• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP simple or complex

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Title says it*all. Are INTP in your simple ot complex people in general?
I'm curious because several people say i'm complex whereas a few, including my sister who admitedly knows me better than any one else) says i'm very simple. Also type descriptions say NTP types in general are very complex but some say they are simple as well.

Thank You! :newwink:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Title says it*all. Are INTP in your simple ot complex people in general?
I'm curious because several people say i'm complex whereas a few, including my sister who admitedly knows me better than any one else) says i'm very simple. Also type descriptions say NTP types in general are very complex but some say they are simple as well.

Thank You! :newwink:
Is your sister older than you? There's a tendency to remember how useless people were when they were children.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I think all types are complex people in general. Also, I find that opposite dominant types might think the others are complex simply because we cannot envision ourselves living/behaving that way. I think about ENFPs and ESTJs and think they're immensely complex, simply because of fact I cannot imagine perceiving and reacting to the world in the ways that they do.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Is your sister older than you? There's a tendency to remember how useless people were when they were children.

No she is 18 months younger but where more like twins to be honest.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are simple. But we have a lot of complexes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Silly.

It's not INTPs that are simple or complex in themselves -- it's the relationship between the observer and observee that makes it simple or complex.

G

garbage

No she is 18 months younger but where more like twins to be honest.

If you're like twins in your personality, too, it'd make sense that she'd think you're simple. Do you know what type she might be?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Silly.

It's not INTPs that are simple or complex in themselves -- it's the relationship between the observer and observee that makes it simple or complex.

Damn your good:D

Fs are very complex to me, I dont understand them. INTPs are not that complex to me. I have an easy time understanding NTs than Fs since we both use T.

run

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting thread.

I think it's about "in what ways are INTPs complex?"

G

garbage

I think it's about "in what ways are INTPs complex?"

To me, mostly that they're introverted and so I can't get to know them easily. There's this rich inner world of deep and entangled thoughts that they don't readily expose.

Although, aside from the sole exception of the INTJ, they're the least complex introvert in my eyes. That fact makes perfect sense to me.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I would think in my own eyes I'm pretty simple, though I think my lack of feeling and reserved manner gets misconstrued as being mysterious and complex.

93JC

I used to think I was pretty simple, but in recent years have found myself becoming more and more complex. I'm not sure whether other people find me complex or simple. When I become absorbed in something (could be anything really; work, a hobby, etc.) my mental processes are quite basic. Not a whole heck of a lot of thinking going on.

But other times I'll be caught off-guard by a rush of thoughts. A messy web of introspection. It freaks me out. I didn't get much sleep Sunday night for instance, because I couldn't shut my mind off. A flood of thoughts and feelings crushed my psyche. I'd leap from question to question to question, considering all the possible answers at once. I'm pretty flippin' complex at those times, but I don't share any of those thoughts with anyone: no one would really know whether I'm complex or not.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I guess every conjugated-complex function needs besides the imaginary part, a real part :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But other times I'll be caught off-guard by a rush of thoughts. A messy web of introspection. It freaks me out. I didn't get much sleep Sunday night for instance, because I couldn't shut my mind off. A flood of thoughts and feelings crushed my psyche. I'd leap from question to question to question, considering all the possible answers at once. I'm pretty flippin' complex at those times, but I don't share any of those thoughts with anyone: no one would really know whether I'm complex or not.

This happens to me too, usually if I'm stressed out. I don't think it's uniquely INTP though.

All humans operate from the same evolutionary/biological foundations. We are ALL highly complex beings. INTPs aren't inherently simpler or more complicated than any other type.

We are usually very private and often attracted to complexity, however. This makes us seem weirder than your average bear.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Introverts in general are more complex in that they have more blood flow and activity in the parts of brain that have to do with internal processing.

And IN-- types score higher on creative thinking tests.

As for clarity of thought, the way I perceive my thoughts and ideas is often laid in front of my in a very clear and simple way. But the thought processes themselves are still tumbling over in front of one another.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Introverts in general are more complex in that they have more blood flow and activity in the parts of brain that have to do with internal processing.
And IN-- types score higher on creative thinking tests.
Oh bull.
That's just your definition of complexity. Brains specialize according to use.

One could argue that logical thinking (the INTP obsession) is the least complex.

We can reduce it to math and get computers to do it for us, after all.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh bull.
That's just your definition of complexity.

Right, because we can't answer which type is more complex in general, we can only answer which types are more complex in regards to certain things and definitions.

For instance, extroverts have more brain activity in parts of the brain relating to sensory processing. But I don't think that was the kind of complexity the OP was talking about.