• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Would an INTP ever say this...

Accept

MBTI Type
TRUE
I'm debating, or trying . . . If you are saying chaos is just a name for something that is too complex to model directly at this moment in time, then I do agree.

It would have been interesting, but apparently we are in close enough agreement to negate any value of such a debate. My comment was directed to those who seem to believe, and are willing to use chaos as a final answer, rather than one of the mysteries we don't yet, and may never understand. The type that validates their personal theory as an undisputed fact supported as one more part of chaos theory. They typically avoid any use of the word theory.

Perhaps some future thread will allow us to debate from opposing viewpoints, which leaves one question for now: If we agree with the original quote to some degree, and it appears we do, can I credit it to middle age or is it an acceptable response for an INTP at any age?

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
It would have been interesting, but apparently we are in close enough agreement to negate any value of such a debate. My comment was directed to those who seem to believe, and are willing to use chaos as a final answer, rather than one of the mysteries we don't yet, and may never understand. The type that validates their personal theory as an undisputed fact supported as one more part of chaos theory. They typically avoid any use of the word theory.

Perhaps some future thread will allow us to debate from opposing viewpoints, which leaves one question for now: If we agree with the original quote to some degree, and it appears we do, can I credit it to middle age or is it an acceptable response for an INTP at any age?

I just want something interesting to debate, anything!!

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
My position is that the INTPs who think they're Ti dominant are wrong, as I was years ago when I believed it.
I'd challenge you to prove that theory with myself bucko. I'm Ti all over the place and INTP fer sure.

Perhaps you're dealing with more pretenders than you thought?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
perhaps when he's middle-aged?

"…one increasingly feels the need for some kind of order among the chaotic multiplicity of points of view."

Absolutely. It indicates a want to make sense of things, an awareness of the sheer chaos of possibilities. Both indicate a more P type perspective than a J. If it were J I'd expect more indication of need to organise and more displeasure at the refusal of things to sit in order.

A search for truth is like a search for order, just order spreading from one central point. It's fallacy anyway to think that an INTP is disorganised. We're just not organised in an extraverted thinkers kind of way. Internally we make so much more sense.... I think :thinking:

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
My position is that the INTPs who think they're Ti dominant are wrong, as I was years ago when I believed it.

What is with the generalization?... What makes us "wrong", and why?

I have reason to believe that my Ti can be off the chart at times, and not because of what the MBTI says... Others have told me that I think quite a lot, and deeply... I'm always somewhere in my head problem solving.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
What is with the generalization?... What makes us "wrong", and why?

I have reason to believe that my Ti can be off the chart at times, and not because of what the MBTI says... Others have told me that I think quite a lot, and deeply... I'm always somewhere in my head problem solving.
Misconception of what Ti is. Contemplation is just as easily Ni as Jung described it. The pop definitions aren't true to the originals. Shame.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Misconception of what Ti is. Contemplation is just as easily Ni as Jung described it. The pop definitions aren't true to the originals. Shame.

Well, you said yourself, Jung is "too much of a wackjob". So, who is right, me or a wackjob?... :shock:

Surely I know how my head works more then he does...

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, you said yourself, Jung is "too much of a wackjob". So, who is right, me or a wackjob?... :shock:
It's one of several problems, isn't it. He invented the concepts, so he decides what they mean.

When you appropriate Ti for the INTP, and redefine it to fit, you create problems both on principle (It's not Ti anymore) and execution (You're not explaining ISTPs equally well.) Knock it off.