User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Default INTPs and loneliness

INFP forum, regarding INTPs:

... with nobody to relate to and nobody who seems willing or capable to understand them or validate their ideas they can develop a penetrating sense of loneliness or lack of self worth.
    Are INTPs more prone to loneliness than other types? Why? What should INTPs do to feel less lonely?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I'd say INTPs are midway on the scale, offhand. Extroverts get lonely a lot faster.

The above quote is occasionally true, but for an INFP to consider it standard is just projection.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

At first, I think we are more resistant to loneliness, which eventually can bring on actual loneliness.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm too busy mentally to be lonely. And it feels like I'm always surrounded by people. In my experience, alone time equals loneliness to F types.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I think our enjoyment of solitude lessens the possibility of loneliness. An entire weekend with no human contact is something I look forward to. I suspect a more extroverted type would get lonely were he forced to do so.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think different types get lonely in different contexts and for different reasons, as others have described here. The question is hard to answer unless one qualifies it a great deal more.\

I usually feel lonely, even though I enjoy being alone.
    (If that makes any sense.)

I enjoy not having my physical freedom imposed on and I enjoy being autonomous.
    I hate not feeling understood (imo) by much of the world; that's the thing that leaves me feeling lonely. I also miss not having someone just to put my arms around or to do the same for me; it would be nice having someone physically nearby sometimes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Yea... it gets pretty lonely at times :-/ . Even I have my limits of solitude time. I'd agree that extroverts get lonelier much faster in the absence of people to interact with. My brother moved in with me, and went crazy with cabin fever in a matter of days. This place sucks balls, but I really cant blame my loneliness on anyone but myself in the end.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Depends on how you define lonely. I personally enjoy the loneliness I get. It not rare for me to completely phaze out all of social interactions for a week or so for no real reason. I just hate being around people for the most part.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    At first, I think we are more resistant to loneliness, which eventually can bring on actual loneliness.
    Well, yeah. I like having about 2-3 regular associates to hang around with, and if one moves away or something, it's a jolt. Which has happened to me an inordinate amount of times. A safe estimate is that five of my best friends since I was five have moved away.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Well, yeah. I like having about 2-3 regular associates to hang around with, and if one moves away or something, it's a jolt. Which has happened to me an inordinate amount of times. A safe estimate is that five of my best friends since I was five have moved away.
    Yeah same.