• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTJs and treating people like pawns

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Not to be scary or anything... This is in my nature.
People always start out as pawns. When I start liking something about these individuals, and see them for who they are, I stop seeing them as chess pieces or tools. Most people on here are just pieces to me, but a few who have managed to reach my heart, like Kyuuei, CaptainChick, Bougal, Sanveane, LadyJaye, PinkPiranha, Entropie, Luminous, Beat and a few others; they have earned importance. I value them as individuals, whereas I do not have the emotional energy to place value upon the large gray masses.

I am, in a way, the opposite of this. I consciously force myself to give everyone I interact with the benefit of the doubt. This is an effort, as I know I'm prone to be overly judgemental at times, and often based on things that don't really make sense (an offhand comment from another person etc.). However, if once I've gotten to know someone a bit, I reckon they're idiots*, they are then unconsciously and completely 'written off' and are then definitely use-able as pawns.

Now, I know this is not morally correct. Or, it isn't in from my POV. Do I still do it sometimes? Yes. Urgh.

I identify with the 'two faces' comment, too. I am definitely one person with my inner circle and another person with everyone else. Not a fake person with everyone else, but certainly a much more polite and toned down version of who I am with close friends. People who know me well know that if I despise someone, I'm probably going to be rigidly polite in any interactions with them.

Is this really an NTJ thing only? Do other types never find themselves just disliking another person so much they genuinely dont care what that person thinks or feels? I mean, think of the stupidest, jerkiest jerk you know - do you REALLY care about how they feel?

*I completely concede that I could be wrong in any one of these judgements, but they still happen, for better or for worse

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
My dad, an INTJ, has worked in strategic planning in various companies for many years, and is very good at it. I never had any interest in such a job.

I do use people as pawns, on the occasions that I'm skilled enough at interpersonal interaction to do so and care enough about the result to overcome my laziness. Both of these things are relatively rare.

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram
My trait is the ability to manipulate the minds of the majority of people around me. Friends, strangers, it doesn't really matter. The voice of reason and rationale is tremendously stronger than illogical emotions. Also I rarely lose an argument, even if the other person has a better point than me. This is just natural.

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a question for the people who have said they treat people like pawns:

When you say you treat people like pawns, do you mean that you are able to strategize and plan well when people are involved, or do you mean that you think of people largely as means to your ends?

MBTI Type
InTJ
Enneagram

When you say you treat people like pawns, do you mean that you are able to strategize and plan well when people are involved, or do you mean that you think of people largely as means to your ends?

Strategize and plan well ahead when people are involved. I have near godlike ability to analyze any scenario, and given most circumstances can interact with a person, or people in general, and get the situation to go my way, or in my favor, due to this pre-calculative, strategic ability. :jesus:

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
Strategize and plan well ahead when people are involved. I have near godlike ability

You meant Aizen like didn't you?

Bleach%20-%2097%20-%20Aizen.jpg

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Strategize and plan well ahead when people are involved. I have near godlike ability to analyze any scenario, and given most circumstances can interact with a person, or people in general, and get the situation to go my way, or in my favor, due to this pre-calculative, strategic ability. :jesus:
I don't doubt that you believe this.

Are you in a contest with Mitzy and JackFlak?

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
I may be an INTJ, but I don't plan everything out. I'm a strong J, but I don't have to have a plan for everything. I don't live in mortal fear of spontaneity because I try to go with the flow, too. I, personally, don't do spontaneity naturally on my own, but I don't hate it.

I suck at strategy games. Can't understand Risk and get overwhelmed by large strategy games like Rebellion and Age of Empires.

So, where does the planning come in for me? Brainstorming. I love bouncing ideas off of people. I love being given a problem and asked to come up with a solution.

I have been accused of trying to take over the world, probably because of my impersonal "means to an end" philosophy.

My biggest pet peeve growing up: being told to chill out and be less serious. First, it was morons who didn't know me telling me what to do. Second, they were putting down what ever serious and logical idea I had in my head at the time.

I do both. They both have heavily to do with planning. I think of people as a means to an end in projects(especially when I am feeling less than friendly with my partners). In public school, I was always stuck working with slackers, and I'd start treating them like mindless pawns very quickly. I can also plan well when others are involved because I like brainstorming and problem-solving.