User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    lol and then pawn it off as politeness. NFs rock, and I don't even mean that in a sarcastic way.

Anyway, I just thought of something relating to the original post--

Jon Stewart, ENFP, and Stephen Colbert, ENTP...they seem to be a great example of the dichotomy. Stewart is more inclined to make silly jokes that have no personal insult attached...he's more just zany and off the wall, but knows how to tie it all together to balance amusing his audience with respecting and appreciating his guests.

Colbert is more of a dick, though his primary intention is not to hurt anyone--he just doesn't make much of an effort to avoid it. He's much more focused on plotting his next comeback, subtly mocking or insulting his guest or himself. The way he interviews guests is very telling...he's much more confrontational and makes a lot less effort (only as much as he has to) to make sure they're emotionally comfortable. He's quite simply more self-centered and more focused on getting a reaction from the audience than he is on maintaining social harmony and politeness between people, and that's most of what separates ENTP Colbert from ENFP Stewart.
    Um, I appreciate the trouble, but Stewart is introverted.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Um, I appreciate the trouble, but Stewart is introverted.
    when we debated before, most converged on the idea of stewart being ENTP and Colbert being INFP.

Colbert's character being some sort of EXTJ of course (to make fun of orielly types). Stewart has the classic ENTP 'style' of ensnaring his interviewers in their own shit...

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Stewart is the shyest man on American television. Geezus dude.

MBTI
    ENTP

My ENFP brother and I concur about one thing.

People suck. They just really do.

They stand in the way of everything fresh and good and progressive and effective, and reserve the right to complain about the way things are. They are the embodiment of the failed potential of the universe entire.

They have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the water trough and forced to drink to save their own lives, bitterly complaining and bucking against the hand that leads them to said rehydrative salvation.

Bless them.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENFP

Oh, I loathe humans in a "god bless 'em" sort of way. They are never satisfied. Their lives are these meaningless blips on a radar screen the size of infinity, their needs are trumped by their petty and shallow feelings and they're always assuming that the world OWES them something. They're cute though. :3

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    My ENFP brother and I concur about one thing.

People suck. They just really do.

They stand in the way of everything fresh and good and progressive and effective, and reserve the right to complain about the way things are. They are the embodiment of the failed potential of the universe entire.

They have to be dragged kicking and screaming to the water trough and forced to drink to save their own lives, bitterly complaining and bucking against the hand that leads them to said rehydrative salvation.

Bless them.
    Ha. My ENTP brother and I feel the same, a lot of the time.

We actually act the same a lot of the time. (Though with completely different sets of interests/areas of expertise, respectively)
    I've got a fairly developed 'T' for a 'F'.
    He's got a very developed 'F' for a 'T'.

In fact - yesterday we were debating ideas and HE is the one who got upset at me for implying something he did not agree with (it actually totally obscured his judgment of my point - which in the end, he agreed with) whilst I maintained completely calm and level-headed, pointing out the rationality of my argument until he calmed the hell down and listened with his head.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    Ha. My ENTP brother and I feel the same, a lot of the time.

We actually act the same a lot of the time. (Though with completely different sets of interests/areas of expertise, respectively)
    I've got a fairly developed 'T' for a 'F'.
    He's got a very developed 'F' for a 'T'.

In fact - yesterday we were debating ideas and HE is the one who got upset at me for implying something he did not agree with (it actually totally obscured his judgment of my point - which in the end, he agreed with) whilst I maintained completely calm and level-headed, pointing out the rationality of my argument until he calmed the hell down and listened with his head.
    Dude, it seems like ur more or less an ENXP and that ur brother is an enfp trying to pass as an entp because of the social pressure for males to act T.

Older or younger brother? Family structure ? Dynamics with parents?

Some people will for example socially act as F or T but really be the opposite in their inner midst.
    You can especially see that when pushing people to their limit\ how they deal with crisis touching them or people around them.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Some people will for example socially act as F or T but really be the opposite in their inner midst.
    You can especially see that when pushing people to their limit\ how they deal with crisis touching them or people around them.
    This is true. I act like a T quite often. Specially around girls. I don't know how that explains my success with women ... or not, but there you go.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Jon Stewart, ENFP, and Stephen Colbert, ENTP...
    Colbert's pretty sterotypically INFP, so you can knock that crap off, smart guy.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Colbert's pretty sterotypically INFP, so you can knock that crap off, smart guy.
    I'd ask for an explanation of your position but I know better by now, Larry.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?