• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Im going to ENTP the hell out of you.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
As see this is where you are wrong good sir. They HAVEN'T been able to successfully market to the college age group, I've taken a few advertising courses and the industry is just really damn confused on what 18-25 year college students WATCH, they really have no idea.

well other than shit on comedy central.

In general I mean. Of course, this would be a great point to stress to them.

MBTI Type
INTP
You could make the power point presentation display the similarities and repetition. For example, crying beside a hospital bed, walking across an old bridge over a cliff and one of the wooden planks break, stuff like that.

Perhaps people have seen the same things so many times before that they have become desensitised to things which would otherwise have shock value or be emotionally touching to people who were new to it.

It also seems that it's fashionable these days among some young people to like more esoteric things. People think it's cool to like whatever no-one's heard of. The mainstream is seen as a negative thing. TV is accessible to pretty much everyone in developed countries.

Also, there are so many pathetic advertisements.

Qre:us

Umm...my suggestion, work on your pitch! Silence the P, and actually do work, rather than having 10 windows on the comp open. That's 10 distractions. Get your butt off the forum, young man!!!! /preach

And, IMO, that's also where the answer lies. Some others were hinting at it too.

Too many options often translates to 'NO OPTION'.

How many times have I thought, there's NOTHING to watch on TV, while I go through my 100+channels.

The big point, as others have pointed out, competing media. The novel is way more 'cooler' than the old (TV is way more 'ol' skool' than other media sources that's more new). And, not only is TV competing with other entertainment mediums, but, TV is competing with ITSELF! Hence, it is a circular and futile endeavour. Especially for the 18-25 demographics. It's the instant-gratification generation. I want, I get, cuz there's thousands (and 1) options to choose from. And, with such easy access, even when I *get*, it is not as fulfilling. So, I go for the novel, the *new*, not the default, same-ol-same-ol entertainment of TV. Which when I turn on, I see is competing with itself.

Same principle, something that's too easy to get, wears off way faster. Something that makes you work for it, is way more pleasurable. Psychology. Mind rationalizes its effort by making the 'harder to get' = 'better'.
Final point, TV is comparatively more passive than other forms of media (e.g., computer, etc).

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
See here is where I disagree with you, they will be making more money if they actually make GOOD tv.

Have you compared production costs of casting shows with creatively designed sitcoms? Was it the cast of friedns or seinfeld that wanted 100k each per episode? I wonder if some casting shows even cost 100k per episode!

Why do you think game shows were so popular?

I agree that breaking something down to dust in the head can be fun, but nobody enjoys having dust blown in their face. Be more clever than stating the obvious.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
Have you compared production costs of casting shows with creatively designed sitcoms? Was it the cast of friedns or seinfeld that wanted 100k each per episode? I wonder if some casting shows even cost 100k per episode!

Why do you think game shows were so popular?

I agree that breaking something down to dust in the head can be fun, but nobody enjoys having dust blown in their face. Be more clever than stating the obvious.

Friends cast wanted 1 million PER show on the 8th season, each. However the advertising for this covered that costs. Considering it was one of the most popular sitcoms of the 90's and that each star KNEW that advertising costs for that would be comparable to the super bowl. The topic your going into has more to do with actor greed that badly designed TV.

Last edited:

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, I'm an INTJ, so I tend to think that the most original idea will tend to win over the execs. Speak well and being outgoing is important, but make sure that you give these people something that they might not have heard before. Or if they have heard it, shake it up a bit. Don't suck up, but don't just tell them a bunch of reasons for why television sucks nowadays. Do you have examples from their specific networks? Focus on concrete examples from their networks. Look at ideas and types of shows that have flopped, maybe even flopped consistently on their networks. Talk about what your friends watch, what you think everyone else is watching. Is it true that our generation doesn't watch tv, or is it true that their generation just doesn't know what our generation watches? And don't neglect the power of the internet. Throw that in as a final problem-solving idea. We're the internet generation.

pholiveira

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
That is a great idea Nickels. Use some of that good ole Ne cyclical thinking to mess their heads and make them reevaluate views - Babylon has good, cunning points there ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
to answer the main question...why don't this generation watch TV, it likes in the stars..

I do astrology and there is a very clear explnation.

Neptune started sextilng Pluto in early 1939 until late 1995.

People born after 1995 don't have the media culture aspect (Neptune * Pluto), this aspect does kick in in 2019 again (which I guess is the retro stage) and lasts until 2042.

I'd guess that between 1995 and 2019 we need to find very alternative forms of mass media....

Utube is interesting because it's do it yourself

Just my 2 pence worth

Cheers

Lis

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
Friends cast wanted 1 million PER show on the 8th season, each. However the advertising for this covered that costs. Considering it was one of the most popular sitcoms of the 90's and that each star KNEW that advertising costs for that would be comparable to the super bowl. The topic your going into has more to do with actor greed that badly designed TV.

1 million, damn! Well, it still proves my point, because advertisers do not care how much a show costs to produce, only how many watch it. Television was shit before reality shows or generously paid actors.

dga

MBTI Type
ENTP
what did astrology say about television before the discovery of electricity?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Uranus rules technology...

so would be strong when TV was inveneted.

I'm taling about Neptune Pluto- which would indicate mass cultures, what was it before TV, religion I guess.

