• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Multiple view points

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Does anyone else have any experience with being able to see every side of a situation? Maybe it's just a 'me' thing and not an NT thing.

I find that I usually hold multiple view points in my head at once. When I'm alone and thinking about something, I'll often try and defeat my own argument to pick which one I want to go with.

I'll have arguments with myself, where I try and prove myself illogical. All the different points of view I can think of in regards to a certain situation beat the shit out of each other in a battle for supremacy. It usually works too.

dotdalidot

MBTI Type
UFO
I'm not an NT. But I certainly do this. A lot.

The only difference is that I don't do it willingly(most of the times).Nor do I do it to prove my self illogical, I do it because I want to hold values and beliefs that I know won't hurt anyone, nor myself. But I guess that's just an NF thing.

T

ThatGirl

Does anyone else have any experience with being able to see every side of a situation? Maybe it's just a 'me' thing and not an NT thing.

I find that I usually hold multiple view points in my head at once. When I'm alone and thinking about something, I'll often try and defeat my own argument to pick which one I want to go with.

I'll have arguments with myself, where I try and prove myself illogical. All the different points of view I can think of in regards to a certain situation beat the shit out of each other in a battle for supremacy. It usually works too.

LOL!

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx

Sure, I see both sides of things often. I can set aside my own values and examine other points of view. I end up playing devil's advocate with others and myself.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6

I think any people can see many points of view even if they are not NT's. I think the point is the P-J, so how much time you take in information depends on how many views you will get. If you have time to get more information in, the more options you will see.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
That's usually referred to an aspect of Ni. The ability to view something from multiple perspectives in order to see the "truth".

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That's usually referred to an aspect of Ni. The ability to view something from multiple perspectives in order to see the "truth".

I thought the ability to view something from multiple perspective is more Ne than Ni.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I see several sides to everything- I see upsides and downsides to every decision.

I'm so indecisive I flip a coin to make up my mind half of the time :blush:

Of course, it's beneficial in debate class :)

MBTI Type
ENTP
I can always see multiple viewpoints in the early stages when I'm learning about an issue, but I usually eventually realize that one side holds more water. It's called critical thinking. :tongue10:

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I thought the ability to view something from multiple perspective is more Ne than Ni.
Being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes and view it that way is probably Ni + Fi. Ni seems to find common ground, Ne sees the possibilities. They both get there, just different ways.