• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are your best non-NT friends?

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
ENFJ, ISTJ, ESFP, INFJ.

Surprisngly the NFJs are my closest friends and the ones that I have more of a connection with. When it really comes time to stand our ground on stances though there is a decent amount of conflict. I hate the conflict that comes about with arguing against strong values. We work around it though and all is good after a little battle here and there. ISTJ is funny as shit because of his nature. Not the brightest but that only adds to his humor!

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I've never had NT friends. :cry:

INFJs for the win. A sprinkling of ISTJ, ENFJ, and I married an ESFJ.

edit: what Aimahn said.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
ESFP girl, ESFP guy, ESFP girl, ESFP girl, ESFP guy.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
ENFJ, ENFP, ESFP, INFP, ESFJ.

In roughly that order.

I guess I like ExFx's.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ (formerly thought INFP), ENFP, ENFP, INFP, ENFP in roughly that order.

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
ENFJ, ISTJ, ESFP, INFJ.

When it really comes time to stand our ground on stances though there is a decent amount of conflict. I hate the conflict that comes about with arguing against strong values. We work around it though and all is good after a little battle here and there. ISTJ is funny as shit because of his nature. Not the brightest but that only adds to his humor!

I couldn't agree with you more. My ENFJ friend and I choose not to argue (I think we both realize that the idea of debate between us is foolish)... We just replace differences with laughter.

My ISTJ friend, on the other hand, can be extremely sensitive, defensive, and opinionated. Let's just say I choose my words wisely there. I'm often frustrated by her less-than-brightness, but I contain this and try to concentrate on the common ground and "history" we do have. Like you touched on, there are areas with her where I could easily be critical and intolerant... but I guess, due to a wanting to work on weaknesses, I try to learn from, and apply, her 'S' simplicity where I can.

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
Nihilen, are you male or female? I ask because I imagine your gender affects the dynamics here. Do you find this link's description true of your friendships with ESFPs? Relations of Duality between psychological ("personality") types

I laughed out loud when I read it, because this is a great description of my INTP-ESFP friendship. The INTP-ISTJ one is pretty accurate too.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Nihilen, are you male or female? I ask because I imagine your gender affects the dynamics here.

Click my profile and check my terrific pseudo-beard. I'm quite proud of it.

Do you find this link's description true of your friendships with ESFPs? Relations of Duality between psychological ("personality") types

I laughed out loud when I read it, because this is a great description of my INTP-ESFP friendship. The INTP-ISTJ one is pretty accurate too.

To a certain extent. But I believe my friendships/relationships survive with ESFPs because they just don't let me go no matter how many times I ignore them, take some time away from them, act inappropriately towards them, etc.
They just keep coming back as if nothing happened.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJ, ISTP, ISFP, ESTP, ENFP. Iunno why the SPs are drawn to me but I am a little worried about it :ninja:

Surprisngly the NFJs are my closest friends and the ones that I have more of a connection with. When it really comes time to stand our ground on stances though there is a decent amount of conflict.

Same.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP, ISTP, ISTJ, ISTJ, ENFP

NT friends: ENTP, ENTP, INTP, possible ENTJ, could be ENTP.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
INFJ, ISTJ, ESFP.

Sharing Ni remains very handy, but I think it's mostly growing up together and rolling into an appropriate form of communication in part out of necessity, I think sustained effort on everyone's part to become friends the way only teenagers can is what set these people apart - we've ventured beyond type to just accept the person completely. This includes my detachment. By now they are all interesting adults - they feel like equals.

I make friends really, really slowly.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP, ISTJ, ESTP, INTP, INTP...ISTP, ISFP, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISFP

so I guess: NP and SP is the trend...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
ISTP, ISTJ, INFP and ENFP. That's my three closest friends and my brother, who is both friend and family.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I get along well with a lot of Sensing types.
I have a lot of S friends in college but I would say my best non-NT friends are the ones back home which include an INFP and two ISTJ's.
A lot of my friends are ESFP's. ESFPs, along with ENFP's, tend to be easy to get along with since they are enthusiastic and easygoing about things.
(However, I don't know many ENFP's- maybe one or two of the ESFP's would test as ENFP (especially with that blasted Humanmetrics test)- but I think they are ESFP.)