User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Chameleon INTP

Ghost Monkey Soul Array Vizconde's Avatar

I for one lose it sometimes in the middle of a morph. In general however it is not an absolute loss rather a temporary blip. It acts as a warning light. Generally there are 3 valid options when this happens.*

1) focus more strength/willpower in maintaining the morph
    2) eject/don't stay the course
    3) switch roles/switch courses in mid stream/more extreme switches are often better in that it confuses the target(s). Also subtle and intricate role modifications are much more difficult in times of weakness when the emperor's(your) clothes suddenly vanish. Taking on a new roll may also be easier/more fun than another particular taxing role which is causing you to wane or otherwise not giving you what you want from the interaction .

* other options are available but most of them are either invalid, ineffective or merely a modification of the above 3
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    again with the intp ego ?
    Oh it's hardly ego

Imagine finding it so hard to fit in that you literally mimic those around you rather than being yourself

Back in high school my mirroring was ridiculous, I was so far into some "ESTP" character I was putting out that people believed that's who I actually was

People only liked me cause of the mirror, as soon as my introversion ran out of "social voodoo juice" it was back to being relatively unliked

These days I try to be myself but often I'll catch myself saying the same phrases and doing the same body language as those around me

It's a sort of defense mechanism for me, not many people like the real me and I worked that out quickly

^ Regardless of types and type reasoning, I was like that exactly as a teenager until about high school. Then I just didn't care anymore and all the friends I had, wondered why. It was all a game I didn't want to play anymore; that's why. Being somebody is a chore.