• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INTP - ENTJ

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Not that bad, I think, perhaps.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
OMG do I sense a gouge of emotional hurt in the Flakster?!

Nawww.....

Ruff rider 4 sho!! :smile:
Nah. Either homeboy OP here has reason to doubt the ferocity of his little match, or he wants to draw the rest of the world into his schoolboy crush and feel good for him. I've seen 'em both many times, and either way, I just have to say...

IT'S DOOMED.

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
which sucks, because I'm totally captivated, but he probably won't keep us updated on the breakup

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't imagine how a pairing between a member of the type most likely to ballyhoo free will and a member of the type most likely to claim that it doesn't exist could possibly go sour.

judges

MBTI Type
iNTP
Enneagram
5w4
don't know much about the male INTP/female ENTJ pairing, but as i've been exploring a relationship with an ENTJ male, i can tell you they step up when it comes to making the decisions you don't want to make (or at least don't want to make right now) but they're lacking in the creativity/ingenuity that drives, or at least fascinates, the INTP. i find their seemingly natural (schedule/planning-driven) stability comforting but their cognitive limitations disappointing. what's your ENTJ girl like?

So judges, what do you enjoy and dislike about your auspicious pairing ?

Too me her most endearing quality is her ability to become extremely excited and enthusiastic about ideas or things that catch her interest. She's a feminist but not an 'I hate anything with a penis' lesbian type feminist she's very sensible about it. She's a realist and she is extremely frank and open about things which is something I respect a great deal. Something that bothers me about her though is her ability to be introspective. During the year or so we were close friends before our relationship developed whenever we talked about personal things she had a hardtime comprehending her inner thoughts and feelings. She is very good on picking up what I am thinking and why I'm feeling the way I am but she's has trouble coming to terms with these things inside herself.

Nah. Either homeboy OP here has reason to doubt the ferocity of his little match, or he wants to draw the rest of the world into his schoolboy crush and feel good for him. I've seen 'em both many times, and either way, I just have to say...

IT'S DOOMED.

I'm an INTP.. I'm all about doubting myself... And I'm not trying to draw you into anything infact if you would like to stop posting in this thread I sure I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. :)

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't imagine how a pairing between a member of the type most likely to ballyhoo free will and a member of the type most likely to claim that it doesn't exist could possibly go sour.

i think i know what thread you're referring to ;). I personally don't feel that i was shamelessly selling "free will" by any means necessary. I was merely demonstrating that free will, in a practical sense, exists and anything beyond our perceptions of free will really doesn't affect how we live our lives or our happiness...

...but their cognitive limitations disappointing.

you sound as if we're talking about SFJs. ENTJs are NT's for fucks sake!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
i think i know what thread you're referring to ;). I personally don't feel that i was shamelessly selling "free will" by any means necessary. I was merely demonstrating that free will, in a practical sense, exists and anything beyond our perceptions of free will really doesn't affect how we live our lives or our happiness...

That's my perspective, and I'm INTP. False dilemma.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

You're preaching to the converted, my friend.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I find that she is very good at telling me when I am thinking too much or getting worked up over nothing as I tend to do in social situations. She keeps me grounded.

This is me (ENTJ) and my boyfriend (INFP). In fact I just finished over an hour of talking him down from a spazz out he was having due to just being stressed out about work/buying a new car/everything. He is extremely prone to getting worked up about things and then simply just losing it, freaking out etc., rather than just trying to take concrete steps to deal with whatever the situation is.

I think there is hope for your match, but both parties need patience and understanding, and this is a lesson I've learned the hard way, and repeatedly. When I'm discussing my relationship with friends I often refer to the line from the childhood rhyme/Longfellow poem 'There Was A Little Girl' - the last 3 lines are: When she was good/ She was very good indeed/ But when she was bad she was horrid. That's my relationship. I spend a lot of time floating around with a stupid grin on my face, and a lot of time fantasizing about different ways in which to torture him to death slowly and get away with it.

So...does this sound fun to you or not? It actually isn't for me - I would prefer a steadier and less rollercoaster-y thing, but I love him and so I deal with the rough bits.

judges

MBTI Type
iNTP
Enneagram
5w4
We are not too rollercoastery. But any of that is undoubtedly caused by my insecurities and social problems. And I feel bad for this. So yeah I suppose we had a more steady sort of interaction. On the other hand I guess that would be less interesting. And whenever we have some sort of problem in our relationship (it was like this when we were just friends as well) it almost always leeds to a very philosophical or intellectual discussion, which both us value greatly. So I guess there is a good side to the ups and downs of the relationship.

