization because, on the highest difficulty at least, you could get like a real, longlasting war going with the AI, where the battle would go back and forth and it felt much more epic than civ, unlike civ it was also actually playable at the highest difficulty setting. In civ it seems to me that war is usually decided much more quickly , once you destroy the opponents' main stack it's basically over. Though I think in Alpha Centauri you had to move all your units individually, which I couldn't put up with anymore today. I also couldn't get the game to run on multiple-cpu systems, it simply display "your CPU is not supported" and exits.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I like strategy games, I wish I were better at them...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Nuclear Launch detected !!
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hendo Barbarosa View Post
    yeah noz you're right, is was a total spur-of-the-moment thing to make it an NT thread, it mainly had to do with the idea that like, RTS games specifically appeal to the inner desire for "total control" that uh...certain...NTs...have...

I've noticed also that like, the first time I opened up Hammer (the level-creating tool for Half Life) I felt that exact same control-rush. If anything, for me, it's even greater with creative outlets, because it feels like I'm controlling EVEN MORE.
    I use to make maps for Halo Custom Edition.

I just found it really fun creating all these ideas I always had.

"Hmm, it would be cool if they made a map like this..."
    Changed to instead,
    "Hmm, I wonder how I could make that map idea work." *Draws it out during class*
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I love strategy games. I'm probably best of my friends at StarCraft (I play Zerg). I also enjoyed Dawn of War (Orks, then Tau when DC expansion came out), Warcraft 3 (Undead), many varieties of Command and Conquer, Advance Wars, Supreme Commander, Axis and Allies, Risk, etc, any strategy game really. Unfortunately, my StarCraft doesn't want to cooperate with me and won't let me play .

I also really enjoy Diplomacy. It's a game where 7 people take control of a European power in 1901. The goal is to take over Europe. There is absolutely no randomness to the combat, except that introduced by other players, as all the moves for each country are submitted and resolved simultaneously. The key of course, true to the name, is diplomacizing. You need to be very good at reading and manipulating the other 6 players in the game. It's also easily played on a forum if you have a GM, sounds perfect for a board of NTs... *hint, hint* *nudge, nudge* :P.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I love strategy games. I'm probably best of my friends at StarCraft (I play Zerg). I also enjoyed Dawn of War (Orks, then Tau when DC expansion came out), Warcraft 3 (Undead), many varieties of Command and Conquer, Advance Wars, Supreme Commander, Axis and Allies, Risk, etc, any strategy game really. Unfortunately, my StarCraft doesn't want to cooperate with me and won't let me play .

I also really enjoy Diplomacy. It's a game where 7 people take control of a European power in 1901. The goal is to take over Europe. There is absolutely no randomness to the combat, except that introduced by other players, as all the moves for each country are submitted and resolved simultaneously. The key of course, true to the name, is diplomacizing. You need to be very good at reading and manipulating the other 6 players in the game. It's also easily played on a forum if you have a GM, sounds perfect for a board of NTs... *hint, hint* *nudge, nudge* :P.
    Heh, I play Tau also.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Heh, I play Tau also.
    For the Greater Good/Overmind/Lich King!