5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Interesting thread.

I think it's about "in what ways are INTPs complex?"

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by run View Post
    I think it's about "in what ways are INTPs complex?"
    To me, mostly that they're introverted and so I can't get to know them easily. There's this rich inner world of deep and entangled thoughts that they don't readily expose.

Although, aside from the sole exception of the INTJ, they're the least complex introvert in my eyes. That fact makes perfect sense to me.

MBTI
    IsTP

I would think in my own eyes I'm pretty simple, though I think my lack of feeling and reserved manner gets misconstrued as being mysterious and complex.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

I used to think I was pretty simple, but in recent years have found myself becoming more and more complex. I'm not sure whether other people find me complex or simple. When I become absorbed in something (could be anything really; work, a hobby, etc.) my mental processes are quite basic. Not a whole heck of a lot of thinking going on.

But other times I'll be caught off-guard by a rush of thoughts. A messy web of introspection. It freaks me out. I didn't get much sleep Sunday night for instance, because I couldn't shut my mind off. A flood of thoughts and feelings crushed my psyche. I'd leap from question to question to question, considering all the possible answers at once. I'm pretty flippin' complex at those times, but I don't share any of those thoughts with anyone: no one would really know whether I'm complex or not.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I guess every conjugated-complex function needs besides the imaginary part, a real part
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    But other times I'll be caught off-guard by a rush of thoughts. A messy web of introspection. It freaks me out. I didn't get much sleep Sunday night for instance, because I couldn't shut my mind off. A flood of thoughts and feelings crushed my psyche. I'd leap from question to question to question, considering all the possible answers at once. I'm pretty flippin' complex at those times, but I don't share any of those thoughts with anyone: no one would really know whether I'm complex or not.
    This happens to me too, usually if I'm stressed out. I don't think it's uniquely INTP though.

All humans operate from the same evolutionary/biological foundations. We are ALL highly complex beings. INTPs aren't inherently simpler or more complicated than any other type.

We are usually very private and often attracted to complexity, however. This makes us seem weirder than your average bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Introverts in general are more complex in that they have more blood flow and activity in the parts of brain that have to do with internal processing.

And IN-- types score higher on creative thinking tests.

As for clarity of thought, the way I perceive my thoughts and ideas is often laid in front of my in a very clear and simple way. But the thought processes themselves are still tumbling over in front of one another.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Introverts in general are more complex in that they have more blood flow and activity in the parts of brain that have to do with internal processing.
    And IN-- types score higher on creative thinking tests.
    Oh bull.
    That's just your definition of complexity. Brains specialize according to use.

One could argue that logical thinking (the INTP obsession) is the least complex.

We can reduce it to math and get computers to do it for us, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Oh bull.
    That's just your definition of complexity.
    Right, because we can't answer which type is more complex in general, we can only answer which types are more complex in regards to certain things and definitions.

For instance, extroverts have more brain activity in parts of the brain relating to sensory processing. But I don't think that was the kind of complexity the OP was talking about.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Relativity is the word you're searching for.