User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 73

  1. #51
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    This is an interesting point. INTPs are not easily influenced by others because they tend to have a clear idea of who they are and are detached from emotion. Fs often mimic others because they dont know who they are, (as they have not thought through such a matter) and are easily emotionally influenced.







    .
    uh...you don't know what the hell you're talking about bluewing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    uh...you don't know what the hell you're talking about bluewing.
    Secondeded.

  3. #53
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    yeah...the thing is. is that i do know who i am and when i meet other people i automatically connect those parts in which we are similar...that's how i connect...i'm not pretending or being influenced by them. i'm relating to them.

    also...i should add that i don't hide the parts that are dissimilar and quite expect them to be accepted as i do them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #54
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    I'm conflicted about the chameleon thing. I think I'm fairly stubborn and act the way I want to act in most situations. I think I'm often aware of what I could do or change in a certain situation to mimic or adapt to something, but I often just don't.

  5. #55
    Member SilentStream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Personally, I find that sometimes I start talking and using the same mannerisms as the people around me if I am in an extroverted frame of mind, but it never happens if I am feeling rather insular or fed up and tired of extroverting. I used to think that accidently imitating people that are around you was something that everyone does, but since I read it in the INTP description I have realised maybe this is not as common as I thought. For me, this chameleon behaviour is never put on and planned, it just happens without me realising it. I can also see how it could be a defense mechanism, so that we don't stand out too much.

    I am curious to know whether every type with extraverted intuition chameleons their behaviour in this manner. I have a theory that types with extroverted intuition as their dominant function would use it to understand people and learn from them, whereas introverts with extraverted intuition would mainly use it as a defense mechanism to get by in unfamiliar social situations.

  6. #56
    78% me Eruca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post
    Personally, I find that sometimes I start talking and using the same mannerisms as the people around me if I am in an extroverted frame of mind, but it never happens if I am feeling rather insular or fed up and tired of extroverting. I used to think that accidently imitating people that are around you was something that everyone does, but since I read it in the INTP description I have realised maybe this is not as common as I thought. For me, this chameleon behaviour is never put on and planned, it just happens without me realising it. I can also see how it could be a defense mechanism, so that we don't stand out too much.

    I am curious to know whether every type with extraverted intuition chameleons their behaviour in this manner. I have a theory that types with extroverted intuition as their dominant function would use it to understand people and learn from them, whereas introverts with extraverted intuition would mainly use it as a defense mechanism to get by in unfamiliar social situations.

    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

  7. #57
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStream View Post

    I am curious to know whether every type with extraverted intuition chameleons their behaviour in this manner. I have a theory that types with extroverted intuition as their dominant function would use it to understand people and learn from them, whereas introverts with extraverted intuition would mainly use it as a defense mechanism to get by in unfamiliar social situations.
    This makes sense to me.
    Something Witty

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    I disagree with the Ne hypothesis, being that I've witnessed some ISxP compulsive mimicry too.

  9. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I disagree, whenever I see a INTP try to act "ghetto" when in reality he is a nerd, I laugh inside and then victimize them make them do stuff for me. I love socionics and mbti, it helps me control those NT NF types.

  10. #60
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by betterthandead View Post
    I disagree, whenever I see a INTP try to act "ghetto" when in reality he is a nerd, I laugh inside and then victimize them make them do stuff for me. I love socionics and mbti, it helps me control those NT NF types.
    Whaaa? So If I were acting "ghetto", would you *attempt* to do the same with me?

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] The Ultimate INTP List
    By MerkW in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 11-17-2014, 08:43 PM
  2. [INTP] The Official INTP Haters' Thread
    By groovejet02 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 331
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:42 PM
  3. [INTP] The Unhealthy INTP
    By Oom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 12-06-2013, 01:29 AM
  4. [INTP] Chameleon INTP, and forced extroversion.
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
  5. [INTP] INTP females are you Encyclopediastic as the male INTPs?
    By Riva in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 08:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO