First 234

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Seriously, cut your losses. You don't need ppl like that in your life.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Deleted last post, WRONG THREAD! lol

MBTI
    ENTP

you what Jack?

edit - oh, haha, I see
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Seriously, cut your losses. You don't need ppl like that in your life.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    you what Jack?
    I think iSpy slipped, I clicked on the wrong thread and thought that post was about something entirely different. So, never mind, carry on!

The time came and he forgot, but I let it go, gave him the money, and was stuck with another year of a useless email account.

I was surprised as I had completely forgotten

So in fact, I suspect that it was simply that he forgot to either cancel it or remind me and my mom, and is now using the 'it wasn't my responsibility' ruse to absolve himself of blame.

What do you think? Am I unreasonable to feel conned?
    So, he forgot. Then you forgot. Then he forgot.

about the account and at the time the bill came in, he didn't tell me a word about it or check with me, before renewing my domain. I didn't even know until I found out this evening that I'm stuck with it for another year.
    You knew that the account was becoming a burden. So, when this happened:
    But he kept the financial administration (ie bills!) as going to his email address.
    ...why didn't you just ask him to transfer the bills to your account? And take on the responsibility for all managament of the account (including its cancellation) on yourself?

My brother holds that he's blameless because, as he says, he gave us the passwords and it was up to us to cancel the accounts if we wanted to
    He has a point. If it was that much of a burden to you, then, your forgetting is more of a point than his forgetting...as it is YOUR account.

If you want something done right, do it yourself. Otherwise, I don't think it's honourable to complain when you've failed to take actions at key points during the evolution of this situation.

It seems to me, you both are playing the victim card and shuffling the blame on the other, because neither of you want to admit that it all could have simply been avoided if forgetfulness didn't occur (on either of your parts).

MBTI
    ENTP

Ummm, as pointed out, it wasn't MY account, it was my mom's account, and I couldn't just take control of it because a lot of other people were involved and would want to know why me, since half of them are people I don't know.

I have taken actions at the key points, the only action I could take was to ask the person in control of the account to do something and then remind them several times. As I explained, it wasn't possible for me to do it myself. The only reason I forgot about it later was because I assumed he had done what he said he would do, and so put what I thought was a defunct and closed account, out of my mind.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

The only reason I forgot about it later was because I assumed he had done what he said he would do, and so put what I thought was a defunct and closed account, out of my mind.
    Why would you assume this the second time around, when you said that he forgot the first time around, and that you 'let it go' that time?

MBTI
    INTJ

Geez, I've just spent the last hour on the host's website and still haven't found out how to cancel!!

What I have found out though is that the account resembles what mom and I agreed to years ago very little indeed!

What started out as mom and I paying for just our domains and extras, paid from my bro's bank account, now has been put into my step dad's name (texted him, he didn't know), it has several other domains and packages added to it involving names I recognize from my bro's social circle, it's paid for by one of his friend's credit cards... and nowhere on any of it is my brother involved EXCEPT as the contact email address for the bills to be sent to.

Does that smell fishy or WHAT???
    So at this point it IS looking like you've been conned.
    It was inconsiderate of your brother to not pay you back for the food.
    He doesn't appear to be a person of his word.