Pluto represents power, transformation and death...
Neptune images, sea, gases, illusions, spirituality, drugs anything which hypnotises etc. Anything that disperses or defuses

These two when conjuncts (tight together) inveneted the gas chambers that were used in world war one.

In square they probably damage properly

The media culture has gone through many morphs, from radio, magazines, TV, cinema, photography, etc etc.... It's the collective consious rather than an inviention

Does that make sence, it's not about TV, just shared beliefs which are powerful. This includes music, drug culture etc....

Lis

MBTI Type
INTJ

The point dga was trying to make though, and a correct one, is: Why spend $2 million an episode on Friends when a $500,000 episode of Deal Or No Deal draws the same number of viewers? Advertisers pay for eyeballs. This is why making good television does not ensure the most success.

In fact, sometimes the networks even nurture quality shows that lose money, like Arrested Development. When you tell them "Make better TV", they're going to respond with, "We will when you idiots stop watching America's Next Top Model and start watching the quality shows we already struggle to keep on the air!"

Trust me, they love money. If making better shows made them more money, they'd do it.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
Uranus rules technology...

so would be strong when TV was inveneted.

I'm taling about Neptune Pluto- which would indicate mass cultures, what was it before TV, religion I guess.

Pluto represents power, transformation and death...
Neptune images, sea, gases, illusions, spirituality, drugs anything which hypnotises etc. Anything that disperses or defuses

These two when conjuncts (tight together) inveneted the gas chambers that were used in world war one.

In square they probably damage properly

The media culture has gone through many morphs, from radio, magazines, TV, cinema, photography, etc etc.... It's the collective consious rather than an inviention

Does that make sence, it's not about TV, just shared beliefs which are powerful. This includes music, drug culture etc....

Lis

Pluto isn't a planet so how can it have any adverse effect on anything we do in our daily lives? And the apparently random nouns you used to describe the effects of Neptune on our culture astonish and appall me. There is a reason that scientists don't believe in any of this. It's because its all ridiculous.

The media culture has gone threw many changes due to changes in technology not some random astrological bull shit.

None of your posts here have made any logical or or reasonable statement to the point where I almost believe that you might be trolling me.

"These two when conjuncts (tight together) inveneted the gas chambers that were used in world war one."

Are you absolutely serious?

how about this?:

"In square they probably damage properly "

What the fuck are you talking about?

Also I'm baffled that any thing about the planets some how made it in to serious discussion that has nothing to do astrology at all.

I still cant get over the offhand way in witch you give ruling power of technology to a planet, right at the beginning of the post, like it was some obvious statement that I should have known from the start. I really don't see the fascination with this and I cant see how it could have any real applications in every day life.

Off topic. I got the spot for the speaker. But thank god I didn't bring anything like this up, or I would have been laughed out of my department heads office.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
Tell them there's not enough sex and violence on TV.

Also tell them that no one wants to see another shitty reality show about a tattoo parlor or rich housewives or whatever the fuck they're making them about these days.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tell them there's not enough sex and violence on TV.

Also tell them that no one wants to see another shitty reality show about a tattoo parlor or rich housewives or whatever the fuck they're making them about these days.

I will, I'm going to yell at all of them.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Also I'm baffled that any thing about the planets some how made it in to serious discussion that has nothing to do astrology at all.

I still cant get over the offhand way in witch you give ruling power of technology to a planet, right at the beginning of the post, like it was some obvious statement that I should have known from the start. I really don't see the fascination with this and I cant see how it could have any real applications in every day life.

Thats Ok - you don't have to be open minded, many are not. I'm just giving you the alternative point of view on media culture. Clearly you are omnipresent and know everthing.

Alternatively maybe you should try and think broader about the issue than the limits of your experience to date... such a limiting exposure from the sound of it....

Enjoy attcking folks for replying

Lis :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Alternatively maybe you should try and think broader about the issue than the limits of your experience to date... such a limiting exposure from the sound of it....

A common mistake is the assumption that until someone adopts your worldview, they haven't thought broadly enough.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
After reading a little bit of this thread... I'm definitely rooting for the INTJ or INTP to get the spot.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
A common mistake is the assumption that until someone adopts your worldview, they haven't thought broadly enough.

no but people shouldn't be attacked due to your own lack of ability to think beyond the relms....

I just stated a point of view....

Although quite a skating article Indigo children are what many of this generation are labled. Some psycologists recognise - others do not....
Indigo Children

The WEIRD thing is that many ENTP's are possibly previous generation's indigo children, which is why they drift through topics and get bored easily, and behave like 6 year old at times, and don't like authority figures..... They also hate to be manipulated, are highly sensitive of other peoples agendas and tend to challenge them without much as a blink of an eye

If Indigo children are defined, they fall into the generation who were born on the cusp and with new technology.... I've been in futurology presentations, that this generation is one of HYPER tec status, can follow many multiple activities simultaneously. They need many more functions withing their tec that previous ones...

The whole attention deficit suggest in this instance, that these kids require far higher level os stimulation and rapid information than before - a real like P type - who scan massive quantities of information to see the tends and bigger picture.

I'm not saying to you beleive it, but worth considerering or you limit your own thinking to what you've personaly expeiriences... Even Enstien had issue with that ;)

L

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
After reading a little bit of this thread... I'm definitely rooting for the INTJ or INTP to get the spot.

I agree with you totally, E types do tend to put down I types instead of shutting up. ;)