User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Similar to me, after watching BBC Office for a couple hours, the mannerisms, language, and even some accent slip into my language. Maybe it's just me though.
    It's some people. It's not a universal INTP trait. In fact, if you can believe this, some people who aren't INTP do this as well.

Uncanny.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You're right. I've just seen it associated with a lot of INTP profiles, so I assume it's something they generally can do.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You're right. I've just seen it associated with a lot of INTP profiles, so I assume it's something they generally can do.
    I've read that too, I just don't have the real-world other INTPs observation to claim so myself. Since I've noticed people of other types mimicking, at least two ISxPs, I don't think it can be pinned to INTPs alone.

I propose, hypothetically, it's something aligned with I and P.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

really?? not np??
    i certainly think i relate to people on their wave length...maybe the way i do it is not the same though???
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    really?? not np??
    i certainly think i relate to people on their wave length...maybe the way i do it is not the same though???
    Do you act like them? Adopt their accents, speech patterns, mannerisms, expressions, apparent moods, and levels of effusiveness?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yeah, I don't care what you think.

I was at a bar many moons ago, met a guy from England, and he told me I was speaking in an English accent before I'd even noticed.

I act like my company unless I consciously decide not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Similar to me, after watching BBC Office for a couple hours, the mannerisms, language, and even some accent slip into my language. Maybe it's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I propose, hypothetically, it's something aligned with I and P.
    Here's an example to the contrary, on both the I and P counts.

What you guys have stated pretty well describes me, too. I've got friends in a variety of circles and adapt to them accordingly, but don't feel like I compromise my identity in the process. I always thought that it was an extroverted trait since introverts have less of a need for such a malleable personality.. but I guess I'm wrong!

My ENFJ friend, whose social skills are off the charts, calls me the social chameleon. He can't get along with absolutely everybody, but he's also pretty judgmental about people. (But, to his credit, he's also a pretty good judge of who's worth associating with.)

Maybe it's just overall open-mindedness (which, yes, is probably more of a P trait) that leads people to such mimicry.. being open to ideas to the point of assimilating them subconsciously and displaying them without thinking about it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no...i don't guess i do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Here's an example to the contrary, on both the I and P counts.

What you guys have stated pretty well describes me, too. I've got friends in a variety of circles and adapt to them accordingly, but don't feel like I compromise my identity in the process. I always thought that it was an extroverted trait since introverts have less of a need for such a malleable personality.. but I guess I'm wrong!

My ENFJ friend, whose social skills are off the charts, calls me the social chameleon. He can't get along with absolutely everybody, but he's also pretty judgmental about people. (But, to his credit, he's also a pretty good judge of who's worth associating with.)

Maybe it's just overall open-mindedness (which, yes, is probably more of a P trait) that leads people to such mimicry.. being open to ideas to the point of assimilating them subconsciously and displaying them without thinking about it.
    I think you might be appropriating. Getting along with people is not mimicry. Nor empathy.

MBTI
    INTJ

Want to bet people who have this mimicry, empathy, mirroring whatever are most often TP or FJ? (And usually not TJ nor FP.)

It's Fe.

And it works best/comes out more if you do it on other people who use Fe too.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Want to bet people who have this mimicry, empathy, mirroring whatever are most often TP or FJ? (And usually not TJ nor FP.)

It's Fe.
    It's not Fe, Fe is concerned with appropriate behavior and judging/creating proper environments.

Additionally, I've never met an FJ who could compare with NP empathy. Especially proteanmix.