First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I've found that connecting the letters of the text together in your mind to form familiar words, then connecting the words to form phrases, then appreciating the context of the phrases...

...Does aid in understanding speech.
    I find that studying MBTI and other such systems does aid in understanding the value of exercising functions which are not your dominant ones.

And I'm having an awfully difficult time understanding how someone with the level of knowledge about this topic that you have is still so blindly oblivious to such a simple fact.

Here's another simple fact: The world will not collapse or implode if you admit fault or phrase something in a more polite way once in a while (even if your fragile, abused psyche does.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

don't flatter yourself babe. i'm not that involved.
    just think it is a bit pointless going back and forth with someone like this...but you nt's like to argue...i just blow shit off...so carry on.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I love you guys, really I do. There's no better way to conduct an argument than by repeatedly asserting how little the argument matters to you (for the 24th consecutive post.) Keep going, it's really convincing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I love you guys, really I do. There's no better way to conduct an argument than by repeatedly asserting how little the argument matters to you (for the 24th consecutive post.) Keep going, it's really convincing.
    i'm not arguing...i'm just responding. cuz i'm cool and polite like that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

lol and then pawn it off as politeness. NFs rock, and I don't even mean that in a sarcastic way.

Anyway, I just thought of something relating to the original post--

Jon Stewart, ENFP, and Stephen Colbert, ENTP...they seem to be a great example of the dichotomy. Stewart is more inclined to make silly jokes that have no personal insult attached...he's more just zany and off the wall, but knows how to tie it all together to balance amusing his audience with respecting and appreciating his guests.

Colbert is more of a dick, though his primary intention is not to hurt anyone--he just doesn't make much of an effort to avoid it. He's much more focused on plotting his next comeback, subtly mocking or insulting his guest or himself. The way he interviews guests is very telling...he's much more confrontational and makes a lot less effort (only as much as he has to) to make sure they're emotionally comfortable. He's quite simply more self-centered and more focused on getting a reaction from the audience than he is on maintaining social harmony and politeness between people, and that's most of what separates ENTP Colbert from ENFP Stewart.

MBTI
    ENTP

Originally Posted by simulatedworld
    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    Originally Posted by erinavery
    i'm not arguing...i'm just responding. cuz i'm cool and polite like that.
    That really shows the ENTP and the ENFP differences in a nutshell. On the one hand we have the ENTP analysing every point of the ENFPs discussion (argument) from an empirical perspective using facts, and rational hypotheses to retain the argumentative upper hand.

The ENFP on the other hand dismisses the argument because they don't essentially care what the ENTP rationally has to say but rather the intuitive feeling behind the words. For example, "Is this a personal attack? or are they merely wanting to vent?" The ENFP cares, not about the argument but instead how it makes themselves and the other person feel.

What both parties need to remember is that the world isn't about absolutes, and as such it is beneficial to attempt to see the world from another's perspective if just for a fleeting moment. The MBTI is all about achieving balance; find your starting point, and go from there otherwise you can end up arguing about petty issues that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, or responding too emotionally to certain matters.

I'm not saying that this is the case in this particular instance but to be perfectly honest some of the grilling that has taken place throughout this thread hasn't seemed to be beneficial (from a self-improvement type perspective) but rather polarising. You don't hold the ice cream man at gunpoint if he messes up your double fudge, you let simply let him know that way he may be willing to improve on it (your viewpoint might be completely subjective however so keep that in mind)!
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

that's true snowey and really funny.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    that's true snowey and really funny.
    aww shucks....
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I absolutely would not do this. I'd only sell-out my beliefs for profit if that profit could be used in the service of beliefs I hold in higher priority. I would never sacrifice my integrity for money alone.

You might be misjudging your ENTP friends' intentions.
    I would.
    Hell, I'd do it HAPPILY.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so??? whataya think? did you play catch up? did you get enough entp/ enfp demonstration to see the difference?
    -Jim Morrison