User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: INTP Addiction

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post

Hm, no, I think that it does. I mean, I think that is what he means when he is speaking of trustworthiness. He mentioned being burned in the past, so I get the sense that he would like to trust me, but he does not want to be stabbed in the back until he is sure no harm will come from me.
    Yeah, this is a bad habit of mine. I tend to project my personality on others a lot. From other responses in the thread it seems I am in the minority when it comes to withholding my personal feelings from others, even those I consider friends. It's very possible he may be more balanced than I. I tend to fall into the extremes.

But like others have said. Take it slower. Try not to overwhelm him. We need time alone to re-energize and analyze everything before we feel we understand the relationship enough for it to progress.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yeah, this is a bad habit of mine. I tend to project my personality on others a lot. From other responses in the thread it seems I am in the minority when it comes to withholding my personal feelings from others, even those I consider friends. It's very possible he may be more balanced than I. I tend to fall into the extremes.

But like others have said. Take it slower. Try not to overwhelm him. We need time alone to re-energize and analyze everything before we feel we understand the relationship enough for it to progress.
    I'm with you on that, though, Jock. The vast majority of my friends, and longterm ones at that, probably don't know many personal details. I've consciously worked on sharing more of myself with others, but it's still only to a select few. And the ones that I've ended up sharing with have been the ones that haven't forced me to share, or made me feel self-conscious. They've been the ones who've made me just feel unconditionally accepted (and those I know are loyal and not gossips). I don't like feeling pressure to open up, though--like when someone feels like they're not truly my friend unless I'm sharing deep, dark secrets.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I can see what you mean, actually. The one other INTP I know (and scared away... ha!) once said to me that he thought I was way intense. I told him that surprised me because he seemed intense too. His explanation was similar to yours in that he pointed out his intensity was all internal and he did not really see the need to hash it out. I think my INTP roommate does have a bit of E. He is in sales, after all.

Yep. Noted. I try to distract myself with other people, even though he is one of the ones I like the most. Funny thing is, I need space from him too. Guess I need to take the "Easy there, Killer" advice (from my ISTJ roommate) and give my prey a break.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I wonder, do INTPs like ENFPs as much as the other way around?

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    It seems like putting up a wall of protection until I am more sure would be better for me.
    That's the thing.

I don't put up any walls. I usually attribute that to NJs. I'm usually stuck in Ti-Ne mode where I'm either analyzing something or joking around. This can produce some great and profound discussions without getting emotions involved.

I'm not naturally inclined to reveal emotional information. It also depends how deep seated it is. For example I'll reveal to my ENFP friend that I'm insecure about how I'm going to do in school, but not my past relationships.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think they like the ENFX in general.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

They've been the ones who've made me just feel unconditionally accepted (and those I know are loyal and not gossips). I don't like feeling pressure to open up, though--like when someone feels like they're not truly my friend unless I'm sharing deep, dark secrets
    I really like that definition of friendship. It seems very restful. I think a lot of my interaction with INTPs come from not only needing to know (simple curiousity), but also needing to be liked... which is really just insecurity. I want so much to get over that and to be OK with not being liked. Any advice on that one?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think they like the ENFX in general.
    ENFJ, yes.

I don't see much about ENFPs however.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ENFJ, yes.

I don't see much about ENFPs however.
    I think ENFP are a little light for the INTP. They would probably be better for more serious, stodgy types like the INTJ or ISTJ.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think ENFP are a little light for the INTP. They would probably be better for more serious, stodgy types like the INTJ or ISTJ.

What kind of INTPs do you know?