User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Nope, sure can't, but it's cute that you came to his defense (calling me immature in comparison to Jack Flak, no less, lawlz) when I claimed he was an asshole, which is clearly and obviously true. (If you don't believe me, take a poll...I dare you.) Why is it ok, and moreover encouraged, for him to be his asshole self and not for me? Shouldn't you like me just as well for doing the same thing?

Or...are you just pissed that someone attacked your friend and responding emotionally? I can understand the value in that, whether or not Jack can (it's called emotion, Jack, look it up.) If I were him, though, I would count myself lucky that anyone cared enough to come my defense at all.

I'd also have to wonder, of course, why you chose to defend by accusing my adversary of the very problem I have in spades (immaturity), but hey, I guess when you're that much of a gigantic turd sandwich, it's astounding that anyone is willing to stick up for you.
    yeah...i'm cute like that.

just sayin...doesn't matter if you don't dig his style but making silly assumptions about his personal life and attempting to belittle him because of it is pretty fucking immature.

and yeah he is my friend so yeah i'm going to say something and you don't have to love it either.

but the actual real situation is so pointless that it really ought to just be dropped...so you disagree with somebody's personality type...who the hell cares, right?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

ENFP's hold values in a higher sense, they won't do something that they do not agree with.
    And ENTP might do something that goes against all of his beliefs for the purpose of profit alone.
    F's tend to be better at manipulating social interactions while T's tend to be better at manipulating ideas.

That's what I noticed when viewing friends.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    ... And ENTP might do something that goes against all of his beliefs for the purpose of profit alone. ...

I absolutely would not do this. I'd only sell-out my beliefs for profit if that profit could be used in the service of beliefs I hold in higher priority. I would never sacrifice my integrity for money alone.

You might be misjudging your ENTP friends' intentions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I absolutely would not do this. I'd only sell-out my beliefs for profit if that profit could be used in the service of beliefs I hold in higher priority. I would never sacrifice my integrity for money alone.

You might be misjudging your ENTP friends' intentions.
    By profit I don't mean money.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

By profit I don't mean money.

Oops. My mistake.

I agree with you then. For personal advancement / glory / etc, I would sever the cord between myself and my beliefs fast enough to make Einstein say "Whoa."

And ENTP might do something that goes against all of his beliefs for the purpose of profit alone.
    What if their belief is that one's motivation should be due to profit?

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Panax Gingeng View Post
    My gf is an ENFP and we hang out with similar crowds so I was able to observe how she interacts with same people that I do and compare. Although I'm extremely social she is able to bond much more rapidly and be able to call a person to hang out 3 times quicker than I do.
    By bond do you mean she herself feels comfortable and attached or builds interest, that other people feel comfortable and want to get to know her better or feel that they know her, or both?

Yeah, 'social' has little to do with doing well with people...or rather 'extraversion' is not the same as socializing or making friends. Very social extraverted people who are "mean" or have low EQ for instance may just be bullies or office terrors, for instance.

I think that although people let my edgy humorous dickishness slide and even often enjoy it, it does put some off at subconscious level and an ENFP would not have that problem. ENFPs are just better at interpersonal organization and making people feel at ease (not as good as ENFJs but able to hold their own).
    Hmmmmm, so y'oure one of those dickisn ENTPs? ENFPs are attracted to you?

LOL.

I bet you and your GF are a dynamic pair and do a social whirlwind at parties.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah whatever. Misread the message, that self righteousness of urs gave the whole thing a different meaning.
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. He's so fact-focused that he doesn't realize how irrational it is to expect everyone else to act totally rationally (and not emotionally) all the time. He either doesn't notice or doesn't care that he's being a self-righteous prick, as long as he's RIGHT.

It's a very sad and pathetic way to live. I guess we can all hope he'll GROW UP ALREADY one day.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    What the hell are you on, son?

You don't use "an" because "utilitarian" begins with the consonant variation of the "Y" sound. It's hard, not soft. Use "a."

Excuse me for knowing what I'm talking about, and sharing my knowledge with the world.
    It's not your language proficiency he's responding negatively to, and you know that as well as I do. It's the fact that in presenting this knowledge, you're always such a fucking prick. You can pretend all you want that nothing but rational correctness matters in this world, but you'll only continue doing so at the price of your own happiness (and that of those around you.)

Keep it up, champ.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yeah...i'm cute like that.

just sayin...doesn't matter if you don't dig his style but making silly assumptions about his personal life and attempting to belittle him because of it is pretty fucking immature.

and yeah he is my friend so yeah i'm going to say something and you don't have to love it either.

but the actual real situation is so pointless that it really ought to just be dropped...so you disagree with somebody's personality type...who the hell cares, right?

"This is a pointless argument and you're wasting my time" is one of my favorite arguments, because it comes up so often after one has already made a (failed) attempt at an argument and then needs to save face.

Noted.

And honestly, you don't have to make many big assumptions to determine that someone who's made 9200 posts in 6 months doesn't have a lot of time leftover for other things. This is a perfectly reasonable inference. It's called inductive reasoning, and it doesn't consist of blind or baseless assumptions.