• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Having a little trouble right now

T

ThatGirl

Understanding what the point in learning is.

If in a months time, everything can change. And life and people fuck you over so hard (beyond your control), that every foundation you have worked so hard to maintain comes crashing down around you until your left with nothing.

I dont understand right now, what the point of learning, strategizing, fixing, going going going, is. When it seems like, learning is all you have, and your never allowed to move forward.

What is the point?

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP

I dont understand right now, what the point of learning, strategizing, fixing, going going going, is. When it seems like, learning is all you have, and your never allowed to move forward.

What is the point?

The learning of what, exactly?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
If in a months time, everything can change. And life and people fuck you over so hard (beyond your control), that every foundation you have worked so hard to maintain comes crashing down around you until your left with nothing.

If this is the case, I would argue your foundation was not stable in the first place and you should examine why that was the case.

Also, an example of how this has happened in the past would help.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
there will always be positive and negative...nothing you can do about it but to live your life afraid of and running from the negative isn't living at all...so you have to believe the opposite will be true enough to make it worth it...so keep on truckin girlie...it's just what ya do.
hamster.gif

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

What is the point?

It's a hoby of sorts I guess. I enjoy thinking.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Isn't the point of learning to know new things? With a constantly changing world brings so much more to learn. Personally, I find that thrilling, as well as daunting.

I'm not sure I was answering your question.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
What is the point of anything? Why must there be a point? What is a point / purpose?

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
It's an investment that will pay off in the future.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I spend a great deal of time learning to live with all those bothersome things with some peace of mind. In the meantime I work on accepting change and playing and doing something useful.

Then I guess I'll go ahead and die.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It's not necessarily the information that you get out of learning, but it's what you learn, from learning..if that makes sense..from basic work ethics, to social skills, to concepts of expressing love through teaching. I know what you mean, though..why learn when the world is drastically changing everyday? I find myself wondering the same thing..

heart

heart on fire
If this is the case, I would argue your foundation was not stable in the first place and you should examine why that was the case...

This assumes that we always have total control over chance circumstances.

To the OP: You didn't give enough details.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My advice is to consume less alcohol.

T

ThatGirl

*sighs..............pushes up on elbows.............gets light headed getting up........stands up straight............... stretches ...........sighs ........................................................................runs again*

Typology

MBTI Type
epyT
Enneagram
*sighs..............pushes up on elbows.............gets light headed getting up........stands up straight............... stretches ...........sighs ........................................................................runs again*

Being an ENTJ must not be working so well. Maybe it's time to switch back. :yes:

T

ThatGirl

Ok, so this actually brought another thought into my head.

How long do you generally feel defeated, before your brain can't possibly help coming up with solutions. Then once you have those solutions, you know there is nothing else you can do but apply them?

Ever just want to play dead, but damn it you cant because youre a natural fighter?

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
Ever just want to play dead, but damn it you cant because youre a natural fighter?

not generally...

i mean, for me its not so much winning for the sake of winning, but the reason of why i want to "win" is more important.

like if its for a really good reason, nothing can stop me.

but if its for a watever reason, then im like... ahh watevers. u win holmes. no biggie.

T

ThatGirl

I dont think its so much about winning as it is, survival instinct.