• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's: Explain how you are different from ENFP please

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Easy to tell in real life once you get to know them- though on the surface they may appear similar

ENFPs usually have something like sadness behind thier laughing though

Once you get to know them though they're quite different- an ENFP wants to know all of your flaws because they find them fascinating- they want to know your psychological makeup in a more sympathetic manner and such. ENTPs just want to know about you in a more coldly clinical manner- find the interesting part then move on and scan someone else's brain. There's a different feel to talking to an ENFP- more depth in a way, less calculations.

Of course I have a good ENFP friend and have tried to pinpoint the differences between the both of us- it's hard to describe NFness though since it's kind of odd and nebulous and such :doh:

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm an INTP who can act fairly E sometimes, so as an example...

I engage people in arguments for fun and have, on at least one occasion, made someone cry when I was doing nothing but exposing the logical flaws in their argument.

I have little to no sympathy for someone feeling sad if I think the reason is stupid, and very little empathy on most counts.

I've been told I'm highly abrasive, sarcastic, and cynical.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I'm an INTP who can act fairly E sometimes, so as an example...

I engage people in arguments for fun and have, on at least one occasion, made someone cry when I was doing nothing but exposing the logical flaws in their argument.

I have little to no sympathy for someone feeling sad if I think the reason is stupid, and very little empathy on most counts.

I've been told I'm highly abrasive, sarcastic, and cynical.
But you're not funny. Work on it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
everybody likes a happy go lucky bunny on a rainbow slide...don't they??
mdakp6.gif

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
On the paper it says the one uses Fi and the other one uses Ti. You can go further and say they both use it but with difference strength.

Yoou can now start analyzing what Fi and Ti is about but I think you have to live it to know it. There was a time in my life, I smoked a lot of pot and thought of myself to be the mutual ladies men from the neighbourhood. I really never figured until I quit the mind altering thing that I am not.

I am not nearly capable of seeing so much interpersonal things going on, on a virtual level of existence I have just not entered. I nowadays get through my INFJ girlfriend alot from this VR. She has Fi according to socionics and thats what I believe in and that Fi is a beautiful but rare thing at best.

I myself get glimpses at it from time to time and it brings me insight, like a total new view on things and it helps me alot to REALLY understand people.

For example a long time friend of mine, I always thought he is a very rational guy. My girlfriend got to know him after I knew him for like 15 years and she told me that he is a huuuge feeler. I declared her for being insane, nevertheless I listenend to her story. And I tried out what she told me on, how to deal with him. The result was devastating for my belief. He openend up became ultimately personal and my relationship to him reached a new closure. A closure far to close for me in that case... :)

I myself am hurt and sad very often, because my INFJ blends in that Fi capability and shows me a way of interpretating human things that is totally alien to me but makes sense and is experienceable.

I dont want to think further because I get sad, when thinking about what I miss, I just want to say a polite fuck you to all ENFPs and tell you to value what you have.

You will never build electrical circuits THAT big like I do in that less time !!!!!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh I was just filling in for Nocapszy.

Seriously though I'm having trouble thinking of a worse case of INTx Social Failure Syndrome. Every thread I go to has Jack cutting someone down, arrogantly insisting that anyone who doesn't agree with him is retarded, and generally failing to back up his points with any legitimate reasoning.

For the love God, your post count for the last two days is higher than my total one since I joined two months ago. Do you even do anything besides dick around on this forum? No wonder you don't have time to get good enough at anything else to do it professionally--you've made a consistent 1 post per every half hour nonstop since the day you joined this forum 6 months ago. Doesn't that strike anyone else as a little unhealthy?

I know several INTPs like this in real life and, brilliant though they are in a few particular areas, they're a pain in the ass to deal with. You learned early on that you weren't very good at social interaction, so you gradually conditioned yourself to believe that nothing but your beloved Ti has any merit or should ever be exercised. Your self-image is so heavily dependent upon your rational thinking/debate ability that, ironically for a dominant Ti, you've become irrationally and emotionally attached to being Right.

This explains why you never show a moment of vulnerability or admit fault for anything, and why you're so insistent on every other post you make being somehow insulting or obnoxious to someone. You're so deathly insecure about your social and interpersonal skills that you've poured 100% of your time and effort into making sure that you're always Rationally Correct, and it's obvious from the outrageous amount of time that you spend on this forum alone (and who knows what others?) that you're also deathly inept when it comes to interacting with the real world.

Grow the fuck up.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ that was mature.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
This explains why you never show a moment of vulnerability or admit fault for anything, and why you're so insistent on every other post you make being somehow insulting or obnoxious to someone.
Hey buddy, if I weren't invulnerable and faultless, I think I would have the humility to admit it!

(By the way, it's Ni.)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
you've made a consistent 1 post per every half hour nonstop since the day you joined this forum 6 months ago. Doesn't that strike anyone else as a little unhealthy?

I personally thought that was something to aspire to.

It's easy to guess at what people should be doing with their lives. I used to play in a virtual world. I spent money there, I stayed up all night talking to people around the world. Somehow after a few years this thing my family thought was crazy netted me a nice amount of rl friends (one just stayed here this weekend with her family) and a nice income - I make rl money there 3 different ways now.

All that to say that unless you know someone's situation you really have no reason to tell them what to do. And even if you do know, you probably still shouldn't.

"Be nice" is one thing "spend your time how I think you should" is quite another.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
It's always funny when someone takes a comment directed at me more personally than I do.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I personally thought that was something to aspire to.

It's easy to guess at what people should be doing with their lives. I used to play in a virtual world. I spent money there, I stayed up all night talking to people around the world. Somehow after a few years this thing my family thought was crazy netted me a nice amount of rl friends (one just stayed here this weekend with her family) and a nice income - I make rl money there 3 different ways now.

All that to say that unless you know someone's situation you really have no reason to tell them what to do. And even if you do know, you probably still shouldn't.

"Be nice" is one thing "spend your time how I think you should" is quite another.

I don't care how he spends his time. He doesn't have to change anything for me and I don't imagine he will. I wasn't issuing commands; I was just pointing this out because it's evidence for why his interpersonal and social skills are so poor, and because I'm really tired of clicking onto new threads and seeing "[Obnoxious and totally uninvited personal insult for no reason]+[Refusal to bother attempting to back it up]--Jack Flak" every time I want to participate in any exchange of ideas on this forum. And it's not like it's just a few isolated instances, he's everywhere with the same self-righteous bullshit.

It's usually not even directed at me, but it's incredibly annoying and I'm positive that I'm not the only person on the forum who feels this way.