• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are your best non-NT friends?

uncommonentity

ENFJ Females. They're the only type other than ones in the NT bracket who aren't as I'd say 'easy'. They're somewhat intelligent, opinionated and down for a laugh. I don't feel like I'm babysitting with an ENFJ.

redcheerio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
E9
Best non-NT friends:

ENFJ female (high school BF)
ENFJ female (uni BF)
ENFP female (another uni BF)
INFJ female (another uni BF)
ENFP female (BF from first city away from home)
INFP female (BF in current city)
ENFJ female (close friend from last workplace)
INFJ, ESFP sisters, INFP mom

(recognizing the effects of being an enneagram sx dom here, haha)

Best NT friends:

INTJ husband
INTJ dad
INTP, ENTP males - fav friends for LMAO, 3 more best friends fr uni
(ENFP females also great for lmao, not enough female NTPs in the world!! Not sure if I know any irl, boo)
ex-boyfriends: INTP, ISFJ, INTP, ENTP

When I first met my husband, I thought he was INTP because he was creative and interesting to talk to, but then I realized he is INTJ. It's good I didn't recognize that because at the time, I thought I wouldn't date a J. I'm pretty extreme NP, so was worried a J would be nagging and annoyed at me all the time. He isn't an extreme J, and I'm glad it worked out this way. He does get annoyed with my P ways sometimes, but is very patient, and is a great influence on me. We balance each other out nicely. :)

Regan

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
my best friend is an ISTP. at least two other of my closest friends are XSTP's.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP and ISTP. As child playmates.

Then later, INFJ.

bcubchgo

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
childhood: INTP and ESTJ best friends
teenager: ESTJ, ENTP friends
adult: ENFP best friend, I know more EST and IST types in general though. I don't have too many other "intuitive" friends it seems. I also don't know a lot of feelers it seems.

Undeclared

MBTI Type
INTp
I'm somewhat knew to this typology system. I just recently realized that I wasn't crazy and there is people like me xD. Is there some sort of key to telling a persons type other than just reading everything about every single type and then determining after all that? :mellow:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My best friend is an ISTJ E1, we just see the world the same way, and our conversations are usually interesting or hilarious.

Nic

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I like NF types.

ENFP--2 of my closest friends are ENFPs. One of them has a wicked wit and comes across as an ENTP a lot. The other is a strong ENFP. We do zany things together. Sometimes my blunt sense of humor makes her cry, but she's a weepy sort of person. This friendship is probably my most rewarding and most difficult.

INFP--One of the most generous people I know. He also sometimes comes across as an NT (he's a scientist), but his hospitality and warmth are definitely NF.

INFJ--Long time friend. I love her to death, but we speak two very different languages. My only complaint with her is that she often claims to understand people's motivations for their actions, but she often misinterprets mine.

I have one close ISTJ friend, but we end up arguing a lot. I think the debate is a rollicking good time, but he ends up mad sometimes.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My best friend is my gf an infp and thats about it. If I would want I could adapt to anyone resulting in different gravenesses of a headache. Therefore I tend to stay without close friends.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have an ENFP best girlfriend. I love her, I really do but I get weary of the - "XYZ makes me nervous to even think about". Or "How can you not understand the protests in Wisconsin and recalling the governor, blah blah blah?" How do you get nervous about things you may or may not even need to do and it's not that I don't care about WI and the governor. Well, no I don't especially care but I don't work for a union and almost no one I know works for a union and they seem to do ok.

Sigil

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
My best friend is an ISTP. He's a lot of fun to be around but the second I start discussing philosophy or some new scientific theory I've read about, he just zones out. Other than him, there's an INFJ I'm very close to. She's a very deep and interesting person but also a fatalist so it can be difficult talking to her.

gmanyo

sswwwaagggg
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't even think I have any close NT friends. My closest friends are two ENFPs, an ISFP, an ESFP, an ISFP (maybe ISTP), two ESTPs, an ESTJ, an ISFJ and one guy who is probably some sort of ST but maybe, just maybe NT.

spiderfrommars

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP, ESFJ, ESTP, ISTP, ENFP. It's the ENFPs I have the best rapport with. I love Ne.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
INFJs. I've had almost an instant friendship with every INFJ I've come across.

Lottie

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP, ISTP, ESFP.

azulatheavatar

MBTI Type
INTp
probably my best friend is not an intj since nobody i met in person really is like me and i consider him my best friend. no idea his type but what i know i truly doubt he is my type.

to edit this, i got my best friend to take the test and he got estj. time to go and look that up. :)

Last edited: