First 123412 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    look for the girl whos "one of the guys"
    Very good point. I've definitely noticed that with NT women. Not that they are any less feminine really, but that they can relate to guys in a different way than other types can.

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    You can't find them - they find you, if they want to.

xNTP's are at the back of the classroom sleeping or writing a revolution, listening nothing the teacher says yet noticing excatly when the teacher says something that has any value to them, and then they start provoking the poor awkard teacher, they don't like boredom or tv so you won't find them from the coach, nor will you find them from gyms or anywhere like that.

(or dressed up as racoons/alternatively as panda bears in the city, harassing and handing out candy for people and preaching about whatever cause seems absurd enough)
    Are you describing males or female NTP's, because you pretty much just described me. I suppose that description would work for either though. Do you have any advice on how to spot an NTJ? An NFJ might even suffice here .

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post

And lose the hunting metaphors.
    But I thought NT women liked the robotic crocodile hunter approach :P .

MBTI
    ENTP

We are one of the guys. I can kill anyone at anything at a LAN party.

The ENTJs are easy to spot in the classroom- - we never shut up, and we are always in the middle of the class discussions. I have also found the female NTs have nice laptops, and they are always on them. When I have down time in between classes you can find me at the library or at the school's cafe on mine, but I tend to be with friends too.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

You can't find them - they find you, if they want to.
    pretty much

xNTP's are at the back of the classroom sleeping or writing a revolution, listening nothing the teacher says yet noticing excatly when the teacher says something that has any value to them, and then they start provoking the poor awkard teacher, they don't like boredom or tv so you won't find them from the coach, nor will you find them from gyms or anywhere like that.
    I prefer to sit in the back right-hand corner (if you're facing the front of the classroom)... and I doodle in Lainguage until something captures my interest. If I'm not doodling, I'm trying really hard to pay attention, by taking notes with one pen in my right hand and the other in my left... it's harder to become distracted. However, I can be found in a gym.

Other places: Engineering classes (more so than biological sciences)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Look for women who are interacting with men as if gender differences don't exist. There's no particular place ... just go out and eavesdrop.

When you find one, say something she's not expecting. Don't bore her with small talk.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Or you could just give some of your wonderful insight...
    I'm right over here, surfing online and being bored as all-get-out.

...(or dressed up as racoons/alternatively as panda bears in the city, harassing and handing out candy for people and preaching about whatever cause seems absurd enough)
    Okay, I don't know what Finnish NTP's are like... but it sounds like they need medicated (or tranquilized).

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    ...When you find one, say something she's not expecting. Don't bore her with small talk.
    I've developed the ability of the years to handle doses of small talk as a necessary evil... but yeah, don't push your luck with it.

And yeah, if you want to delight me, say something I didn't anticipate -- or something different on the topic than the typical boring old conventional wisdom every other person in the room would have said. If you can make me laugh, that's a good sign.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I think I need one... so how do I acquire one? Where do they usually congregate, and what's the best way to approach them in the wild?
    The university.
    In the departments where you in general find the smallest number of women.

Math.
    Physics.
    Chemistry.
    Linguistics.
    Political science.
    History.

They are not to be found among women.
    They are to be found among men.
    And there they are a pampered minority.

Good luck.
    You need it.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

"Where do I find NT women?"

You dont. They find you
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The university.

Math.
    Physics.
    Chemistry.
    Linguistics.
    Political science.
    History.

Good luck.
    You need it.
    You pegged it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    "Where do I find NT women?"

You dont. They find you
    NTs generally don't show interest in strangers that randomly try to speak to them. Especially if they attempt flirting, but some try even if the NT gives stone face. It's funny actually. NT women are very picky. It's just easier for NTs to pick who they want to get to know, and proceed from there. Random bozos that approach are rarely even worth the breath it takes, to tell them to go away.

Sit back, and get bad results. Be proactive, efficiency is met.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    NTs generally don't show interest in strangers that randomly try to speak to them. Especially if they attempt flirting, but some try even if the NT gives stone face. It's funny actually. NT women are very picky. It's just easier for NTs to pick who they want to get to know, and proceed from there. Most random bozos that approach are rarely even worth the breath it takes to tell them to go away.
    true. i hate being approached. especially with small talk or when they come up to you because they think youre "sad" or "bored" or "lonely" and try to hit on you
    like wtf..no, im not. go away
    when im around a lot of people i dont know, i just keep to myself and watch them from a distance. if im intrigued by someone, i will go talk to them myself
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    The university.

Math.
    Physics.
    Chemistry.
    Linguistics.
    Political science.
    History.

QFT. And you can add the Economics department to the list, which is where I personally get pampered.

Edit: Also, look for ENT women in consulting. I know two ENTJ females who work for the same small consulting firm (one of them started it), an ENTP who runs a one-woman business and another ENTP who works for Ernst & Young.