User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Poussin View Post
    My passions (if I can be said to have them)
    INTP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I actually find half of the subjects and hobbies of the textbook INTP either boring or just plain hard.

Maths: D grade.
    Science: I failed biology, the easiest of the three sciences.
    IT: My ESTP brother had to help me with my coursework in order to pass.
    Law: Thought about taking it, then realised the course sounded dull.
    Chess: I don't think I've ever won a game.

The only subjects I'm good at are English language and literature (but I dislike the latter). I'm probably just an example of a dumb INTP.

Edit: Having said that, I enjoyed biology; I just never seemed to get a decent grade in the exam. Plus, our coursework was about osmosis in potatoes. How can anyone find the motivation to do something so exhilirating?
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    INTP

I initially read profiles etc. which didn't seem so fixed on the mathematical/scientific- ness but reading more it's being stressed more. And given my tendancy to second guess myself, it's kind of making me dismiss what I thought fitted best. But the whole thing is basically going in circles anyway.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Poussin View Post
    And given my tendancy to second guess myself, it's kind of making me dismiss what I thought fitted best. But the whole thing is basically going in circles anyway.
    That happened to me, too, but then I found that my first guess was the correct one. No description will fit you 100%, and you might identify with others as you're thrust into different life circumstances that warrant the use of other cognitive functions.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Nobody obliges you to be interested in anything particular. An INTp might apply his INTp skills to graphic design, language, fashion, whatever.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP

my experience with ENTJs is that many like math and business, but have little interest in science, while INTPs like math and science, but have little interest in business, outside of what they think they need to understand to keep their bosses happy

still, just because you don't like either doesn't mean you're not INTP, interest in specific fields obviously will depend on individual experiences

Either way, ENTPs show our superiority again by understanding math, science, and having the business sense to put it all together!

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Nobody obliges you to be interested in anything particular. An INTp might apply his INTp skills to graphic design, language, fashion, whatever.
    Yeah, that. Also consider there's larger factors than personality theory that determine what you enjoy, such as your culture, community, and what your parents liked to study.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTp

I like everything, and I mean everything. See my signature below, after the disclaimer.

I will admit though, I am a biochemist with heavy physics background, so rule as you may with that observation.
    Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty.

"If you go looking for something in particular, your chances of finding it are very bad, because of all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. If you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very good, because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some of them."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hard sciences is about the only field of academics I really can't stand. That and literary analyses.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Hard sciences is about the only field of academics I really can't stand. That and literary analyses.
    My thoughts exactly. The last science class I even partially enjoyed was physics, and that's because I got to take the one without the lab (with all the other non-physics majors). I really don't enjoy labs.

I kind of liked math when I was younger, mostly because the classes were predictable and basically standardized. Then I decided that it was irrelevant to my interests and stopped caring about my grade in the class. This has resulted in my present ineptitude at calculus (got a C in undergrad).

Like you, Pouissan, I enjoy languages. It's the only thing I won any award for in high school (while all the others in the smarty pants group had a bunch).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness