• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's: Explain how you are different from ENFP please

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the question is...would the op have felt he needed to express his opinion...mediate or advocate like the other enfps in this thread.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I suppose I can't deny a tendency toward hating the concept of losing. But here, neither of us believes he is the loser, so we can continue on in steadfast denial for all eternity.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
the bottom line is :

there is no difference, its just big hoax

the former gives more a damn about other peope's feelings qand the latter doesn't. :jew:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An LMAO type would think that. Your dominant Le just keeps you from taking anything seriously.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
On the paper it says the one uses Fi and the other one uses Ti. You can go further and say they both use it but with difference strength.

Yoou can now start analyzing what Fi and Ti is about but I think you have to live it to know it. There was a time in my life, I smoked a lot of pot and thought of myself to be the mutual ladies men from the neighbourhood. I really never figured until I quit the mind altering thing that I am not.

I am not nearly capable of seeing so much interpersonal things going on, on a virtual level of existence I have just not entered. I nowadays get through my INFJ girlfriend alot from this VR. She has Fi according to socionics and thats what I believe in and that Fi is a beautiful but rare thing at best.

I myself get glimpses at it from time to time and it brings me insight, like a total new view on things and it helps me alot to REALLY understand people.

For example a long time friend of mine, I always thought he is a very rational guy. My girlfriend got to know him after I knew him for like 15 years and she told me that he is a huuuge feeler. I declared her for being insane, nevertheless I listenend to her story. And I tried out what she told me on, how to deal with him. The result was devastating for my belief. He openend up became ultimately personal and my relationship to him reached a new closure. A closure far to close for me in that case... :)

I myself am hurt and sad very often, because my INFJ blends in that Fi capability and shows me a way of interpretating human things that is totally alien to me but makes sense and is experienceable.

I dont want to think further because I get sad, when thinking about what I miss, I just want to say a polite fuck you to all ENFPs and tell you to value what you have.

You will never build electrical circuits THAT big like I do in that less time !!!!!

Wow man :)

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Will do! And while I'm working on that, you do me a favor and try applying your approach to social interaction in the real world. You know, try leaving your house once in a while--slowly at first, and gradually build up. Let me know what you discover as to how being a socially incompetent emotional retard works toward building friends and a real life.

If your goal is to stop the INTP from engaging in behaviors you don't like, you're going about it the wrong way.

If your goal is to hurt his feelings, no one cares except the both of you.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
you can't really expect to like everyone all the time though can you? i know jack certainly doesn't....let it roll of your back baby...

Nope, sure can't, but it's cute that you came to his defense (calling me immature in comparison to Jack Flak, no less, lawlz) when I claimed he was an asshole, which is clearly and obviously true. (If you don't believe me, take a poll...I dare you.) Why is it ok, and moreover encouraged, for him to be his asshole self and not for me? Shouldn't you like me just as well for doing the same thing?

Or...are you just pissed that someone attacked your friend and responding emotionally? I can understand the value in that, whether or not Jack can (it's called emotion, Jack, look it up.) If I were him, though, I would count myself lucky that anyone cared enough to come my defense at all.

I'd also have to wonder, of course, why you chose to defend by accusing my adversary of the very problem I have in spades (immaturity), but hey, I guess when you're that much of a gigantic turd sandwich, it's astounding that anyone is willing to stick up for you.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If your goal is to stop the INTP from engaging in behaviors you don't like, you're going about it the wrong way.

If your goal is to hurt his feelings, no one cares except the both of you.

Actually neither of those goals is very relevant. I know he's not going to stop, and I know I'm not really actually going to hurt his feelings. At this point it's just an attempt at public embarrassment--if one of us can make the other look stupid or wrong to a majority of onlookers, we've done our jobs well. Kind of like a rap battle...neither participant thinks he's going to get his opponent to admit to being a cracker-loving bitch, nor does he think his opponent will stop being a cracker-loving bitch...it's more about the audience! Let the record state that I object to his automatically treating me like an inferior.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Here's something you might not have learndeded about me, sim-dub.

[youtube=-OccHxBWcE4]I am a crooked man. And I've walked a crooked mile.[/youtube]

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
A ENFP would say "I love you" at the end of an arguement.

A ENTP would give you a middle finger like this.

I hope that helps. :yes:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Wow, I think this thread so far reflects more the INTP/ENTP dynamic than the ENXP OP question. I'm just waiting for the thread to get moved. :popc1:

On the surface, ENTP and ENFP look the same *to outsiders*. ENTPs and ENFPs IRL can tell each other apart.

But the real difference is about what goes on inside, how you process and filter reality, etc.

You think you don't care about things -- is this because there are blockages and you aren't letting yourself be vulnerable and feel these things?

Everyone has a 'natural' or 'most healthy' or 'most functional' level of emotionality - sensitivity, receptivity, expressiveness, etc.

It's not unusual for ENFPs or other 'F' types to have a period where they feel hard or cold or more detached. Especially as safety or recovery mechanisms. It is in fact, because you are so sensitive that you take things harder and have to shut off or let go.

I think the difference between and ENFP and ENTP or really any 'F' vs 'T' is that this makes the F miserable. Whereas if detachment and stoicism etc. is *natural* for you, you won't feel miserable. Hopefully?

Ask why not what. That's your best bet for figuring this all out.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Wow, I think this thread so far reflects more the INTP/ENTP dynamic

I entirely agree. Its no use beating the Jack. He owns 90% market share of Typology Central Inc. The only way to challenge him is to accumulate more post counts than him. which i doubt is highly possible.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
no one that isn't totally gullible likes you
here, fixed.

Poor Jack. If I were a true ENFP, I'd probably feel sorry for him sometimes.

Well, ganging up against him is a bit easy, but the truth is he deserves it.

(And by the way, I have to admit it's pleasing to see him humiliated one more time. It won't improve anything, but it's pleasing...) :devil:

---

You know, Simulatedworld, you're not the first to have made exactly the same speech about Jack. Same causes create same consequences, ad libitum...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The funny part: He's getting off on all the attention. Let's stop giving it.

/thread

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
The funny part: He's getting off on all the attention. Let's stop giving it.

/thread
TBH I could do without it, but I am amused at the consistency of ENTPs wondering how the hell they don't know where to start at what they thought was their own game.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
TBH I could do without it, but I am amused at the consistency of ENTPs wondering how the hell they don't know where to start at what they thought was their own game.

yeah. that's the problem. my personality.

Panax Gingeng

MBTI Type
ENTP
My gf is an ENFP and we hang out with similar crowds so I was able to observe how she interacts with same people that I do and compare. Although I'm extremely social she is able to bond much more rapidly and be able to call a person to hang out 3 times quicker than I do.

I think that although people let my edgy humorous dickishness slide and even often enjoy it, it does put some off at subconscious level and an ENFP would not have that problem. ENFPs are just better at interpersonal organization and making people feel at ease (not as good as ENFJs but able to hold their own).