• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are your best non-NT friends?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
enFJ, possible isTJ (could be an N)

The only other close friend I have is an INTP, but that's pushing it a little. We exchange emails daily, so it's a cool friendship.

Another NT might be the aforementioned isTJ. He's a little strange--and young, so it's up in the air.

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
The only friends I have who's types I am certain of:

INFP, ENFP, INTJ, ENTJ, ENTP, ISTJ. ESTJ (last two recently acquired)

The ENFP is my best friend. I have the closest relationship with my INFP and INTJ friends, probably the least connection with the ISTJ. I have a few ENTJ friends, but they can be a bit much at times, I need to take some of them in doses.

I find I often have extreme mental disconnects with S types. When I'm explaining a joke to an N friend, I'll usually just need to explain step 1, and they'll infer steps 2 and 3 by themselves and figure out why it's funny. My ISTJ friend, and some other S types I've ran into, often need steps 2 and 3 as well. This isn't all S types of course, just a few I've ran into.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
ISTP, ESFP, ESFP, ENFP, ISTJ, INFJ, INFP, INFP. My only NT friend is INTP.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
enfp - often bugs the crap out of me so much so that i'll refuse to speak to him for months, but still the person who i most connect with and one of the most interesting people i know.

esfp - party guy, but has married now. Not sure how long it'll be before the divorce :)

infj - very insightful and intelligent.

calamedes

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w9
my best buddy is an INFP (it's impossible for us to decide on hanging-out plans most days :p)

after that, my ex is an ESTJ and we got along great! INFJ, ESFP, and a few other SJ's and NF's. I only know one or two other NT's and they're both J's.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
INFP (girl) xSTP (guy) and ESFP (guy)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1 male INFP
3 female INFPs
1 female ISFJ
1 female ENFP
2 female INFJs
1 female ESFJ
1 female ESTJ
1 female ISFP
1 female ENFJ

Note #1: The majority of my NT friends (of which I have a number) are males.
Note #2: Apparently I'm not that fond of T's unless they're N's.

calamedes

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w9
I agree, Jennifer. my dad's an ISTJ and his basic thought process is this:

say you have a wall in your way. i'd find a rope and climb over it, go around it, under it, etc. my dad would run into it until it falls down.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All ESTJ's, actually--I can't even stand any other types.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Real friends? One ENFJ and one INFJ.

Conversing friends: An ENFP and an INFP along with the two above.

Fun Friends: gaggles of ESFPs and couple ESTPs, ISTJs and ESFJs, along with the two real friends.

NTs are way fun.

G

garbage

I associate with lot of people whose types bring a lot to the table, but my best friends are:

EnFJ male
eNTP male
EsFJ female
ENTj male
EsTP female
INtP male

I just can't get close to strong S's.. that's the problem with such a strong intuition.

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
I really like ESTPs and ENFPs as long as they're not too extroverted. They get me to try more things and be more spontaneous and emotionally responsive.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
INFP girl
ENFP guy
ESTP guy <-- was my bestfriend for 3 years but now he started going down a drug induced path =[

Ive never had any NT friends.. I wish i did =[

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
One INFP guy (i think he is)
One INFJ guy (i think he also is)
My ENFP twin sister aka best friend

mtaclof

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
INFP girl
ENFP guy
ESTP guy <-- was my bestfriend for 3 years but now he started going down a drug induced path =[

Ive never had any NT friends.. I wish i did =[
Sounds like my best friend, ESTP struggling with drug abuse.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
ENFJ, INFJ, INFP, ENFP, ISTP, ESTP, ESFP, ESFJ, ISFJ, ISFP, ESTJ, ISTJ

But the order hasn't been finalized.

Generally... NTs are more fun.