I never test as INFP (my T is always pretty high up there) but I could see myself being an F. I think it mainly comes from having a fairly well developed sense of F. I also have some anxiety issues so that leads me to be a lot more sketchy then the average person.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If they stay together and form an alliance with their opinions, I am happy with that.

But be prepared, if you ever think about laying that opinions on the innocent, prepare to be answered with deadly force :D

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If they stay together and form an alliance with their opinions, I am happy with that.

But be prepared, if you ever think about laying that opinions on the innocent, prepare to be answered with deadly force :D

that avatar is awesome. i wonder if thats even possible...

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
ENTJ's: codeword: trouble. I almost wish that my brother was as ENTJ and not ISTJ, so I could show balls and cull him.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm with ISTP, somewhat close to N/S border, and wouldn't recommend a similar pairing. Or, I'll wait and see.

The problems are similar to what you've said of INTP-ENTJ; Here, my ISTP is criticizing me (the ENTJ) on the perfectness of thought and accuracy, even on trivial items. ISTP like to point out mistakes and focus on errors, rather than focusing on performance, and how the errors actually matter on anything done or experienced.

She's easily discouraged, quite unaccommodating, to the point of not working well with many people. She does an attempt at compatibility by shutting down her criticism and speaking in a fake voice, but turns really caustic when she has decided on her opinion.

She's almost unable to do collaborative thinking; rather, she switches between being submissive servant and attempting to dominate, which fails. She's mad for me thinking about many things differently than her; my way is just "wrong", and I'm inconsiderate for having my "offensive" opinion. Not that matter what I *do*, or what *she* does, or does not.

FYI, my opinions are not that offensive really. She'd just wish them to be the same as her's, on many subjects.

She doesn't notice her anger, or other emotions.

And me?

I'm hurting her, as I'm rather straightforward, and although I try to be considerate, some times I just aren't. I'm prone to not giving her enough time to think through and finish everything she starts. I press her hard for her not valuing the time sufficiently. I'm often paradoxically unable to relax with her slow speed with most of the stuff, as I'm afraid of missing to everything I want to do.

As opposed, she doesn't have many plans. She's excited about getting some more education now, and she's done a lot to it, so It's not that she were totally lazy or anything.

Still, the different pace, and the wildly, completely different priorities for "working my own pace" and "getting things done", "doing" vs "thinking", etc.. make the life quite difficult.

I'm not sure if her financial difficulties stress her so as to make her act that way.

In any case, I want much improvement on our relationship.

I'm also disappointed in her often straightforward way of thinking, when she has thought to covered "everything important": she's not very inventive, but I can blame S for this. She complains a lot to me for not having some S details in my life in a most practical or aesthetic manner. But, these are both S issues. There are already enough reasons for trouble on our I/E and J/P differences.

I'm most disappointed at her for not really being actually practical with her thinking, i.e. making something work and getting some good things for herself. She's almost like idealistically inclined to impractical philosophies and ways of thinking, although she doesn't admit it. Yes, she's still ST and not NF. It's different in manner to NF ideology; her ideology follows from some desired truth, i.e. this would be good, if true, so this kind of thing must be forced, and things has to be done in accordance with this imagined, desirable view. Lack of N makes her unable to consider all the aspects tho, and lack of J makes her extremely undisciplined in double-checking all her ideas to see if they can actually be made into effect. Uhh.

/rant

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think it would run smoothly, and the ENTJ would kind of whip me into shape. But I don't think I would really be into them and like them enough to want to be around them so much. That's just judging from the ENTJs I've known.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Funny how frequently this pairing shows up, despite it's "doomedness". I really like INTPs, but they're a lot of work in a romantic relationship. More work than I, personally, am capable of doing. I love having them around, but I don't know how seriously I could take one. I've had a few interesting starts with INTPs, but I just don't have the energy/interest to take the lead. This probably isn't as big an issue for male ENTJs. Of course, for me, it could also be the lack of real E. I just don't want to have to commandeer the entire relationship on my own. It feels too much like you're dragging along someone who doesn't really want to be there.

R

Riva

What are your guys thoughts on an INTP-ENTJ relationship. Specifically between a male INTP and female ENTJ.

i think this would work pretty well. especially if it is ENTJ male and INTP female.

even ENTJ female with a INTP male would work but i think the girl would get a little frustrated when the INTP male starts to ignore him a bit. i think females as females would like a bit more emotional attention from their loved ones a bit more than the males.(no i am not saying that guys don't need emotional attention).

on the otherhand the ENTJ male would be quite content with a INTP female who doesn't always seek emotional opennes(whatever you call it). they would be quite content to know that there is a woman who loves him waiting for him when he comes back home.(hot woman;))