User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Multiple view points

Does anyone else have any experience with being able to see every side of a situation? Maybe it's just a 'me' thing and not an NT thing.

I find that I usually hold multiple view points in my head at once. When I'm alone and thinking about something, I'll often try and defeat my own argument to pick which one I want to go with.

I'll have arguments with myself, where I try and prove myself illogical. All the different points of view I can think of in regards to a certain situation beat the shit out of each other in a battle for supremacy. It usually works too.

MBTI
    UFO

I'm not an NT. But I certainly do this. A lot.

The only difference is that I don't do it willingly(most of the times).Nor do I do it to prove my self illogical, I do it because I want to hold values and beliefs that I know won't hurt anyone, nor myself. But I guess that's just an NF thing.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    Does anyone else have any experience with being able to see every side of a situation? Maybe it's just a 'me' thing and not an NT thing.

I find that I usually hold multiple view points in my head at once. When I'm alone and thinking about something, I'll often try and defeat my own argument to pick which one I want to go with.

I'll have arguments with myself, where I try and prove myself illogical. All the different points of view I can think of in regards to a certain situation beat the shit out of each other in a battle for supremacy. It usually works too.
    LOL!

MBTI
    xxxx

Sure, I see both sides of things often. I can set aside my own values and examine other points of view. I end up playing devil's advocate with others and myself.

MBTI
    Isfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

I can see both sides of mostly anything.

but i dont argue with myself.
    "They're not particular about whether you're playing a flatted fifth or a ruptured 129th as long as they can dance to it."
    Dizzy Gillespie

"Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you ALIVE."
    Sid Vicious

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
    Bob Dylan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I think any people can see many points of view even if they are not NT's. I think the point is the P-J, so how much time you take in information depends on how many views you will get. If you have time to get more information in, the more options you will see.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    LOL!
    I love you too

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

That's usually referred to an aspect of Ni. The ability to view something from multiple perspectives in order to see the "truth".
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    That's usually referred to an aspect of Ni. The ability to view something from multiple perspectives in order to see the "truth".
    I thought the ability to view something from multiple perspective is more Ne than Ni.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I see several sides to everything- I see upsides and downsides to every decision.

I'm so indecisive I flip a coin to make up my mind half of the time

Of course, it's beneficial in debate class
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett