• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who are your best non-NT friends?

chalky_lemon

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Everyone always says INFJs are supposed to be the ENTPs best friend. I am currently roommates with an INFJ and he's alright - but I much prefer my ESTP best friend.

INFJ: We get along well and like to joke around, but I feel like I will do something someday and he'll just snap on me and start hating me. He's a very tidy person, and I mess the room. He'll be trying to sleep and I'll be coming in and out of the room grabbing beers from the fridge and I know it pisses him off. Pros: We have great in-depth conversations, and both have similar career aspirations. We both enjoy scheming and getting ahead in the world. Unfortunately though, 6'3" extremely muscular kid with fighting experience, and is extremely emotional. When he gets angry it kind of scares me.

ESTP: The ESTP has been my best friend for the last 6 years. We have many of the same interests, and his S compliments my N. We both like offensive jokes, and being rowdy assholes. He's better at sports than I am, is better with girls, and is more muscular and physically fit. I'm smarter than him though, and am obviously better at theoretical things, or any sort of debate or discussion. IN all though, we get along great.

Pushbeat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
ENFJ girl, INTJ guy, INTP guy, INFP girl.

I had several SJ girlfriends, but that turned out not to be a good idea. I didn't know about cognitive processes at the time.
At my surprise there's never been a SP around.

S

Society

non NTs? hmm...

ENFJs and INFPs in group settings, ISTPs & INFJs as one on one buds, ESFJ males adore me as "the eccentric friend" (in contrast to ESFJ females who tend compartmentalize me away as "that weird wacky guy"), and i had a very tight friendship with an ESTP in the army.

hard to say which non-NTs are the best, the guys i would define as my best friends growing up are INTJ and INTP.

Scissorhands

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENFP guy, INFP girl, INFP girl, INFP guy, ISFP guy.

Stumblebum

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7x8
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFJ girl, ISFP boy, ISTP boy, ESFJ boy, ESTx girl

Only a couple of us are considerably close, though.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTJ, ISTP, INFP, ISFJ, ENFJ, ESFJ. It's amusing watching one ISTJ friend because, as ENTPs/ISTJs are cohorts, cohorting is kind of a non-ISTJ thing lol. One ISFJ friend sometimes will repeat phrases I say and I think that's interesting. It's complimenting. My INFP friends are always giving me their honest opinions. I appreciate others' unique, powerful gifts. My near friends are amazing!

shadowjasmine

Instinctual Variant
sx
My sister who I'm always with is isfp and my only girl best friend that I don't want to kill is enfp..
Yep the rest are NT's and guys xD

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP 3w2 so/sx, ISTP 6w7 sx/sp, and ISFP 9w8 sp/sx would be my best guesses on their types - all 3 I played soccer with.

totent

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
ISFP females, ESTP male and an ENFP female.

Most of my interaction is with ISFP females although I find that while they open up to me, venting out their feelings and emotions, I am unable to discuss stuff that I have on my mind. Naturally, they are unable to take the heap fulls of Ne that I express in my thoughts and they loose interest in my conversations very quickly. However, they are good friends in that they are able to help me with situations in which I find it hard to coupe with emotions or feelings. They have also proven to be quite loyal I must say.

The ESTP male lacks intuitiveness, again, but in addition to that is also more traditional and boxed up in his way of existence. Some times that can get irritating and lead to long periods of us being distant until I can come to terms with his methods over again.

Although I am not as close to this ENFP female but I believe that I have had the best conversations with her. There is a lot more common ground and most of what I say makes sense to her. That I believe is a very rare find for most NTs.

With all that said, I am closest to an INTP with whom I can talk about everything and anything.

Bibliophile

MBTI Type
INTJ
I love INFJs. I get along flawlessly with them. I also enjoy ISFJs, but ISFJs and I can sometimes but heads with each other. I have other close friends, but I don't know their personality type yet.

SiriuslyLakin

MBTI Type
ENTp
One of my best friends is an ISFJ (female). Sometimes we clash due to our being exact opposite personality types. but for the most part, we balance each other out well.

supersleuth

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
ISFJ girl. She's one of my closest and oldest friends.