User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    This is an interesting point. INTPs are not easily influenced by others because they tend to have a clear idea of who they are and are detached from emotion. Fs often mimic others because they dont know who they are, (as they have not thought through such a matter) and are easily emotionally influenced.

uh...you don't know what the hell you're talking about bluewing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    uh...you don't know what the hell you're talking about bluewing.
    Secondeded.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah...the thing is. is that i do know who i am and when i meet other people i automatically connect those parts in which we are similar...that's how i connect...i'm not pretending or being influenced by them. i'm relating to them.

also...i should add that i don't hide the parts that are dissimilar and quite expect them to be accepted as i do them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm conflicted about the chameleon thing. I think I'm fairly stubborn and act the way I want to act in most situations. I think I'm often aware of what I could do or change in a certain situation to mimic or adapt to something, but I often just don't.

MBTI
    INTP

Personally, I find that sometimes I start talking and using the same mannerisms as the people around me if I am in an extroverted frame of mind, but it never happens if I am feeling rather insular or fed up and tired of extroverting. I used to think that accidently imitating people that are around you was something that everyone does, but since I read it in the INTP description I have realised maybe this is not as common as I thought. For me, this chameleon behaviour is never put on and planned, it just happens without me realising it. I can also see how it could be a defense mechanism, so that we don't stand out too much.

I am curious to know whether every type with extraverted intuition chameleons their behaviour in this manner. I have a theory that types with extroverted intuition as their dominant function would use it to understand people and learn from them, whereas introverts with extraverted intuition would mainly use it as a defense mechanism to get by in unfamiliar social situations.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post
    Personally, I find that sometimes I start talking and using the same mannerisms as the people around me if I am in an extroverted frame of mind, but it never happens if I am feeling rather insular or fed up and tired of extroverting. I used to think that accidently imitating people that are around you was something that everyone does, but since I read it in the INTP description I have realised maybe this is not as common as I thought. For me, this chameleon behaviour is never put on and planned, it just happens without me realising it. I can also see how it could be a defense mechanism, so that we don't stand out too much.

I am curious to know whether every type with extraverted intuition chameleons their behaviour in this manner. I have a theory that types with extroverted intuition as their dominant function would use it to understand people and learn from them, whereas introverts with extraverted intuition would mainly use it as a defense mechanism to get by in unfamiliar social situations.

I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post

This makes sense to me.
    Something Witty

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I disagree with the Ne hypothesis, being that I've witnessed some ISxP compulsive mimicry too.

MBTI
    ENFP

I disagree, whenever I see a INTP try to act "ghetto" when in reality he is a nerd, I laugh inside and then victimize them make them do stuff for me. I love socionics and mbti, it helps me control those NT NF types.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    I disagree, whenever I see a INTP try to act "ghetto" when in reality he is a nerd, I laugh inside and then victimize them make them do stuff for me. I love socionics and mbti, it helps me control those NT NF types.
    Whaaa? So If I were acting "ghetto", would you *attempt* to do the same with me?