User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I'd ask for an explanation of your position but I know better by now, Larry.
    Try the Colbert thread. It's somewhere around the Reznor thread, Chuck.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Anybody other than Larry:

How is Colbert INFP? I could maybe see that for Stewart, I guess, but Colbert is so ENTP it's stupid. He's ridiculously ENTP. He's soooo self-centered! His entire show is deadpan satire of Bill O'Reilly. Did you guys watch his speech at the White House Press Correspondents' dinner a couple years ago? He's the biggest smart ass on the planet; he rarely utters a single word that isn't caked in multiple layers of irony and subtle mockery. INFPs are generally more straightforward and MUCH more forgiving of honest mistakes--Colbert jumps at the opportunity to correct someone on even the slightest verbal mistake, and I really think his interviews are great evidence--he doesn't give a shit about what the person is saying so much as with coming up with clever little return shots to get a laugh or otherwise impress the audience. INFPs are far more concerned with making people (especially their own guests) comfortable...Colbert rarely does this at all.

I've never met the guy in person, but his TV persona seems most certainly ENTP.

And Larry, please understand that spending more time considering the angles than most (and yes, INTP is dominant Ti, I really don't particularly care what your proprietary made up pseudo-MBTI says) doesn't entitle you to blatantly ignore new evidence when it arises. I know, I know--"I've spent more time thinking about this than ANYONE!" But you've got to at least try and understand that:

A) It's possible for you to be wrong *gasp!*,
    B) Smarter people than you can arrive at more accurate conclusions than yours in less time and with less consideration, and
    C) Nobody gives a shit how sure you are that you're right if you can't back it up with some genuine arguments. (And no, "I'M REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY SURE!!!!!!!111111" doesn't count.)

But hey, I don't even expect this to get through at all. After all, you're SO SURE of yourself, why bother considering any new information, ever?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP

Jack Flak: Stop hijacking my thread.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Dude, it seems like ur more or less an ENXP and that ur brother is an enfp trying to pass as an entp because of the social pressure for males to act T.

Older or younger brother? Family structure ? Dynamics with parents?

Some people will for example socially act as F or T but really be the opposite in their inner midst.
    You can especially see that when pushing people to their limit\ how they deal with crisis touching them or people around them.
    No.
    And I can say that with nigh-absolute certainty.

Other than my being partial to utilize logic when debating ideas, I am pretty much a textbook ENFP. (Bear in mind - I was raised by an INTJ)
    I generally interact with people on a feeling level, I'm very empathetic, hold my morals in the highest esteem (higher than logic), etc. I'm just an 'F' who understands that reacting emotionally to an opinion which does not match your own, or someone who obviously didn't quite get what you were saying - makes absolutely no sense. (If somebody deeply offends my sense of morality with a bigoted opinion without giving me any logical reason as to why - then their eyes are going to be verbally scratched the hell out)

Other than his occasional tendency towards outbursts of feeling when it's something somewhat personal (what we were discussing had to do with fathers and sons, was a little close to the bone - he thought I was projecting an idea which he deeply disagreed with and kind of exploded before he listened to me with the rational part of his brain) he is a typical ENTP. Logic is held in the highest regard, over most else. But he does have a five-year-old son, and being a parent changes your priorities.

I'm very 'live-and-let-live', and try to accept everyone as they are (bigots are not included here)
    He has no patience for anyone he considers to be an 'idiot'.
    I think people need to learn tolerance.
    He thinks people need to learn to think things through.
    I'm arts-inclined.
    He's science-inclined.

....Get the idea?

The lines between the types aren't always as clear-cut as you'd like them to be.

(And to answer some of your questions - he's my half-brother, twelve years my senior, we share the same INTJ father but he wasn't always there for my brother as his mother and he were getting divorced when he was just a kid)

Also - the child-type of both ENTPs and ENFPs is ENP - the T/F preference comes later. Couldn't this blur the line between the types if they learnt to use both functions as they grew?
    Last edited by FantailedWall; 02-01-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Nillerz View Post
    ENTP's: Explain how you are different from ENFP please
    No. You'll have to figure it out for yourself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    I entirely agree. Its no use beating the Jack. He owns 90% market share of Typology Central Inc. The only way to challenge him is to accumulate more post counts than him. which i doubt is highly possible.
    Well, looks like 90% market share didn't save his dumb ass from getting banned for half a year, now did it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well, looks like 90% market share didn't save his dumb ass from getting banned for half a year, now did it?
    reallly?

Ah, life's simple pleasures.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

/gloat

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTP

With Colbert I have to guess INFP. To me Stewarts the sterotypical enfp..I think its pretty obvious when someone prefers Fi over Ti! He kinda reminds me of Zach Braff sometimes... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQvBfH3ZcKQ

It's sort of funny to see two banned people arguing on this thread...like some sort of life after death thing...