User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard. I'd recommend using a hierarchal model, where you pass parsed information up (essentially, following the rules from one step to the next) rather than trying to create it flat (build the rules directly upon the data).

I don't know if you clock in and out - are you entering specific times? Are they split?... and is the logic that if you work 20 hours 2 days a week, you'd get paid OT in 12 of each of those days, but if you worked 2 hours the next day, that'd be at OT? What if you worked 10 hours the next day, would it be 8 at OT and 2 at Double OT?

If you are really curious, I could probably create the spreadsheet in about 15 minutes, given those rules, and send it to you.
    I do clock in and out, and I was noting the exact times for the purposes of the spreadsheet. I'm granted an automatic half-hour (unpaid) lunch if I don't clock out at midday, but if I *do* clock out and in again for lunch I'm charged the exact amount of time that I'm gone.

There's no double OT to my knowledge. Further, though I may be in OT territory by both criteria, that doesn't increase my rate of pay over regular OT.

if you work 20 hours 2 days a week, you'd get paid OT in 12 of each of those days, but if you worked 2 hours the next day, that'd be at OT?
    That is correct.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    There's no double OT to my knowledge. Further, though I may be in OT territory by both criteria, that doesn't increase my rate of pay over regular OT.
    Ah, I see it now! That actually makes it difficult to work out a universal rule, since there are three scenarios. Hmm... I'll think on it for a bit.

(added to my blog - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...html#post33672)

MBTI
    INFJ

I generally like discussing the MBTI, (no surprise there) some comics and/or characters w/in those universes I follow, my favorite authors, my favorite music, gaming, and any other esoteric hobbies I have (which are rather myriad in nature). I like to come off unique in my prospects of interest which is why I discuss so much that I know w/in those realms.

As far as the latter question goes, I generally like to teach others some of the knowledge I possess. Generally I tend to regret this when my friends are already into what I am to some extent and then with my help they tend to surpass me... Ha ha....

heart on fire

Facing the shadow in humanity and ourselves.

Symbolism and how advertising and media uses symbolism, color and tone to communicate directly with the reptilian and mammalian parts of our brains and how this affects us and our decisions.

Period piece movies.

Social and cultural history.

Left brain/right brain type stuff.

The weaknesses of Ego and how ego can be used as a backdoor into our psyche and can be used to infuence us to act in ways other than in our best interests.

There are probably more, but my brain is tired today and I can't think all that well...I might add to this later.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sorry this post is so lousy, I cannot seem to get my head around things right now...

But anyhoo, things I am passionate about:

1. Psychological and spiritual growth. I love to watch people grow and mature, and I love to be in a position where I can help them -- whether it is just by encouraging them when they want to quit or providing insight when they are confused and unsure of what to do next. Who we are as individuals, what human beings are, and who we might become -- all of those things are mysterious but patterns still exist, and it just intrigues me so much how we work and develop.

2. Books and imagination.

3. The creation of art, the act of creation.

Topics of interest?
    1. Psychology
    2. Philosophy
    3. Religion & Spirituality
    4. Cultural development
    5. Gender issues/influences
    6. General science
    7. Fantasy
    8. Dinosaurs
    9. Sharks
    10. Crime / Good & Evil
    11. Mythology
    12. Music performance and composition
    13. Writing
    14. Biking
    15. Hiking
    16. Tolkien
    17. Humor / Cartoons / Animation

... and the list goes on and on, my interests leap all over the place.

As far as teaching / being taught goes, I enjoy both. I enjoy picking someone's brain who is more knowledgeable than me, and I also enjoy sharing what I know with others and seeing what they come out of it with and perhaps what insights they might be able to give back.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I generally like to find out what a person is passionate about and see if I can get them to talk about it. I have a good conversation and pick their brain at the same time.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Get me started, but don't expect me to stick to a subject...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I find myself eager to talk about subjects that have a definite answer, but one that we'll never deduce. I'm a big fan of absolute truth. I believe there is an answer for everything, whether or not we're capable of figuring it out.

My two favorite topics for discussion fall into this category, and are actually intertwined. One is cosmology...I'm fascinated by the idea of a prime mover, and whether the idea of God is more likely to be true than not. The other is the nature of love...whether altruism and romantic love are things that the human race have been blessed with, or whether they are biological constructs that have nothing to do with a soul.

And believe it or not, I've never taken an illicit drug

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I find myself eager to talk about subjects that have a definite answer, but one that we'll never deduce. I'm a big fan of absolute truth. I believe there is an answer for everything, whether or not we're capable of figuring it out.
    Okay, then.

Ginger, or Mary Ann?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I actually try to avoid taking to people about my interests. When I discover that someone has a similar interest as I do, the possibility that they may know more about it than I do makes me insanely jealous. In addition, when someone shares my interests, I no longer feel like an individual.

Ironically, I do not have that same anxiety over the Internet. Maybe it's because I don't get the feeling that I'm talking directly to people. I'm more like communicating with an author -- and it's not the author you're interested in or admire, it's the information s(he) has.

But being directly confronted with someone who is as smart or smarter than me makes me feel inferior.