User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Default Do you agree: NT searches for identity? How alike or different from NF's?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    I can relation to the personal search thing....maybe it's a little different. I guess I look at me and what I am and try to improve it. It's still a personal search, but with a different aim, thus I can relate.
    Welcome.

NF The NF must be authentic. they seek self-actualization in identity and unity in relationships. The search for the true unique self is the lifelong process of becoming.

How is your NT identity important? What is important to you? Do you think more often about your own self-knowledge/ how you see yourself, or communicating competency (or something else) to others?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    NF The NF must be authentic. they seek self-actualization in identity and unity in relationships. The search for the true unique self is the lifelong process of becoming.

How is your NT identity important? What is important to you? Do you think more often about your own self-knowledge/ how you see yourself, or communicating competency (or something else) to others?
    Integrity is among my top priorities, but I don't have to search for it. It's already present, and all I need do is follow my own rules.

Therefore, in practice, this integrity isn't often apparent, because I don't have to think about it. I concentrate on deciphering causes and recognizing trends and patterns most of the time, which is an objective pursuit.

The NT often seems cold because his values are not open to change, and rarely is there a desire to make them obvious to others.

MBTI
    nnnn

I've never felt like I was in search of an identity.

I am what I am inside even though I can't define it. I might attempt to present myself differently to others, but that's not touching the core.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was always in search of an identity but for many years I sought to derive it outside myself and would ignore my own feelings and values -- it was always a rationalized identity. It had to be calculated from all data present, NOT just drawn from some inner wellspring.

I think the journey was always more impersonal too, in some sense. I wanted to figure out who and what I was, just as I wanted to understand who and what everything else was -- I wanted to understand the definition and essence of everything.

I feel like Fi is much more personal in nature than Ti, and there's a sense of "being true to me" whereas for me it was more about "being true to my definition"... that impersonalized sense of me that I could derive from everything around me and what role I played in the equation.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ

What the hell is identity?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    I seek to understand others and be understood by others. That search helps me understand myself.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    What the hell is identity?
    A movie with Ray Liotta and that fat guy with the shifty eyes.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ

I was deeply involved with an NT, for many years. In hindsight, she took much identity from the relationship, which wasn't the best thing --- and had done so in her previous relationship, and again in the relationship she entered after we parted.

I haven't known enough NTs intimately to know if she was typical or an exception, where identity was concerned ...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Integrity is among my top priorities, but I don't have to search for it. It's already present, and all I need do is follow my own rules.

Therefore, in practice, this integrity isn't often apparent, because I don't have to think about it. I concentrate on deciphering causes and recognizing trends and patterns most of the time, which is an objective pursuit.

The NT often seems cold because his values are not open to change, and rarely is there a desire to make them obvious to others.
    + $1,000.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

No, I've never understood the search for identity. It is meaningless to me. I may as well search for my hand. Oh, it's at the end of my arm. Ok then. Job done.

I don't think NFs and NTs are at all alike in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.