User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 192

  1. #11
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Oh yeah I forgot to mention... I took my INTP's friend's advice on selling the car's parts and I actually got a very nice profit, and I did notice how I had more money from not having to drive. I think INTPs get very happy when their logic prevails in a situation.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  2. #12
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    2 words: Move On.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    I have been involved with an INTp for the last 4 months. We met on line and communicate primarily through emails. We have met a few times in person, since I live in another state.

    I am an InFP. This is my first INTp and I have read many articles on his personality type. Just when I think I understand him, I am baffled once again by his behaviors. I don't know if he likes me more than friends. I only know that I am "in love" with him.

    How would a typical INTp show their love or affection? I am ready to move on but something tells me don't give up hope.
    I was going to say, in response to this "I'm in love with an INTp" business, "It'll pass." Then I noticed the last sentence of your post.

    "It passed. Move on."

  4. #14
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    So wait... You say you have already moved on? What are you afraid of in leaving him? I have done this before, held on to a bad relationship in hoping that it would turn out ok. It doesn't usually.

    We don't know enough to fully assess the situation, but why do you think you have moved on from him? You are giving this a shot, so you obviously really haven't moved on.

    Care to explain?
    Last edited by BlackCat; 01-08-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: ninja edit, misread something
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Any type-type combination is possible, come on now.
    Not "You" and "This other person." These types are incompatible.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    143

    Default

    To be honest, I have screwed up a number of dates and courtships because I wasn't sending the right signals or flirting. I've since gotten better, but to withdraw within oneself is a self-defense mechanism. I don't like to be figured out and it's hard for me to put my feelings and emotions out there for viewing pleasure.

    When I like someone, I try to make conversation. I laugh and joke, and flirt, but my body language doesn't always match up. I like aggressive women and extroverted women partly because it helps compensate for my lack of general assertiveness. While I have liked several introverts in the past, sometimes it's hard for both of us to send the right signals/ do the right mating dance to begin to initiate any form of intimacy.

    Do you drink? Does he drink? Could that loosen him up a bit? I know I get a bit more relaxed with a few glasses of wine or beers.

    Try some playful flirting. While walking somewhere, hip check him into something and see how he responds. Play card games like Slaps and let your hand linger a bit on his. With an INTP, I think it's best to provoke a response rather than waiting for them to initiate one.

  7. #17
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Not "You" and "This other person." These types are incompatible.
    Ah crap... Caught my post I ninja edited. I misread her post, I overlooked that she thinks she has moved on.

    I honestly am not too sure what you are trying to say here.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  8. #18
    o edward cullen! Ardea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    That doesn't help her to know what the INTP's feelings are about her or how he would show affection.
    No, but it'll help her get into his head.

    If he wants this, chances are he'll give this. amiright?

    It's background info. It might lead her to draw a conclusion about him.



    To OP: Either way, don't spend your time getting caught up on one guy. If he likes you, he'll do something about it. If he doesn't, then it's his loss. Don't sit around and wait for a guy. If he's a man, he'll get up and move.

    It's that special place - indifference meets hope...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Ah crap... Caught my post I ninja edited. I misread her post, I overlooked that she thinks she has moved on.
    Okay. INTP-INFP relationships are hard to get flying, and once you land (or crash), you're never getting it back in the air. There's just not enough reason to.
    I honestly am not too sure what you are trying to say here.
    Welcome to Earth then.

  10. #20
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    I can agree with you on this one Jack. INTPs make great friends (and I mean great!), but I think I would get bored in a relationship because of the similarities.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] In love with an INTP friend
    By ENFPBB in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 03:16 AM
  2. Could you fall in love with an INTJ?
    By maydelle in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 09:02 PM
  3. [INFJ] Help! I think I'm in love with an unhealthy INFJ
    By Strawberrylover in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 04:35 AM
  4. [ENFJ] Was/is in love with an ENFJ.. can't understand how he feels, help!
    By sarahd242 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 07:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO