• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] "Why do you hate me?"

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sigh... parents. It really sucks when you have to be more adult than they are.

Using your answer above is a viable (and commendable) option, but it will only work if they are looking for an honest answer. Sadly, someone that asks a manipulative and loaded question like that is probably not looking for an honest answer.

I agree with asking "why do you think I hate you?" or "why are you asking me that?" You'll either get something semi-constructive (you don't do what I ask you to), he'll attack you personally and unconstructively (you go out of your way to embarrass the family), or he won't acknowledge or answer your question.

If it's the first one, you may have hope of at least making things a bit better. If it's either of the latter two, then the other advice in this thread may prove helpful.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
A lot of times when I tell people the truth they get all upset and butthurt even if they asked for it in the first place.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
"I don't hate you at all
what are you talking about?
what made you to say such things"

-> Response...

"oh really? i think its more of my usual habit.. (excuse)"

is what i would say. esp if i dont like the person very much.