• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's: Explain how you are different from ENFP please

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
With Colbert I have to guess INFP. To me Stewarts the sterotypical enfp..I think its pretty obvious when someone prefers Fi over Ti! He kinda reminds me of Zach Braff sometimes... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQvBfH3ZcKQ

Jon Stewart reminds you of Zach Braff? The guy from Scrubs? I commend the forgone simulatedworld in devolving any sense of reality in this MBTI typing process, and unwittingly debasing the Comedy Central satire duo, but lets get real. Jon Stewart is an ENTP - follow his track record, watch his stand-up, note his positioning and it'll be obvious as bird shit on a black car. On the other end there is the farcical Stephen Colbert whom rarely drops the mask. He is an INFx - I lean to the INFP side, but quite possibly a J.

But what I'm more interested in is why you necro'd this thread.

Megalomania

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Didn't notice it was so old. Yea the guy from scrubs! He has that ENFP "silly switch". If you watch his interviews it'll be "as obvious as bird shit on a black car" that he prefers Te over Ti.

nomoreshallwepart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I reckon ENFPs seem like the sort who like to think they're rational rather than emotional but when they get criticised everyone knows what they are. Love you guys by the way.

Megalomania

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I reckon ENFPs seem like the sort who like to think they're rational rather than emotional but when they get criticised everyone knows what they are. Love you guys by the way.

:D They can be rational. If you look up ENFP careers you'll get lawyer for a reason. When they are in touch with Te they can take on any NT in a debate.
Jon Stewarts book http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_(The_Book):_A_Visitor%27s_Guide_to_the_Human_Race also suggests extroverted thinking.. breadth > depth.

nomoreshallwepart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Didn't notice it was so old. Yea the guy from scrubs! He has that ENFP "silly switch". If you watch his interviews it'll be "as obvious as bird shit on a black car" that he prefers Te over Ti.

Zach does. Jon Stewart does not. If a person thinks Jon Stewart has less in common with say a George Carlin than Robin Williams then I'd doubt they've heard of any of the three.

Megalomania

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I didn't mean that they can't be rational, I just mean that they are more governed by emotions than they think. I think any F can be rational.

lol I know you didn't mean that. That was more in reply to those posters that think feelers can't look like rationals.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I was too lazy to search for a post of mine in this thread, but I am convinced I have said it, the difference is:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5C6X9vOEkU"].[/YOUTUBE]

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's a fact LadyX. If you could turn to only one person for help, tell me would it be a INxP?

If infps are undependable to you its because they prolly dont care about you. That is completly different if they do. I wouldnt ever accuse an infp of being undependable, most of them make it a point to be dependable and you could hurt them rather hard by saying that they dont.

Intps are not undependable as well. If they dont show up for the meeting its prolly because they had to smoke that joint or to read that newspaper article til the end. Key here is to always have their phone number and a good hunch for when a call would be inapropiate. By calls at unusual times or moments they get so shocked that they immediatly take the telephone, et voila: there is your contact ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have both in my life and they can both be equally undependable and dependable.

R

Riva

i have both in my life and they can both be equally undependable and dependable.

I am sorry for dragging the thread off topic.

Anyway, the question still remains, if you could turn to only one person for help when you need it the most, tell me would it be an INxP?

If infps are undependable to you its because they prolly dont care about you. That is completly different if they do. I wouldnt ever accuse an infp of being undependable, most of them make it a point to be dependable and you could hurt them rather hard by saying that they dont.

Intps are not undependable as well. If they dont show up for the meeting its prolly because they had to smoke that joint or to read that newspaper article til the end. Key here is to always have their phone number and a good hunch for when a call would be inapropiate. By calls at unusual times or moments they get so shocked that they immediatly take the telephone, et voila: there is your contact ;)

+ 1,000

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, if I'd be turning to an enfp my infp could interprete that as cheating :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my bf is an infp and he's there when i need him to be.

R

Riva

my bf is an infp and he's there when i need him to be.

That's why he's your BF ;). Anyway I am dragging this topic off topic and I don't like it. I think it's best it I or someone else should start a thread to discuss this matter.

*Ponders*