• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Help my dad an ESTJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :(:(:(

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a relationship held down by a string. What I learned is that it is usually better in the long run to cut the string rather than try to balance on it.

Apathy my dear friend. That is the answer.

If he yells at you, ignore him.
If he demands something unreasonable, tell him why it's unreasonable and ignore the request.

If he stops talking to you, good. Less trouble.

This.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
I’d suggest you bite the bullet and submit to your dad’s requests with dignity. You can still be yourself in a deep way even if you compromise on little things. It might suck, but it’s part of cohabitation, and you do it because it pays off in the end: a satisfying relationship with your father, something lots of people don’t have. I would also suggest you consider that your type is a rough classification of your personality, not something that cannot be added to or changed or balanced. Next time you talk to your dad, try talking to him like an adult rather than “his kid” and see how he responds. I think it’ll help you earn some of the respect and recognition you’re looking for deep down.

Good luck!

Basically good advise. They tend to be conservative. They respect hard work, tradition, loyalty, respect, discipline. They need to (see) things happening. I've had trouble with an ESTJ in the past. You can't make them understand with NT reasoning. They won't get it and will see it as insubordination.

If you want to get along with your Dad will have to take the high road and make an effort to appeal to his nature. It's unlikely he will see things from your perspective. Do you live with your parents? If so, are you old enough to move away? Your relationship should improve if you are not living under the same roof.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Basically good advise. They tend to be conservative. They respect hard work, tradition, loyalty, respect, discipline. They need to (see) things happening. I've had trouble with an ESTJ in the past. You can't make them understand with NT reasoning. They won't get it and will see it as insubordination.

If you want to get along with your Dad will have to take the high road and make an effort to appeal to his nature. It's unlikely he will see things from your perspective. Do you live with your parents? If so, are you old enough to move away? Your relationship should improve if you are not living under the same roof.

Yeah i live with him but i'm leaving in summer so i'm trying to find a way to leave on god terms with him.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I find it endlessly fascinating that you think this entire thread is all about you.

I'm the prime example of an egoist, what did you expect? I'd just to submit and withdrew my presence? How about no.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
It's a relationship held down by a string. What I learned is that it is usually better in the long run to cut the string rather than try to balance on it.

Apathy my dear friend. That is the answer.

If he yells at you, ignore him.
If he demands something unreasonable, tell him why it's unreasonable and ignore the request.

If he stops talking to you, good. Less trouble.

This pretty much explains how I've dealt with my dad (ESTP, type 8 so practically ESTJ) up until now. Don't ever try to reason with them, just ignore them and walk away. Spend your energy on people who appreciate you for who you are, not someone who arm-twists you into being someone else. There's no reason to explode and completely break it off with him when you can ignore him and still have a place to live.