• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs and pop culture

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Television

Falcarius hardly watches television these day, so much so the one in his bedroom only works in purple on BBC One without any sound.:laugh: He keeps it to remind himself when he was broke and how he never want to be broke again.

He watches documentaries and political/current affair programs mainly when he does as half of the stuff on television is rubbish; seriously what the hell is the deal with that reality television rubbish?

Films

Falcarius has like a complete utter disdain for films. He only owns way more documentaries than films; he only owns one film on DVD, Pan's Labyrinth. Not to mention, these days he would never ever go to the cinema out of choice, he hates being made to go to the cinema with a passion, whenever he does go to one he seems to fall asleep half the time anyway. Most of the films he would watch out of choice, he probably does not even rate, but rather likes for sentimental reasons. :blush:

He thinks it is because films are far too predictable, and he would rather read a book and imagination the story in his head.

Books

Falcarius reads book a lot, so much so he has a massive pile of both fiction and non-fiction books in his bedroom to read. Anything from philosophical, thriller, political, to crime fiction in regards to fiction. As for non-fiction, any autobiographies about people Falcarius finds interesting, history, philosophy, political, science book he finds that seem interesting in second-hand book shops.

The easiest way to make Falcarius happy is to just give him a book that he has not read, which is preferably not any science fiction books as they seem to be full of too many clichés.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Haha you NTs have much more of a stomach toward stuff like horror and shockers, my INTP friend took me to see saw 3 and I literally ran out in the first 15 minutes. It was horrible and I had nightmares about it. :sad:

I'm not sure. I'm very sensitive to horror films, I tend to remain very anxious whenever I see one. I generally avoid them, since they do give me nightmares. It's funny how some of my friends that are much more afraid of RL things than me, are absolutely not afraid of horror films.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Was I the only who considered the saw series to be a comedy?

SilentStream

MBTI Type
INTP
TV: I like House, Friends re-reruns, The Mentalist (such an NF show), Malcom in the MIddle, an architect show called 'Grand Designs', historical, science and social psychology documentaries, true crime shows, around the world cooking and traveling shows such as 'Food Safari', Grumpy Old Men/Women, and I like watching classic novels that are made into series or TV films such as: Jane Austen, E.M.Forster, George Eliot and Charles Dickens. I also really enjoy re-runs of old 70s english sit-coms like 'George and Mildred.'

Films: I'm really into watching films from the 30s and 40s at the moment - I've got a stack from the library and I watch one almost every night - mainly because I'm curious because I havn't seen many before; btw don't ever watch a musical called 'Funny Face' with Audrey Hepburn, it's terrible :cry:.

Music: I don't really listen to music much lately. But if I had to choose I would say I like the Eagles, The John Butler Trio, Bernard Fanning, The Waifs, Fleetwood Mac, The Who, Within Temptation, Wolfmother and Missy Higgins.

Books: I really like reading the classics especially 19th century english classics. I'm also fond of historical novels and romances such as Georgette Heyer. I don't often read contemporary fiction, it's too hit-and-miss for quality. And I don't really like Science-Fiction and Fantasy novels, although I do like them made into films.

Last edited:

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
TV: i love House too! its so addicting >.<
i dont watch too many shows. usually i watch FX, TNT, spike tv, history/discovery channel. sometimes i'll watch celeb gossip shows like The Soup or VH1 because the people on it are so funny/witty

films: i usually go for action. i like stuff that has cops in it or some sort of investigation going on. i like vampire movies, too.

music: i listen to just about everything but i mostly listen to 60's-70's stuff.

books vary from vampire novels to romance novels to astrology or stuff like that. i dont read too many books, id rather read stuff online.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
TV: i love House too! its so addicting >.<
i dont watch too many shows. usually i watch FX, TNT, spike tv, history/discovery channel. sometimes i'll watch celeb gossip shows like The Soup or VH1 because the people on it are so funny/witty.
How do you decide which channel to watch, like OMG?!

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ
For all of you that almost exclusively watch documentaries/read non-fiction: what are your types? I could never do that. I'm thinking it's partly to do with my INTJ-ness. I'm very, very, very into fiction with my dominant function being introverted intuition. I have to feed my imagination with fiction or I get bogged down. Anyway, not putting down documentaries or non-fiction. I love them occasionally. Just wondering if liking that stuff a lot is an ENTP/ENTJ thing.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like sci-fi and fantasy, and comedy (provided it's funny... I like absurd stuff especially). I also often like a lot of historical stuff.... that's kind of like fantasy and sci-fi in that you're traveling to a different world. Also I like movies with a lot of quirk and a unique style. Like Wes Anderson or Michel Gondry. Ya know, twee hipster shit.

TV tends to follow the same pattern as comedy. I liked Parks and Rec a lot (and for some reason find myself incredibly attracted to April Ludgate), and Community. Kimmy Schmidt was good, although I'm not sure how much longer they can keep up the steam with that. Game of Thrones, Westworld, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly.

Overall I have a strong preference for comedy unless it has aliens or robots or dragons or even feels slightly otherworldy in some way. Or maybe if it features somebody in an interesting job, like The Young Pope, although I suppose you could fit that under the umbrella of being slightly otherworldly. Nothing mundane or commonplace about being the Pope.

Litsnob

It's difficult for me to say I like one genre or another because for just about any genre I will have likes and dislikes. I can best describe it as what I tend to like. I tend to like sci-fi, fantasy, psychological thrillers, black humour, satire, spoof and documentaries on any subject that interests me. I am picky about drama and generally want a comedy-drama mix and it needs to be quite clever.

I don't have any television or netflix or digital whatevers though if I hear about something that sounds appealing I might search for it on the internet. I have troubles sticking to an an entire series.

I am more inclined to watch a movie drama as it ends sooner than a television series does.