User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ENTJ

Not to be scary or anything... This is in my nature.
    People always start out as pawns. When I start liking something about these individuals, and see them for who they are, I stop seeing them as chess pieces or tools. Most people on here are just pieces to me, but a few who have managed to reach my heart, like Kyuuei, CaptainChick, Bougal, Sanveane, LadyJaye, PinkPiranha, Entropie, Luminous, Beat and a few others; they have earned importance. I value them as individuals, whereas I do not have the emotional energy to place value upon the large gray masses.
    I am, in a way, the opposite of this. I consciously force myself to give everyone I interact with the benefit of the doubt. This is an effort, as I know I'm prone to be overly judgemental at times, and often based on things that don't really make sense (an offhand comment from another person etc.). However, if once I've gotten to know someone a bit, I reckon they're idiots*, they are then unconsciously and completely 'written off' and are then definitely use-able as pawns.

Now, I know this is not morally correct. Or, it isn't in from my POV. Do I still do it sometimes? Yes. Urgh.

I identify with the 'two faces' comment, too. I am definitely one person with my inner circle and another person with everyone else. Not a fake person with everyone else, but certainly a much more polite and toned down version of who I am with close friends. People who know me well know that if I despise someone, I'm probably going to be rigidly polite in any interactions with them.

Is this really an NTJ thing only? Do other types never find themselves just disliking another person so much they genuinely dont care what that person thinks or feels? I mean, think of the stupidest, jerkiest jerk you know - do you REALLY care about how they feel?

*I completely concede that I could be wrong in any one of these judgements, but they still happen, for better or for worse
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTP

My dad, an INTJ, has worked in strategic planning in various companies for many years, and is very good at it. I never had any interest in such a job.

I do use people as pawns, on the occasions that I'm skilled enough at interpersonal interaction to do so and care enough about the result to overcome my laziness. Both of these things are relatively rare.
    Hands in the air, it's a robbery.

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

My trait is the ability to manipulate the minds of the majority of people around me. Friends, strangers, it doesn't really matter. The voice of reason and rationale is tremendously stronger than illogical emotions. Also I rarely lose an argument, even if the other person has a better point than me. This is just natural.
    If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. -Carl Gustav Jung *I-74* *N-53* *T-95* *J-89*

MBTI
    INTJ

I have a question for the people who have said they treat people like pawns:

When you say you treat people like pawns, do you mean that you are able to strategize and plan well when people are involved, or do you mean that you think of people largely as means to your ends?

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post

When you say you treat people like pawns, do you mean that you are able to strategize and plan well when people are involved, or do you mean that you think of people largely as means to your ends?
    Strategize and plan well ahead when people are involved. I have near godlike ability to analyze any scenario, and given most circumstances can interact with a person, or people in general, and get the situation to go my way, or in my favor, due to this pre-calculative, strategic ability.
    If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. -Carl Gustav Jung *I-74* *N-53* *T-95* *J-89*

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by *Strictly_The_Facts* View Post
    Strategize and plan well ahead when people are involved. I have near godlike ability
    You meant Aizen like didn't you?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    You meant Aizen like didn't you?

:horor: now everyone will know what I look like!!!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by *Strictly_The_Facts* View Post
    Strategize and plan well ahead when people are involved. I have near godlike ability to analyze any scenario, and given most circumstances can interact with a person, or people in general, and get the situation to go my way, or in my favor, due to this pre-calculative, strategic ability.
    I don't doubt that you believe this.

Are you in a contest with Mitzy and JackFlak?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ

I may be an INTJ, but I don't plan everything out. I'm a strong J, but I don't have to have a plan for everything. I don't live in mortal fear of spontaneity because I try to go with the flow, too. I, personally, don't do spontaneity naturally on my own, but I don't hate it.

I suck at strategy games. Can't understand Risk and get overwhelmed by large strategy games like Rebellion and Age of Empires.

So, where does the planning come in for me? Brainstorming. I love bouncing ideas off of people. I love being given a problem and asked to come up with a solution.

I have been accused of trying to take over the world, probably because of my impersonal "means to an end" philosophy.

My biggest pet peeve growing up: being told to chill out and be less serious. First, it was morons who didn't know me telling me what to do. Second, they were putting down what ever serious and logical idea I had in my head at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post

I do both. They both have heavily to do with planning. I think of people as a means to an end in projects(especially when I am feeling less than friendly with my partners). In public school, I was always stuck working with slackers, and I'd start treating them like mindless pawns very quickly. I can also plan well when others are involved because I like brainstorming and problem-solving.