User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

TV: I prefer series with story arc focus, strong characters and psychological focus. I am a sucker for highly intelligent characters. My absolute favorite series are Battlestar Galactica, Dexter and Prison Break (two first seasons). I would also like to mention the anime Death Note. I have a broad taste though, and I have seen all episodes of for example Sex and the City, Grey's Anatomy, Gilmore Girls... Strong series as well. Not a fan of crime series though, but that could just be a language thing, I find them difficult to follow without subtitles.

Movies: Very broad taste. Again a sucker for intelligent characters though, so among my very favorite movies are Amadeus and Good Will Hunting. I usually prefer modern movies though, although I just recently saw Psycho and Rear Window by Hitchcock, both of which were brilliant, and very psychological, to my taste. It's almost easier to ask what I don't like, and I guess I am not a huge action fan. Of course I love many action movies, but action without the psychological element being quite prominent is usually boring. The Godfather I & II are among my absolute favorite movies, but otherwise I am not too fond of mafia films, and I wasn't particularly impressed by Goodfellas, for example. A few unmentioned favorites are Léon, American Beauty, Amélie, Requiem for a Dream, Pan's Labyrinth, Oldboy, Kill Bill, Little Miss Sunshine, Before Sunrise/Sunset, WALL·E, Fight Club, The Silence of the Lambs, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump, A Clockwork Orange, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Sin City, V for Vendetta, Mononoke-hime, Edward Scissorhands. There is just too much, isn't there?

Books: Not huge on reading, but mostly some sci-fi and fantasy.
    "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadé Mozart

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII?

I most enjoy the thought-provoking science-fiction type, as well as good mysteries.

MBTI
    INxJ

TV: I prefer shows that focus on reaching a conclusion (plot driven), as opposed to dynamics of interpersonal relationships (character driven). I rarely watch this form of media, consistently. Yet, I've seen all of House so far.

Movies: Harry Potter to Fight Club. I have varied taste here.

Books: Anything I'm interested in. No discernible pattern. I primarily read to learn.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I get some sort of joy out of watching Law and Order for some odd reason... I think that it comes from the whole justice aspect of seeing someone actually get in trouble for thier crimes
    Me too

My safety switch blew about a month ago taking all my electronics with it into the melted abyss, haven’t bothered to hook up a spare TV I have since that’s how much I care about watching it. I have however been unable to wait for compensation in regards to my CD player, that was replaced pretty quickly. When I do bother with TV I prefer to watch comedy, Si-Fi or crime series with movies I like suspense thrillers, classics or comedy. Haven’t found a good book in a while but I like mystery/fantasy (and no, not that kind) or the classics.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm especially fond of French movies (even though I don't speak French), and world cinema in general, such as Iranian movies. Serious topics interest me -- abortion, war, homosexuality, etc.

I have an almost-debilitating infatuation on Mlle Deneuve, and love her amazing body of work such as The Last Metro (by Francois Truffaut), Les Voleurs (Andre Techine), My Favorite Season (again, Techine)

I'm one of the few INTPs who hates science fiction.

I love reality reflected in cinema more than anything, which also shows in my penchant for documentaries.

I don't really watch television, unless it's for news (Al Jazeera English is tops in my book), BBC and all that -- again, documentaries. I used to watch a bunch of junk such as ANTM and E! -- and sometimes I fall into lapses -- but I've mostly kicked that habit. The Sopranos and Six Feet Under are rare examples of television brilliance, but that was HBO anyway, not exactly the trashy, pedestrian stuff.

I used to pride myself in being a ferocious reader but now my reading habits has slacked a little. But, I love feminist titles and recently, to kick my reading habit back into gear, I purchased Naomi Klein's 'The Shock Doctrine' and Carl Jung's 'Man and His Symbols'.

My taste in music covers the classic fundamentals (Beatles, Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground, The Kinks, etc) to the "postmodern" (Bjork) to the cheesy hits of the sixties such as The Ronettes and The Beach Boys.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

After reading some of these I'm even more convinced that I'm NF Way to undermine.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Fiction in movies
    Realism/reality in books
    Anything really good on TV or music.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Movies: Hm, I think I mostly enjoy all those action-genres. Also thriller / drama, horror. Comedy can be entertaining too.
    The problem is that lately, whenever I wanted to watch a movie, I have become bored sometimes, because the movie was quite "dull" and I could exactly tell how it would continue and end. That spoiled the fun quite a bit.

Books: I like all the books that teach you something. Mostly psychology or fact books / specialized books. Whatever can teach me something new and will make me think.
    However, I do have a very few fiction ones. Mostly books from tv shows I like(d) or so.

TV Series: Heh, yeah this is easy. The ones I like are about real life problems mixed with some other stuff. If I take Scrubs as an example, we have "real life meets hospital". I always like how they show everything from JDs view and how he always uses some sayings or something in the end. Often I just sit there and go "Oh, yeah I know that". It is very interesting for me to see how "others" deal with problems; especially if it is problems I also had or have.
    Then we got Supernatural (real life meets mythology, hoodoo etc and family), Malcolm in the middle (real life meets chaos, comedy and family), Charmed (again: real life meets mythology and family), Moonlight (guess: real life meets mythology)...you get the idea.

All in all I can say that it is mostly stuff that either teaches me something or shows problems I had or currently have. It is some sort of inspiration. It all makes me think a lot.
    Oh and I am not too much into superrandom stuff. You know, where you sit there in the end and go "Okay so...what was the sense here again?"

Now I can't tell how INTJ-typical this is. but who cares.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INT-

Movies: Very broad, as long as the story is interesting and the acting isn't god-awful, I can sit through it.

TV: Comedy and Sports mostly.

Books: I can count on my digits how many fictional books I've read in my lifetime.

Music: Absolutely everything (almost), music is my passion!

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Even Celine Dion ?