User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    I don't want from time to time...I want forever! You know "happily ever after"? If that is possible with your type.
    I would just advise against using the words "forever" and "long-term" around him, and you'll have a shot.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Maybe for the ladies. But as far as I'm concerned, extreme persistence is indicative of genuine desire. If a girl who showed interest in me started "playing the long game" I'd lose interest pretty quick. You've got to stay in my face or I'll forget you're alive.
    While that all may be true for most INTPs, the problem is that he knows how she feels already, and is nonplussed.

MBTI
    InfP

Maybe for the ladies. But as far as I'm concerned, extreme persistence is indicative of genuine desire. If a girl who showed interest in me started "playing the long game" I'd lose interest pretty quick. You've got to stay in my face or I'll forget you're alive.

A friend who is dating an INTJ played long game per advice of other INTJs. Is it different with INTPs then?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

This guy has already shown his colours when she showed her hand. He's not into desperation/neediness.
    Most of us aren't into being "dragged" anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

A friend who is dating an INTJ played long game per advice of other INTJs. Is it different with INTPs then?
    It's different for me, and I'm an INTP. So...it might be just me, or it may be an INTP thing. Not really sure. I'm usually very self absorbed in my own interests to waste time chasing after a girl who can't make up her mind/doesn't show me she knows what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    This guy has already shown his colours when she showed her hand. He's not into desperation/neediness.
    Most of us aren't into being "dragged" anywhere.
    That's fine, neither am I. Coming to get me shows me confidence in what you want. Not neediness or desperation. If he refuses this tactic than I can genuinely say with certainty he is not interested, although I'd take that position now with 95% certainty with what I've heard so far. But she seems persistent, so I'm offering what would work for me.

MBTI
    InfP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    While that all may be true for most INTPs, the problem is that he knows how she feels already, and is nonplussed.
    Then why is he writing again. I started moving on and now he is talking to me again. My experience with guys is you never hear from them again. I'm afraid to confront him for fear he will run back to his cave. He is extremely shy. He's so cute! Plus I never used those words "forever" or even the "L" word..god forbid.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Then why is he writing again. I started moving on and now he is talking to me again. My experience with guys is you never hear from them again. I'm afraid to confront him for fear he will run back to his cave. He is extremely shy. He's so cute! Plus I never used those words "forever" or even the "L" word..god forbid.
    I would bet the cash that he's worried he was insensitive previously, and is being a nice guy, or trying to. INTPs are rather awful at being nice.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I would bet the cash that he's worried he was insensitive previously, and is being a nice guy, or trying to. INTPs are rather awful at being nice.
    I'd take that bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so...casual conversation at this point doesn't convey interest?
    what would?
    i'm just trying to be helpful...because i've got nothing else to do...haha

MBTI
    InfP

You think he is just feeling guilty? Not really interested in picking up where we started? I'd rather not hear from him. :steam: