User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 107

Thread: INTP Addiction

  1. #91
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    INTJ/ENFP works by virtue of the dom N connection. The two types have a lot in common and easily understand each other because the dominant function of both types is Intuition.

    The INTP/ENFP match tends to be far less successful due to the Thinking/Feeling discrepancy. As a dominant Thinking type, the INTP tends to find it important for the situation to make sense. The ENFP tends to struggle to provide the clarity and reasonableness that is insisted upon by the INTP.

    In short, the chief difficulty in the INTP/ENFP bond is the T/F discrepancy. Such a problem is also to be noticed in the INTJ/ENFP, bond, but it is less significant because the INTJ is less of a thinking oriented type than the INTP. (That is the case because Thinking is the auxiliary function of the INTJ, and not the primary, as the latter is the case with the INTP.)

    However, the above two matches are far from the worst because Intuition is shared by both types.

    In summary, the virtues of the INT/ENFP match are oriented primarily around the common ground of Intuition.

    This is more notable in the INTJ/ENFP match than in the INTP/ENFP match.

    The defects of both matches consist primarily of the Thinking/Feeling discrepancy. This is more notable in the INTP/ENFP match than in the INTJ/ENFP match, as such discrepancies are much less notable in the case of the latter than in the case of the former.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #92
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    and i'm starting to believe bluemonday is a type by herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Oh Erin, you know I love you. That wasn't aimed at you. I'm just getting a bit weary of all the I INTPs stuff. We are a bunch of bastards and ppl need to realize this.


    I'm nobody's type.
    I envision bluemonday as a hot chick version of Bernard from Black Books.
    Something Witty

  3. #93
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    oh...and i meant to ask...why do you say this? you think we like stodgy? so what if we're good for them...what about us? where's our fun to be had?

    maybe we WANT someone silly...and cool and witty. maybe we just want it to be fun and it doesn't matter if it makes sense...maybe we don't care that nothing productive would ever get done....you know? maybe??
    You wanna bet a million butterflys?

    Potential gives you a thrill.

    Knowing it is and will be unrealised means it is no longer potential.

    But you'll hold off on driving toward completion because you also know time and tide and change by themselves provide new, new, fabulous new potential.

    And this is not merely true, but in fact valuable, if you also believe that one day, somewhere in the distant future, not only will everything be possible and anything could happen, but that indeed something will happen... something will be produced.

    Potential, guaranteed to be unrealised, is not longer potential. It holds no novelty. It isn't even there.


    Face your fate. We automatons must have your life force and we will suck out your soul. We are drawn to the shiny light like zombies to brains.

  4. #94
    Senior Member Rachelinpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    878

    Default

    yeah I know what you are talking about...you guys being goofy and us being pleasant and silent...and all of a sudden, we play along... sometimes clumsily...usually brilliantly....and you can throw in some deeper conversation....and we quickly manage to capture the essence of the subject and contribute...and it begins long reflections that can end at sunrise....
    yessssssssssss!

  5. #95
    Senior Member Tayshaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    yessssssssssss!





  6. #96
    Junior Member bloodyfungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I've found that the more you tease and joke the more interesting they become, and they only seem to open up when they're drunk. I advocate getting him a bottle of Jack.
    This I can vouch for - both of them. The joke is more of a challenge to me than an insult. I feel that I have to (jokily) prove or disprove whatever slur is being put against me.

    As for the alcohol - every time. Somehow it makes that link between brain and mouth that I've so tirelessly fought to shut down
    Yes, you are unique......just like everyone else

  7. #97
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Oh Erin, you know I love you. That wasn't aimed at you. I'm just getting a bit weary of all the I INTPs stuff. We are a bunch of bastards and ppl need to realize this.
    Such self-hate!



    We are awesome.

  8. #98
    Senior Member Cypocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/
    Posts
    252

    Default

    This is how an NF should strategically lure INTPs. I know this because I'm an INTP approaching xNxP status currently.

    1. If you're going to flirt, flirt smart. For ENFP's use your Ne to make open ended figurative statements. Drives INTPs nuts. Imagine how ENTPs flirt (usually joking a lot, and smartly if I may add), only add more femminine touch to that.

    2. It helps if you're pretty but never act superficially (like what most ESFPs do). But if you have a good SF tendency, that's just fine, but never ever forget to entertain an INTPs intellectual pursuit.

    3. You need not over-analyze as much as INTPs do things but you can do other things that's similar to what INTPs do. For example, if you read Neil Gaiman's Sandman, you can tell the INTP about how you interpret the underlying symbolism with regard to its various illustrations, and you can even inject a Feeling element to that, but don't get to say shallow statements like how cute you think Morpheus is.

    4. You can be extra touchy if you like. For an INTP, I like that, just never lose the intellectual factor of the conversation. A certain F element is allowable, and by default, INTPs don't really expect females to have a strong Ti function. No ENFP female should pretend that she understands Ti to a certain level that INTPs do. It's understandable.

    5. If you have a certain NF moral conviction that you live by, show signs that you can live with them. INTPs hate erratic behavior very much. To a certain extent, occasional mood swings are allowable, but at least show a sign that you have principles.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Or you could just say "I want your cock." Works on me like a charm.

  10. #100
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Or you could just say "I want your cock." Works on me like a charm.
    Wouldnt work on me, guess Im not INTP after all.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTPs RE: the Telephone
    By Sandy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-16-2008, 03:02 PM
  2. [INTP] Defeatism created by INTP type description
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 06:24 PM
  3. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
  4. [INTP] INTP Rage
    By Schizm in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
  5. [INTP] Good things about INTPs
    By lastrailway in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO