• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] THE ENTP Appreciation Thread

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ow, you should see the entj about the details. I'm the big idea mad scientist.

My apologize for the pretty things, that is indeed very true. SJ and SP tend to remind me of the ouroboros part of our society. Feeding off itself to substain itself if you will. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just saying I'm happy with not living in a cave. And having the occasional animal represented on the walls as an higher art form. :whistling:

*laughs and goes to find an entj*

theplacesyoullgo

The thing that gets me about ENTPs is that there's a lot less middle ground between the awesome ones and the obnoxious ones than in other types. My favorite comedians are ENTPs. I know one who's hilarious, charismatic, and attractive - and definitely knows it, but he can get away with it because he's that charming.

However, little is more painful than an ENTP who is not remotely witty but thinks he is and not remotely attractive but thinks he is. It's just so cringe worthy and desperate-looking.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The thing that gets me about ENTPs is that there's a lot less middle ground between the awesome ones and the obnoxious ones than in other types. My favorite comedians are ENTPs. I know one who's hilarious, charismatic, and attractive - and definitely knows it, but he can get away with it because he's that charming.

However, little is more painful than an ENTP who is not remotely witty but thinks he is and not remotely attractive but thinks he is. It's just so cringe worthy and desperate-looking.

Ah, the horrors of mistyping my friends.
Watch and learn :whistling:

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
He's a self-typed ENTP and says he identifies with the type very strongly.

I first read 'self centered entp'. Thought 'dude, ur repeating urself' :cheese:
Well so do the intps, oh they'll deny it. It's a pride thing.

Depends about how old he is and so on. I'm going to say something completly wild right now: brace yourself.
I used not to be the cool kid!

I just don't know the guy but hey, it's interesting. Let's try not to get judgmental about how uncool he is and describe behavior.

theplacesyoullgo

I first read 'self centered entp'. Thought 'dude, ur repeating urself' :cheese:
Well so do the intps, oh they'll deny it. It's a pride thing.

Depends about how old he is and so on. I'm going to say something completly wild right now: brace yourself.
I used not to be the cool kid!

I just don't know the guy but hey, it's interesting. Let's try not to get judgmental about how uncool he is and describe behavior.

Unfortunately, he's not young at all, and I honestly wasn't trying to fixate on his "uncoolness" in itself. It just amazes me how he fits the general framework of the ENTP type but fails on every level. To be cliche, I have to imagine that ENTPs cursed with unfunny jokes must feel even less fulfilled than an ENTJ who isn't controlling something. ;)

Just keeping in line with the thread, though, I want to reiterate that I generally love ENTPs - in fact, I'm totally jealous of them a lot of the time. It's just that when it's bad, it tends to be REALLY bad.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The tiertary Ne+Fe tends to make us good with people in our own nt way.
As every sane person knows type doesn't stand for rule, far from it.
And I'd have to agree with what you said about how entps are somehow generaly a much more even class than other NTs.

You can't really survive as an entp if you just have bad humor and no style at all because being an entp is basically expressing lots and lots of wild ideas and connecting with people at some level. You quickly learn that some behaviors just don't get you that tingly feeling of being loved and deserving a rain of NF hugs.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The tiertary Ne+Fe tends to make us good with people in our own nt way.
As every sane person knows type doesn't stand for rule, far from it.
And I'd have to agree with what you said about how entps are somehow generaly a much more even class than other NTs.

You can't really survive as an entp if you just have bad humor and no style at all because being an entp is basically expressing lots and lots of wild ideas and connecting with people at some level. You quickly learn that some behaviors just don't get you that tingly feeling of being loved and deserving a rain of NF hugs.

EcK, you're a darling! :happy2: And I promise to rain you with NF hugs and kisses and snuggles provided you do not bash the art of poetry again, in which case I will be forced to bash you over the cranium with an unwieldy textbook until your brains exit your ass in slip 'n' slide fashion. (Link provided for lack of French/English translation.)

*MWUAH* to my sweet lil' stick o' dynamite!
--Me

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Aw thx guys ^^
I'm still not sure what we entp did to deserve all the attention but hey, anything to make the whole world a happier place. :laugh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like you guys lots being ever so much like me. hehe
sc0877dq.gif

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No way is Bill Clinton an "N". He's an ESTP. He has Ben Franklin written all over him. Master of his domain.

I have a team of ENTPs out back right now plowing the fields. Their large hooves keep them from sinking in the mud. And at dusk, I put them in the stable.

theplacesyoullgo

No way is Bill Clinton an "N". He's an ESTP. He has Ben Franklin written all over him. Master of his domain.

I have a team of ENTPs out back right now plowing the fields. Their large hooves keep them from sinking in the mud. And at dusk, I put them in the stable.

ESTP for Bill seems right. I believe someone once posted here saying s/he knew Bill self-typed as an ESTP and Hillary as an INTJ.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP for Bill seems right. I believe someone once posted here saying s/he knew Bill self-typed as an ESTP and Hillary as an INTJ.

Agreed. He just doesn't have the Ne vibe, know what I mean? :yes: FWIW, I think most politicians are Ss, with the occasional NT popping up here and there.

Anyone else think Hillary is an ISTJ? I don't think her acumen comes from N either. Jaye says she's ESTJ, but I disagree. I think she's an Si-primary. Besides, the ISTJ-ESTP pairing is pretty symbiotic and happens regularly.

theplacesyoullgo

I don't see ISTJ for Hillary at all (but still more than ESTJ - definite no), but my comparison is probably clouded by the person I probably know best being an ISTJ and absolutely nothing like Ms. Clinton. Even trying to put aside the fact that she supposedly self-typed as an INTJ, I can really see INTJ the best for her. Typing is so tricky with politicians though.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't see ISTJ for Hillary at all (but still more than ESTJ - definite no), but my comparison is probably clouded by the person I probably know best being an ISTJ and absolutely nothing like Ms. Clinton. Even trying to put aside the fact that she supposedly self-typed as an INTJ, I can really see INTJ the best for her. Typing is so tricky with politicians though.

Seriously - with all the shucking and jiving that goes on, typing pols is a turkey shoot at best. *laughs* :D I can certainly get with IxTJ. :yes: (I told Jaye she couldn't be an ESTJ because she doesn't feel Te primary... is that a wacky thing to say? Bleh!)

All this to say that ENTPs make the best plow animals. Sure they may drop steaming loads all over the place, and moo too much, and make jokes about being "horny" ad nauseum, but hey. They work for love and sweet feed, and the occasional grab of the udders. :devil:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
He's a self tested, self proclaimed ENTP. I didn't decide he was an ENTP, he did. He's a lot more apparently N one on one.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'll defer to your better judgment then.